Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3301621 ft
  • >>>
Slovakia

Hi All,

Today wanted to test brand new Mavic 3 but to my surpise when clicked unlock authorization zone I get Feature Coming Soon. At all locations I'm flying there is authorization zone so basically I'm unable to fly with my brand new M3 at all.

@DJI Moderators,

Could you please advise when this feature will be available or how to unlock authorization zone on my drone different way?

Thanks,

David
2021-11-29
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

Latest firmware relase notes says that there was added ability to unlock GEO zones. Despite that it is not working for me after update.

Could somebody confirm if there was possible for you to unlock GEO zone on Mavic 3?

Thanks,
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
Flight distance : 16783757 ft
  • >>>
United States

I rarely ever wait to do an unlock on site.  I almost always submit an unlock via the DJI FlySafe website ahead of time and import it before I head out to fly.  

I was just able to successfully do this on my Mavic 3.  However, I'm not physically near one of the geo zones today, so I can't test it out yet.
2021-11-29
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

KlooGee Posted at 11-29 08:26
I rarely ever wait to do an unlock on site.  I almost always submit an unlock via the DJI FlySafe website ahead of time and import it before I head out to fly.  

I was just able to successfully do this on my Mavic 3.  However, I'm not physically near one of the geo zones today, so I can't test it out yet.

Thanks for reply, but were you able correctly see unlocking license in DJI FLY app? Were you able open GEO Zone Unlock menu within settings in DJI FLY when connected to that M3? Thanks.
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Yes, as mentioned, I was able to successfully do the unlock process.  This includes seeing the unlock license that was imported in DJI Fly to the aircraft.  I just can't test fly the drone in an geo zone today due to my physical location.
2021-11-29
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

KlooGee Posted at 11-29 08:38
Yes, as mentioned, I was able to successfully do the unlock process.  This includes seeing the unlock license that was imported in DJI Fly to the aircraft.  I just can't test fly the drone in an geo zone today due to my physical location.

Are you using Android or Iphone? And what is the app version? Also are you using firmwre version 01.00.0300? Thanks.
2021-11-29
Use props
KlooGee
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DH_Pilot Posted at 11-29 08:47
Are you using Android or Iphone? And what is the app version? Also are you using firmwre version 01.00.0300? Thanks.

I just tested this via the TriplTek 8 Pro tablet with Android on it.  I always run the latest and greatest firmware and app updates available.
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there David. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates for the DJI Mavic 3 and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-11-29
Use props
DH_Pilot
Second Officer
  • >>>
Slovakia

I was able to resolve this, it was initially not working probably because I didn't restarted/killed DJI FLY app after firmware upgrade. After restarting everything once more time it is working correctly. Thanks.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules