DJI Apple vs Android
1281 10 2021-11-29
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Davidmt65
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2353225 ft
United States

First of all I like to say dji makes the most amazing products for it's customer's I own a Mavic Air 2,Mini 2 and Dji om5. I really enjoy my products. Now your company  advertises. It supports Apple and Android phones and few tablets. But it seems like you are catering to apple software when designing your software for your products. Here are some examples of bias  toward Android examples 1. the most  annoying is every year when the new Android version comes out your software is not ready . Android version come out around May and release in September but you drop the ball every year. Now when it comes to apple your on the the fast track to have your software ready for Apples OS. I call it like I see it Bai's .Another example is your dji Om 5 no using your gimbal in 4k with android phone. Also the flagship of Android Google pixel 6 and 6 pro can not fly your drones or use it's 4k on your gimbal. Maybe this all can be work on and fixed soon. Or stop  advertising you work on Android when you only work for Apple.

2021-11-29
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

To be fair,  supporting IOS is much easier than Android,   every Android device out there can behave differently,   with IOS you can easily support a wide range of the apple devices as Xcode makes this much easier.
2021-12-1
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308228 ft

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-1 01:19
To be fair,  supporting IOS is much easier than Android,   every Android device out there can behave differently,   with IOS you can easily support a wide range of the apple devices as Xcode makes this much easier.

Yeah many apps have issues on android
2021-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantasma5 Posted at 12-13 16:01
Yeah many apps have issues on android

Google does seem to be addressing that now,  but only with the phones it sells.  
2021-12-14
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-14 00:02
Google does seem to be addressing that now,  but only with the phones it sells.

I used to have a razer Phone 2 and it had tons of issues with app support
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantasma5 Posted at 12-15 20:11
I used to have a razer Phone 2 and it had tons of issues with app support

I had the orginal razor and really liked it.
2021-12-16
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4

United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-16 00:24
I had the orginal razor and really liked it.

I just recently got a iPhone 13 pro max and definitely prefer it over the razor phone 2
2021-12-16
Use props
Avalon1996
New

Russia

I use only IOS because it is much easier for me
2021-12-16
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Phantasma5 Posted at 12-16 17:18
I just recently got a iPhone 13 pro max and definitely prefer it over the razor phone 2

Same,  launch day 13 Pro Max,   had the new iPhone since the 3gs on launch day,   Im a bit addicted.
2021-12-17
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing. IOS is better
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_PtY2SQmSglHK
lvl.1
Flight distance : 51562 ft

New Zealand

I agree, I always had the latest phones over the years and stopped using IPhone years ago when they started to introduce things like force feedback for non proprietary products etc.. into their ecosystem. I didn't like that they were not giving me the freedom of choice to choose from a range of products from anywhere. So I went to Android and never looked back. Open source and plug it in and it just works.
I'm not disputing Apple it's great but I just don't buy into them. So with that being said you probably have more Androids on the planet than ios except in the USA. Which means the question should be rephrased does DJI only cater to their US market? Not interested in hearing development is hard, to me it sounds like an excuse for development is lazy.
2022-5-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules