Will DJI release an hotfix before january ?
534 17 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Oulala
lvl.3
France

Regarding all the problems we are facing up with the M3 and M3C i'm wondering if in DJI's plans there will be an hotfix before january to fix the drone connecting issues etc.. And more of that if after the release of the update in january it doesn't solve the differents problems they will proceed to an exchange with NEW units and by that i mean not exchanged with a unit of somebody else that has some issues too

So DJI what do you answer to that ?
2021-12-2
Use props
KerryG
Second Officer
Flight distance : 11736709 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI is not going to answer this. The people who manage the forums do not have pre-release information.
2021-12-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

If they want to stop the massive returns and keep damaging the brand name they should do something quickly if they have something in their hands.
2021-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

Its rubbish to think a company as large as DJI would wrap up a customers return and just ship to someone else, leaving their whole business reputation on the line. This is a billion dollar company depending heavily on customers it makes no sense to save a few thousand dollars with such under handed practices and if you think they could keep that a secret even in china then you’re not thinking straight.

I think if there are emergency problems we would see an update but other than that its a waiting game.
2021-12-2
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-2 08:33
If they want to stop the massive returns and keep damaging the brand name they should do something quickly if they have something in their hands.

I think I’d prefer to get an update that has been properly tested rather than a quick fix to get over the hill. I knew when I bought FW would come in January so I’m ok to wait I don’t have any real problems .
2021-12-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-2 08:33
‘Massive Returns?’ Based on what evidence? Forums are generally a place where rants are aired and frustrations are vented.

I for one are perfectly happy with the M3. The missing ‘features’ will be along in January and as a result the warranty will start in February.

Don’t get me wrong I checked my M3 over when it arrived and it was in good health. I did have a small glitch. Connecting to my Mac to access the SSD but have no problems now. Other than that it’s performing well.

Advanced return to home works well, gave it a good test from behind buildings and it did as described in the manual not that I use it regularly but it’s important to know how this stuff works.

Sure there is bound to be early life failures and at the price I would be a bit miffed if it was me, ultimately it’s how issues are resolved that counts.

Returned units will find there way into the replacement stream to supply DJI refresh, once they have been checked and required repairs carried out.
2021-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

They would surely implement a fix but hopefully not a rushed one as that could cause more harm than good. I am happy to wait for a proper fix to address all the small issues the drone has. So far it all seems that a good software update can fix it and nothing points to hardware failures.
2021-12-2
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

unless there is a safety issue, i don't see an emergency software update being released.

i also think it is absolutely ridiculous to insinuate that dji will re-wrap a defective return and ship it out to another unsuspecting customers.  if this is the concern, let's record the serial numbers and prove it; otherwise, it's a stupid assertion.
2021-12-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Buzzyone Posted at 12-2 09:27
‘Massive Returns?’ Based on what evidence? Forums are generally a place where rants are aired and frustrations are vented.

I for one are perfectly happy with the M3. The missing ‘features’ will be along in January and as a result the warranty will start in February.

I have a friend that works in a local BestBuy. They already sold about 20 M3. They already have 4 returns.
5 out of 20 a really bad.

I know many people just buy by impulse and return. But anyway 5 out of 20 is bad. He says they are thinking of keeping less of them and making only online orders for that store. Not sure how that works but is not the same case of the other drones.

I hope with the new firmware they fix everything. I am not having any problem other than the drone sometimes is not able to see small branches but is something expected. DJI should give the option to disable advanced RTH to keep high electric wire towers out of the way if you have one close.

That is my only concern. About the issues people had with the cine version... well I hope with the firmware they can fix that. I am keeping mine and I am happy with it.
2021-12-2
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-2
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Sadly because is a great drone.
2021-12-2
Use props
Oulala
lvl.3
France

Well nice for you guys if your not encountering any problem with your unit but it's not the case of everybody. I'm just talking about the fact that for example i can't export my footages properly with my pc  or the thing that i get intempestives messages about the low speed recording SSD. I'm not asking for the missing features to be implemented sooner, i'm just asking to DJI to do a damn update to increase the stability of the M3C and make it at least more usable because now it's really just a pain
2021-12-2
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

DJI will have to balance risk versus reward of an update before previously published timeframes.  They have most certainly had a larger than expected return rate based upon commentary on this and other drone community forums, but they have also the benefit of seeing flight telemetry.  They are certainly aware that a number of us have purchased one or more Mavic 3's and have then benched awaiting updates to resolve certain issues.  This lack of use should concern them.  Yes, they certainly got the money for the purchase, but they know if they don't ultimately release a working product that we won't be back for the next round.  
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Oulala. Good day and thank you for reaching out. As of the moment, we do not have any information with DJI's future updates and with regard to this matter. Kindly please stay tuned to the latest updates by subscribing to DJI official website at www.dji.com or following us on social media ( Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/DJI , Twitter: https://twitter.com/djiglobal , YouTube: https://www.youtube.com/user/djiinnovations ). Thank you.
2021-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

In the meanwhile I am flying my "old" Mavic 2 Pro and having a great time. I will never sell it, instead passing it to my step children who can proudly display it in years to come as the last great consumer drone ever made...successfully ;-)
2021-12-2
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

GaryDoug Posted at 12-2 21:37
In the meanwhile I am flying my "old" Mavic 2 Pro and having a great time. I will never sell it, instead passing it to my step children who can proudly display it in years to come as the last great consumer drone ever made...successfully ;-)

You are probably on to something Gary.  
2021-12-3
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 5902228 ft
  • >>>
United States

the problem with the software update is that it won't entirely fix the problem.  sw updates are not forced and therefore you can expect most consumers to forgo the update.  it's not an option for dji and it's a difficult option for best buy to address a customer return by asking them to try a sw update first.  usually by then the customers is too close to returning, up against time or money, etc and won't be entirely convinced new software will convert a return to a keep; so they want to back out.  if a customer has come back to the store and asks for a refund, the sales associate can't exactly say, oh please update the software.  therefore, the inventory of the big boxes must be sent back and reworked.  if bby has thousands of units on launch software and they are experiencing a 25% return, they can't sustain and new software is not expected to lower that return rate after an update that may or may not happen.  if i had best buy muscle, i would have dji replace my thousands in inventory with new stock already on v2....before this goes any further.  i would not continue to sell 4 units and get 1 back all thru the month of december and january, that's no way to do business.
2021-12-3
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now