12Next >
27290 44 2021-11-24
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Akrasky
lvl.2
Flight distance : 350331 ft
Italy

Hi, as title I can't use my Mavic Mini 2 due the DJI fly doesn't work properly.
I ran it on a top smartphone: a Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra with 12 GB RAM and android 12.
I start putting hands forward: I do not want absolutely change device, I spent so much money for the smartphone and of course, for a drone too: I will not change device!
It is unbelievable that the app developers do nothing to solve this big issue that many users are facing.
Is it right to pay for something that's unusable for a main house non-fulfilment? I think that something should be do with some urgency, too time is alredy gone. Actually I'm forced to return the product bought fortunately on Amazon and write a very bad review everywhere.
2021-11-24
Use props
Edwin T
lvl.4
Flight distance : 567375 ft
Malaysia

Hey pal, I'm using the same phone as yours, you can see what they replied to me from here...

The drone no issues, just that it takes time for them to release the firmware, they are working on it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 781&pid=2603291
2021-11-24
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Akrasky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. DJI is working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. As of the moment it is recommended that please use the said DJI drone with an Android 11. Thank you.
2021-11-24
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Did you think to check which devices were supported before you purchased it?
2021-11-25
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Italy

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 01:28

You're right. I never thought DJI would rest on its laurels.
when you are a famous brand you cannot sleep counting sheep. Support for the latest generation devices must be guaranteed quickly, not biblical times. It is now 1 year (ONE YEAR!) That the Samsung S21 has been on the market and DJI is still sleeping peacefully in its dream world of users who spend good money on DJI-branded products.
Such a long wait for updates to an app that is the heart of the whole system is unacceptable. Absurd.
2021-11-25
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Akrasky Posted at 11-25 05:55
You're right. I never thought DJI would rest on its laurels.
when you are a famous brand you cannot sleep counting sheep. Support for the latest generation devices must be guaranteed quickly, not biblical times. It is now 1 year (ONE YEAR!) That the Samsung S21 has been on the market and DJI is still sleeping peacefully in its dream world of users who spend good money on DJI-branded products.
Such a long wait for updates to an app that is the heart of the whole system is unacceptable. Absurd.

Totally agree the software is no longer up to scratch.
2021-11-25
Use props
djiuser_AYhfmo2kw9yk
New
Flight distance : 12385 ft
United States

I updated the firmware on my Magic Air 2 today, now I can’t see my camera feed. It was working fine this morning before the update.
iPhone 12 max pro IOS15.1.1
2021-11-26
Use props
djiuser_AYhfmo2kw9yk
New
Flight distance : 12385 ft
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 20:08
Hello there Akrasky. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. The Android 12 beta version is being continuously updated. DJI is working on the compatibility with Android 12 and will continue to optimize in subsequent releases. As of the moment it is recommended that please use the said DJI drone with an Android 11. Thank you.

Is there a problem with the latest firmware, I lost camera feed after an update I did today, I was working fine before the update.
2021-11-26
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_AYhfmo2kw9yk Posted at 11-26 13:08
Is there a problem with the latest firmware, I lost camera feed after an update I did today, I was working fine before the update.

Yeah, but don't tell it to DJI because they will reply you telling you should use an Iphone 4 or older
2021-11-26
Use props
MCenteno
lvl.2
Portugal

I have bought my mini 2 a few days ago. I have a Samsung S21 Ultra 5G.

First try at home worked fine, after update itself i started to get black screeen on live feed (only, because i still could record and take photos without knowing where i was shooting, but it worked fine) and the app after first use, start to crash. To use it i have do delete and install again.
Read along this forum to update the app by downloading the last app available, so i did it.
Live feed come back to work but still have the app crash everytime after first use.

I have contated chat support today and they know about this issue with Samsung S21.
At least, i can see where i'm going right now... Waiting for a full resolution of it!
2021-11-30
Use props
djiuser_3XPwNXXX05Xb
New

United Kingdom

I received a response from DJI regarding the black screen issue.
I was told to uninstall the app, then download from this link and reinstall. https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309

It fixed the issue for me!
2021-12-1
Use props
Akrasky
lvl.2
Italy

djiuser_3XPwNXXX05Xb Posted at 12-1 15:08
I was told to uninstall the app, then download from this link and reinstall. https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309

I was just writing back the same.
DJI contacted me saying the probelm was fixed by uninstalling and re-download the app dji fly.
Be warned that there is not a new version of the app: they uodated the existing one so you must download always the same.
This worked for me.
My MM2 works right now.
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_Y5dzhO6t8o8z
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 11-25 01:28

Please note: Some of us don't get too many choices from our providers as you might.
With the greatest respect. In my case yes for sure I checked.
Here are my choices S20 FE;  S21 5G;  S21+ 5G;  S21 Ultra 5G and Huawei P40 pro and honestly I would chew my leg off rather than take a Huawei not had a good time with that brand.
So I've read the list seen my options. What do you suggest as I have been in this forum for hours.
2021-12-4
Use props
Johnny_J
lvl.4

Sweden

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-24 20:08

The said DJI Stephen Super Moderator continues to overuse the "said" word:
"I am sorry for the said trouble this has caused and thank you for the said reaching out. The said Android 12 said beta version is being continuously updated. The said DJI is working on the said compatibility with the said Android 12 and will continue to optimize in the said subsequent releases. As of the said moment it is recommended that the said please use the said DJI drone with an said Android 11"

2021-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Y5dzhO6t8o8z Posted at 12-4 07:53
Please note: Some of us don't get too many choices from our providers as you might.
With the greatest respect. In my case yes for sure I checked.
Here are my choices S20 FE;  S21 5G;  S21+ 5G;  S21 Ultra 5G and Huawei P40 pro and honestly I would chew my leg off rather than take a Huawei not had a good time with that brand.

The latest build of 1.5.1 (build 2025) is working for some on the S21.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_Y5dzhO6t8o8z
lvl.1
South Africa

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 00:53
The latest build of 1.5.1 (build 2025) is working for some on the S21.

Very true I have been in the forum all weekend. My current concern is that I was "sort of forced" to take some sort of crash or repair feature ( how and why is a different conversation   ) which is negated if we fly with an unsupported device as per numerous DJI posts. It's damned if do and damned if you don't.
I'll pay for pilot error I have no issue with that . Evidence will show what hapended  in an icident. The cover is  to help me against manufacture faults or loss of flight control due to software related stuff which I have no say in.  All the devices seem to have there own set of warts depending on the ver of fly app used. Its nuts.
Based on forum chatter DJI in my opinion can really add the S21 Ultra the pillots out there are field teting it more and better than they seem to have time for.
Thanks for the chat. Cheers
2021-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

djiuser_Y5dzhO6t8o8z Posted at 12-5 03:05
Very true I have been in the forum all weekend. My current concern is that I was "sort of forced" to take some sort of crash or repair feature ( how and why is a different conversation   ) which is negated if we fly with an unsupported device as per numerous DJI posts. It's damned if do and damned if you don't.
I'll pay for pilot error I have no issue with that . Evidence will show what hapended  in an icident. The cover is  to help me against manufacture faults or loss of flight control due to software related stuff which I have no say in.  All the devices seem to have there own set of warts depending on the ver of fly app used. Its nuts.
Based on forum chatter DJI in my opinion can really add the S21 Ultra the pillots out there are field teting it more and better than they seem to have time for.

No Probs,   btw the way if you go up to the top right corner of the forum where the drone image is,  and click personal homepage you can set your own avatar and name.
2021-12-5
Use props
SpitfireJon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

djiuser_3XPwNXXX05Xb Posted at 2021-12-1 15:08

Didn't work for me! :-(
2022-5-25
Use props
djiuser_Z3cm0sxxHsjq
New

United States

Moring DJI family,
I was flying good as well yesterdayday with my Mavic Mini and updated the firmware between charging the batteries. Now I'm having the same issue with the Galaxy S21. I have uninstalled and redowloaded the DJI Fly app and I'm still having the same issue. Drone functions perfectly, takes photos and records, but not being able to see anything is ANNOYING. DJI ... fix this issue ASAP! Its a 3day weekend... I want to fly my Drone!
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_YJdaenoQgZP3
New

Lithuania

DJI Stephen Posted at 2021-11-24 20:08

Fck DJI. Upgraded S20+ to S22+, and Mavic Air 2 do not show camera view anymore. ...ty software by DJI!
2022-5-28
Use props
djiuser_bPqcIrkPwF6J
New

Canada

SpitfireJon Posted at 5-25 07:44
Didn't work for me! :-(

Didn't work for me neither. I mean you spent good money on these drones and they cant even get there software correct. DJI Its time for new software developers because yours are terrible.
2022-5-28
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

I had the same issue....no camera display after latest firmware update.
I deleted the cache and data for Fly App 1.61 then uninstalled the app.
Installed FlyApp vs 1.54 and now everything is working.

2022-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

You will get lots of feedback on this.  Just trust me.  It's your cable.
2022-5-28
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-28 14:16

No, it's NOT your cable.
Delete latest Fly App and install 1.54.
2022-5-28
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

MBSL500 Posted at 5-28 14:20
No, it's NOT your cable.
Delete latest Fly App and install 1.54.

Can't hurt to try.  : )   I have had many instances of cables causing this.
2022-5-29
Use props
SpitfireJon
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for all the replies, folks. I've sent a PM to the administrator who provided me with the fix, just to make sure he's happy for me to share it. If he's happy for me to do so, I'll post it on here later.
Jon
2022-5-30
Use props
MBSL500
lvl.4
United States

SpitfireJon Posted at 5-30 00:53
Thanks for all the replies, folks. I've sent a PM to the administrator who provided me with the fix, just to make sure he's happy for me to share it. If he's happy for me to do so, I'll post it on here later.
Jon

If an administrator has an actual fix for this.....why hasn't he / doesn't he post the fix himself?

Come on administrators.....do your damned jobs.

2022-5-30
Use props
djiuser_wyvXLgi3zcbv
New
Flight distance : 202582 ft
Belgium

Same issue for me after last update, im using Samsung S22 and Dji Mini 1.
Anyone already solved this issue? Its stopped to transmit the image just after update, previously it was working just fine...  but now im on vacation and want to use my dji.. of course. @djisupport, can you please help asap?
2022-6-5
Use props
megistas
lvl.1

France

Same issue. I have a Mavic Mini and I am having black screen issue with S22 Ultra (Snapdragon 8gen1) despite I am having live view with Note 10 Plus. Both devices are running Android 12. I tried DJI Fly 1.6.1, 1.6.2 (beta) and 1.6.4 but no luck.
2022-6-5
Use props
djiuser_wfpJV2Y4AfYs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I'm having same problem with a Galaxy S22+, I downgraded to 1.5.1 and it was working but then updated app to 1.6.4 which has same issue. I've gone back to 1.5.1 but now it says a mismatch with firmware version so won't even take off. @djisupport are you aware of this and trying to fix? It's a total shambles.
2022-6-11
Use props
djiuser_ez9FQhxrKtQb
New

Israel

djiuser_wfpJV2Y4AfYs Posted at 6-11 02:30
I'm having same problem with a Galaxy S22+, I downgraded to 1.5.1 and it was working but then updated app to 1.6.4 which has same issue. I've gone back to 1.5.1 but now it says a mismatch with firmware version so won't even take off. @djisupport are you aware of this and trying to fix? It's a total shambles.

Im having the same problem with my galaxy s22+
Camera doesn't work in Ver 1.6.4 !!!!!
2022-6-16
Use props
djiuser_wfpJV2Y4AfYs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

I contacted support who made me try everything I already had and then I provided them screenshots, I then heard back from someone else asking me all the same questions again but who also said it was a known issue and was being worked on.

The only way I have ever got it to work is on 1.5.10 but make sure you don't upgrade to the latest firmware with 1.6.4 as it is incompatible.
2022-6-20
Use props
brandon esparsen
lvl.1

United States

Just pulled out my mavic mini that I bought a long time ago and it has a black screen. Twice I've been able to get video feed after messing with settings but goes back to black after turning off.  Firmware updated. S22 ultra.
2022-7-1
Use props
djiuser_g7VC4U3gZBVL
New
Flight distance : 10604 ft
United States

TonyPHX Posted at 5-28 14:16

No . . . ignore this advice.  It’s NOT your cable.  It’s bad DJI software meeting constantly upgrading smartphone OS and not being fully compatible.
2022-7-3
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_g7VC4U3gZBVL Posted at 7-3 11:45
No . . . ignore this advice.  It’s NOT your cable.  It’s bad DJI software meeting constantly upgrading smartphone OS and not being fully compatible.

No, ignore this advice telling you to ignore my advice. lol
2022-7-3
Use props
djiuser_wfpJV2Y4AfYs
lvl.1

United Kingdom

It is definitely software as per my above post if you downgrade to 1.5.10 it works, they asked me to test 1.6.9 and it still doesn't work on any 1.6.* version
2022-7-12
Use props
djiuser_O7GaDxE0Sov2
New
Flight distance : 73061 ft
Canada

Glad to see it's not just me, had to fly blind all day because if the black screen.  Confirmed the 1.5.10 is working on a S22 Ultra.
2022-7-20
Use props
calzaa
lvl.1
Flight distance : 112740 ft
Australia

Can Also confirm 1.5.10 is working on a S22+
2022-8-2
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Akrasky Posted at 2021-11-25 05:55
It is now 1 year (ONE YEAR!) That the Samsung S21 has been on the market

I believe the Samsung S21 was released with Android v11...  Have you upgraded it to Android v12?  It seems most of the compatibility issues for Android devices are related to v12, which DJI has not fully optimized.

Android optimization can take some time because there are so many hardware variations to accommodate...   DJI is far from the only manufacturer to struggle with Android updates, and they won't be the last.  But they should include some disclaimer that the app is tested on v11 instead of just saying "Requires Android 6.0 or above.

Compatible with Samsung Galaxy S21"

For that matter, I still cannot believe that DJI has not resolved whatever issue prevents them from distributing their software through the Google Play store...  This whole sideloading business is crazy!  No wonder there's so much malware in the Android ecosystem!  The DJI apps are popular enough that it would not surprise me if maliocious apps claiming to be from DJI exist on the internet attempting to fool consumers into downloading them.

2022-8-2
Use props
Yakelo
New

United Kingdom

What was the fix?
I'm having the same issue with my Mavic Mini (first model/original)
Installed version 1.7.0 of the app from the DJI website and just getting a blank screen on the camera feed

Phone is s22+
2022-9-5
Use props
12Next >
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules