Anyone mount the DJI Action 2 on the DJI FPV Drone?
2900 8 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Illuminations
Captain
Flight distance : 13 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've ordered a camera mount for my DJI FPV drone, and am planning to stick the DJI Action 2 on it to get better footage from the drone than with its built in camera. I was just wondering if anyone has tried this yet - I'm a bit concerned by the magnetic/clip connector system and how sturdy it actually is. It seems pretty solid, but I thought I'd ask if anyone else has first hand experience with such a setup before I risk it myself.
2021-11-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried this process can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder that the additional weight might of the DJI Action 2 can affect the performance of your DJI drone. Thank you.  
2021-11-29
Use props
Depp
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1868796 ft
  • >>>
Germany

I'll be interested in your experiences. It's really a shame that DJI doesn't get its act together and get as good image quality and stabilization and that you have to mount another, only a couple of months younger product of them on your drone to get decent quality. I use a GoPro Hero 6 plus Reelsteady and like it a lot.
2021-11-29
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 11-29 20:01
Hello there Illuminations. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots who have tried this process can give out the best recommendation with regards to this matter. Just a friendly reminder that the additional weight might of the DJI Action 2 can affect the performance of your DJI drone. Thank you.

Yep, I've done research on people putting different cameras on the FPV drone, and it looks like it should work fine. I'm hoping the Action 2 won't impact performance much due to its extremely small size. I certainly intend to be cautious and thoroughly test the drone out in this configuration.
2021-11-29
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

Depp Posted at 11-29 22:31
I'll be interested in your experiences. It's really a shame that DJI doesn't get its act together and get as good image quality and stabilization and that you have to mount another, only a couple of months younger product of them on your drone to get decent quality. I use a GoPro Hero 6 plus Reelsteady and like it a lot.

I'll be sure to report back here!

The DJI FPV drone's camera isn't bad, but it definitely could be improved. I'd love it if DJI updated the camera with the same excellent digital stabilization as the Action 2.
2021-11-29
Use props
HubertAile
lvl.4
Flight distance : 6348120 ft
  • >>>
France

Hello,
Yes i did and it works well (00:20) :
2021-11-29
Use props
Illuminations
Captain
  • >>>
United States

HubertAile Posted at 11-29 23:51
Hello,
Yes i did and it works well (00:20) : https://youtu.be/Io0OuZ6AK-A?t=1200

Very cool, love the shot where you were flying downhill with the fog in the valley - thanks!
2021-11-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That is a cool idea!
2021-11-30
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

HubertAile Posted at 11-29 23:51
Hello,
Yes i did and it works well (00:20) : https://youtu.be/Io0OuZ6AK-A?t=1200

Nice video.
The super wide angle is a bit too much for me to watch comfortably.
2021-11-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules