764 8 2021-12-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans8a98d991
lvl.3
Flight distance : 67392 ft
France

Hi guys,

Can we expect to have in the future the 5.4k resolution with a firmware update ?

I have canceled my order (even if I have my brand new PGYTECH hard case lol)

For me it's a shame to have a controller without a second wheel and more button for customizing the settings.

Like many others I don't see so much differences between the Mavic 3 and the Air 2s except the price...

I wish DJI make a recall and exhange with a new controller for this drone .

I feel like it's a Alpha drone with beta firmware....

Sorry guys but I think it's better to wait and see what's happens in January

2021-12-1
Use props
christangey
Second Officer
  • >>>
Australia

can you tilt up and down at least with the basic controller? and adjust speed?
2021-12-1
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

christangey Posted at 12-1 03:42
can you tilt up and down at least with the basic controller? and adjust speed?

You can tilt up down adjust speed and zoom.
2021-12-1
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-1
Use props
Mikaproductions
lvl.3
France

NGC Posted at 12-1 07:22
One correction: It's a prototype drone with alpha firmware. The beta firmware for the prototype will be released on Jan 22, likely with a few more bugs.

yes you 're right ;-)
2021-12-1
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

If you can't tell the difference between the Air 2s and the Mavic 3, then the Mavic 3 isn't the right product for you. You can buy the RC Pro controller if you want more features. There is nothing else wrong with the drone except for the missing consumer--oriented features
2021-12-1
Use props
Mikaproductions
lvl.3
France

KerryG Posted at 12-1 11:00
If you can't tell the difference between the Air 2s and the Mavic 3, then the Mavic 3 isn't the right product for you. You can buy the RC Pro controller if you want more features. There is nothing else wrong with the drone except for the missing consumer--oriented features

Hi Kerry, there is some differences specially in low light conditions and in other situations.

But when you said " there is nothing wrong with the drone, I don't agree with you:

The cine mode is too fast, purple light in some pictures and videos, only 400-800 iso in D-log, the SD card placement is a mess, missing features, etc... Ok some will be implanted with the next firmware..

Anyway, about the controller sorry we are talking about a "professional drone."

You can't sell a $3000 drone ( fly more combo ) with the same controller than a $600 drone. ( Mini 2 fly more combo)

We need a controller with a second wheel and more buttons. About the RC Pro controller, I am a IOS user and I don't really like the DJI Fly instability on Android...but that's my tought :-)

For me DJI had released an incomplete product, and I really resented it.

I think than a lot people will agree with me …
2021-12-1
Use props
Niknik
First Officer
Flight distance : 1595640 ft
  • >>>
Greece

It is better to wait a couple of months and get perfect or almost perfect features than to have them from the beginning full of bugs and cause problems or crashes.
Most of the missing features will work with full 360 degrees obstacle avoidance which is new.  
DJI somehow is protecting us, and if we crash the drone using half-made features then We will blame DJI. Either way, We blame DJI.
So a little patience and the best drone will be ready after two or three firmware updates.

Ok except the autonomous features there are missing more colour settings - WAYPOINTS and many more but those settings too will be alive probably until summer.

5.4K at 30 and 5.1K at 50 which one is better?

2021-12-1
Use props
djiuser_MmmtHkFaa90r
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3395469 ft
United States

KerryG Posted at 12-1 11:00

The M3 bashing is really getting out of hand.And watch what happens in Jan.2022 when the firmware
updates are done maybe all will be forgotten.
Oh wait there will still be something missing even then,a feature that will probably never be used by
anyone,then the whining can start again.
2021-12-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules