Please select Into the mobile phone version | Continue to access the computer ver.
New Air 2S firmware Released (12/01/2021)
5227 39 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DJI Support
Administrator
Flight distance : 2408 ft
Hong Kong

Overview:
  • Date: 2021.12.01
  • Aircraft Firmware: v02.04.21.20
  • Remote Controller: v04.12.00.54
  • DJI Fly App iOS: v1.5.1
  • DJI Fly App Android: v1.5.1

What’s New?
  • Fixed some bugs.

Notes:
  • If the update fails, restart aircraft, remote controller, and DJI Fly or DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series), and retry.

2021-12-1
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Thanks for the info!
2021-12-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for letting us know.  
2021-12-1
Use props
LoveYou
lvl.4
Flight distance : 16525367 ft
Greece

Very detailed  What’s New!

What bugs fixed?

DJI stop the mockery and give more information.

Thanks.
2021-12-1
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

Thanks for the new firmware!
2021-12-1
Use props
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

Thanks DJI, so far I see aircraft on the map now and it shows their Altitude and Distance...
2021-12-1
Use props
DannyAir2s
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Have you fixed the problem with the Air 2S defaulting to auto ISO every time you turn it on even when in pro mode ? seriously stupid situation that is, someone at DJI needs to address this error and fast
2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_UAPzMrwJbYVy
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3072448 ft
  • >>>
United States

Is there a possible fix for the battery installation error that I keep receiving even though the battery is snugly in place
2021-12-1
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Thanks for the update!
2021-12-1
Use props
Andre vd Weide
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1503937 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

also battery update
2021-12-2
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

At first update to the drone, I received no unusual messages.  On subsequent updates with other batteries, it came up with a message that the firmware on some of the attached components is incompatible with this update.  Update firmware?  I said yes figuring it recognized the battery firmware needed updating too.  I received this message on each subsequent update with a different battery.

After done, I "refreshed" the update again with an updated battery, and got no such message, so yes, I think it needs to update each battery firmware.  
2021-12-2
Use props
Heinz Donsbach
lvl.3
Flight distance : 56575 ft
  • >>>
Germany

dr6583 Posted at 12-2 14:06
At first update to the drone, I received no unusual messages.  On subsequent updates with other batteries, it came up with a message that the firmware on some of the attached components is incompatible with this update.  Update firmware?  I said yes figuring it recognized the battery firmware needed updating too.  I received this message on each subsequent update with a different battery.

After done, I "refreshed" the update again with an updated battery, and got no such message, so yes, I think it needs to update each battery firmware.

Yes that's right. Every battery needs to be updated. I have 3 batteries and had to update the firmware 3 times
2021-12-2
Use props
EliasAU
lvl.2
Flight distance : 53209400 ft
Australia

Heinz Donsbach Posted at 12-2 18:06
Yes that's right. Every battery needs to be updated. I have 3 batteries and had to update the firmware 3 times

5 batteries here same thing 5 updated
What it did seem to fix was battery power remaining to be displayed more accurate
Before I would fly out in S mode and 10 mins into the flight it would say 7 mins left, caused me a panic the first time that happened because I was straight out and thought I’m not going to make it back but I reduced the speed and flew back at 45km/h and the battery recovered and I was left with 5 mins battery after 15 mins return.
2021-12-3
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

EliasAU Posted at 12-3 14:19
5 batteries here same thing 5 updated
What it did seem to fix was battery power remaining to be displayed more accurate
Before I would fly out in S mode and 10 mins into the flight it would say 7 mins left, caused me a panic the first time that happened because I was straight out and thought I’m not going to make it back but I reduced the speed and flew back at 45km/h and the battery recovered and I was left with 5 mins battery after 15 mins return.

Good information.  Last flight before the update it RTH for low battery (indicator said about 15% or 20% I think) but when I checked the cells they each still had 3 bars (??).  Maybe I'll get more consistent readings between the two and, hopefully, will not RTH prematurely.
2021-12-4
Use props
KLRSKIR
lvl.4
Flight distance : 28368625 ft
  • >>>
United States

Thanks for the update. Eight batteries here and none updated.
2021-12-4
Use props
VIDAAIR
lvl.2
Flight distance : 160066 ft
  • >>>
United States

I was having rear obstacle sensor errors -1800002 which seems to have fixed on first flight after the firmware update. Hopefully that resolve it but it may pop up again, hopefully not. Not sure what is causing that. Anyone else have the same issue with there MA2s? Just upgraded from the MA2 and never had these issue with it.
2021-12-5
Use props
Hrodnand
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2972293 ft
Romania

Updated all 3 of my batteries, new FW works fine.
2021-12-6
Use props
Qbling
lvl.1
Australia

Hi, Airs 2s updated to firmware 02.04.2120, and now as soon as propellors start for take off, screen on phone freezes on what was in view. Despite screen frozen, can take photos and they will be in Album. However if press record to take video then video is black, and then when exit out of album, the screen is black also.
It is rectified by closing and opening of app again, but this means I have to take off, close app and reopen app everytime I take off.

Please help.
2021-12-11
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Flight distance : 51670 ft
Romania

Qbling Posted at 12-11 01:27
Hi, Airs 2s updated to firmware 02.04.2120, and now as soon as propellors start for take off, screen on phone freezes on what was in view. Despite screen frozen, can take photos and they will be in Album. However if press record to take video then video is black, and then when exit out of album, the screen is black also.
It is rectified by closing and opening of app again, but this means I have to take off, close app and reopen app everytime I take off.

try https://service-adhoc.dji.com/do ... 2-b4ab-9cf977d77309

now work !!
2021-12-11
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Romania

Qbling Posted at 12-11 01:27
Hi, Airs 2s updated to firmware 02.04.2120, and now as soon as propellors start for take off, screen on phone freezes on what was in view. Despite screen frozen, can take photos and they will be in Album. However if press record to take video then video is black, and then when exit out of album, the screen is black also.

don't forget to update with each battery separately
2021-12-11
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Romania

VIDAAIR Posted at 12-5 10:14
I was having rear obstacle sensor errors -1800002 which seems to have fixed on first flight after the firmware update. Hopefully that resolve it but it may pop up again, hopefully not. Not sure what is causing that. Anyone else have the same issue with there MA2s? Just upgraded from the MA2 and never had these issue with it.

try to calibrate the sensors with the PC . DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drones Series)
2021-12-11
Use props
Qbling
lvl.1
Australia

Alecs.Suciu Posted at 12-11 11:46
try https://service-adhoc.dji.com/download/app/android/3b03cb95-bc4b-4b62-b4ab-9cf977d77309

now work !!

Thanks for your help. I installed that, but didn't make a difference.
I had 'refreshed' firmware on all 3 batteries as originally hadn't and one failed throughout.

Trying to do calibration, but having a lot of trouble getting the calibration to start. Almost completed it once, then USB lost connection. Now can't get it to start again.

Is there a way to downgrade to previous firmware? I don't have the firmware in DJI assistant because it was first time using assistant, so doesn't have previous versions.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ
lvl.1

Panama

Hi, I just updated. Now when I start the drone, the camera freezes. I tried everthing, re-install dji-fly 1.5.4., Update battery, nothing works. I can shot Fotos and Video while on the ground, but when I start, the camera freezes. The drone Flys normaly, but I can´t do anything.
2021-12-11
Use props
Qbling
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ Posted at 12-11 15:03
Hi, I just updated. Now when I start the drone, the camera freezes. I tried everthing, re-install dji-fly 1.5.4., Update battery, nothing works. I can shot Fotos and Video while on the ground, but when I start, the camera freezes. The drone Flys normaly, but I can´t do anything.

Hey mate, yeah I'm currently working on same problem. Fella above gave some suggestions, but to no avale yet. Trying to get calibration done, but I complete the whole thing only to get a screen size problem.

Just so you know, once you take off, close the app and reopen it again, and it will work, but obviously this is a pain in the ass. Think I'm going to contact support on Monday.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ
lvl.1

Panama

Qbling Posted at 12-11 15:24
Hey mate, yeah I'm currently working on same problem. Fella above gave some suggestions, but to no avale yet. Trying to get calibration done, but I complete the whole thing only to get a screen size problem.

Just so you know, once you take off, close the app and reopen it again, and it will work, but obviously this is a pain in the ass. Think I'm going to contact support on Monday.

Hi there,

that really worked!! What a pain in the a**. Do you think it is a problem with the app? Maybe a downgrade of the app helps. It´s getting dark here, I will try tomorrow. Greeting from Panama.
2021-12-11
Use props
Qbling
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ Posted at 12-11 16:04
Hi there,

that really worked!! What a pain in the a**. Do you think it is a problem with the app? Maybe a downgrade of the app helps. It´s getting dark here, I will try tomorrow. Greeting from Panama.

I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Fella above, gave me a link that installed the app again (not sure if it was something slightly different). I couldn't see where to downgrade to previous version.

Just started my Sunday here in Aussie land.
2021-12-11
Use props
djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ
lvl.1

Panama

Qbling Posted at 12-11 16:27
I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling app. Fella above, gave me a link that installed the app again (not sure if it was something slightly different). I couldn't see where to downgrade to previous version.

You can find them e.g. on apkmirror (can´t post the link).

I will try that tomorrow (Sunday).
2021-12-11
Use props
Qbling
lvl.1
Australia

djiuser_9GtwcXOiIqJZ Posted at 12-11 16:51
You can find them e.g. on apkmirror (can´t post the link).

I will try that tomorrow (Sunday).

Hey mate, it's the app. Uninstalled then reinstalled 1.5.1 (November version accidentally), but it worked normal again. Tried uninstalling and reinstalling the most recent from DJI website (1.5.4). Same problem, so went back to 1.5.1 (but December version this time). All working again.  

Obviously just have to wait for another version to fix that problem. Surprised there aren't more people reporting it.
2021-12-11
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Romania

Qbling Posted at 12-11 13:54
Thanks for your help. I installed that, but didn't make a difference.
I had 'refreshed' firmware on all 3 batteries as originally hadn't and one failed throughout.

try https://dl.djicdn.com/downloads/ ... 124/DJI+Assistant+2(Consumer+Drones+Series)+2.1.8.exe
2021-12-12
Use props
Alecs.Suciu
lvl.2
Romania

Qbling Posted at 12-11 16:27

https://www.apkmirror.com/wp-con ... load.php?id=2935962
2021-12-12
Use props
Boothash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152867 ft
Canada

"Fixed some bugs"  is basically no information.  One small notch above "updated some things". Do better with release notes, it's not hard.
2021-12-16
Use props
Boothash
lvl.1
Flight distance : 152867 ft
Canada

"Fixed some bugs"  is basically no information.  One small notch above "updated some things". Do better with release notes, it's not hard.
2021-12-16
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

Boothash Posted at 12-16 13:54
"Fixed some bugs"  is basically no information.  One small notch above "updated some things". Do better with release notes, it's not hard.

It's probably something super important or proprietary.
2021-12-20
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing.
2021-12-21
Use props
fanse1451d08
New

Turkey

Is there any place to download this firmware update to my computer? then to SD card? then to Air 2s? because when i try to update from my computer the connection is lost every 5-10 secs and reconnecting until it is gone forever. therefore the AC is not working, i cannot even connect it with RC. Tried all the instructions. even in the pair mode the RC cannot connect to the AC.
I bought it as a present outside of my country and in my country they are not fixing the issue as i didn't bought it from them. So i don't want to fly back to the country i bought it. is there any idea how to fix this issue?
2022-3-14
Use props
Goldenfly
lvl.4
Flight distance : 10109446 ft
Italy

...Dji assistant
2022-3-14
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

fanse1451d08 Posted at 3-14 04:02
Is there any place to download this firmware update to my computer? then to SD card? then to Air 2s? because when i try to update from my computer the connection is lost every 5-10 secs and reconnecting until it is gone forever. therefore the AC is not working, i cannot even connect it with RC. Tried all the instructions. even in the pair mode the RC cannot connect to the AC.
I bought it as a present outside of my country and in my country they are not fixing the issue as i didn't bought it from them. So i don't want to fly back to the country i bought it. is there any idea how to fix this issue?

Connect the A2S directly to your computer and install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and update it from there.

BTW you will find once the software loads and your drone is connected, a newer firmware version is available.
2022-3-14
Use props
umitcanan
New

Turkey

dr6583 Posted at 3-14 09:30
Connect the A2S directly to your computer and install the DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series) and update it from there.

BTW you will find once the software loads and your drone is connected, a newer firmware version is available.

Yes that is the first thing that i tried but as i explained on my message when i try to connect the AC to the computer the connection is lost every 5-10 secs then reconnects automatically. therefore anytime i tried the upgrade is failed. The DJI software is downloading the new firmware but couldn't update or upgrade the AC although it is connected with the original cable from the box. I am using W10 and everything is up to date..
2022-3-15
Use props
dr6583
lvl.4
United States

umitcanan Posted at 3-15 00:03
Yes that is the first thing that i tried but as i explained on my message when i try to connect the AC to the computer the connection is lost every 5-10 secs then reconnects automatically. therefore anytime i tried the upgrade is failed. The DJI software is downloading the new firmware but couldn't update or upgrade the AC although it is connected with the original cable from the box. I am using W10 and everything is up to date..

Sounds symptomatic of a faulty cable.  Do you have another cable you can try?
2022-3-15
Use props
AntDX316
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3394731 ft
  • >>>
United States

When a new firmware post comes out, please delete the old ones like this so it's less cluttered.
2022-3-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules