669 15 2021-12-2
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Captgeo
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1195472 ft
  • >>>
United States

So I had a "fly-away" this morning.  Weather was clear morning with less than 5 knot wind.  Wanted to catch the sunrise but was plenty of daylight.  Waited for "updated home point" then took off.  raised it up and noticed the gimbal was slightly off and not level with horizon.   All of a sudden the drone just took off forward and backwards at high speed.  I was able to counter the movement finally and brought it under control.  Did some testing while it was still up and felt comfortable flying around again.  The flight logs show movement but no stick input for a few seconds.  I also got a high wind alert but wind speed was as stated.  I included link to flight log if anyone has a chance to look at them.  Coincidently, I got a firmware alert right after I landed.
EDIT: Just to clarify, the firmware update was not the one that came out right after launch.  I did that before I flew for the first time.  This was an all new update.  Might have been the Fly app update but the aircraft reset and the message was "Aircraft firmware updated"

https://www.phantomhelp.com/logviewer/995963DU4LYY4SXLQIMD/

2021-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

Amazing data in your log!

After takeoff and some climbing your M3 accelerates and fly away....
Distance from 1 meter to 45 meter, BUT without your input on the RC controls your M3 returned back, see the distance line in my chart.
Well, that is if the LatLon data is correct.

You had even time to take 2 pictures in the fly-way  ;-)

Need a better look, but i think with only 9 satellites, the signals not good enough to keep in stable in position.
Compass data looks oke to me.

cheers
JJB
analysis1.png
2021-12-2
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-2 09:29
Hi,

Amazing data in your log!

I was taking pictures in the AEB setting, I think that may be why the shots were taking during flyaway.
2021-12-2
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I read some where on here about issues with the drone when a guy was taking pictures in AEB as well similar to your problems. Hopefully Dji addresses this issue. I have stayed away from that setting since I read it.
2021-12-2
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Captgeo Posted at 12-2 09:31
I was taking pictures in the AEB setting, I think that may be why the shots were taking during flyaway.

Hi,

It is a serious error, the horizotal speed alomg the x and y axis zero, while M3 is speeding away!
First picture taken when already moving away.

If selecting the AEB is the reason for this....nah, do not believe that. But if, i would return my drone for this.

cheers
JJB
analysis2.png
2021-12-2
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Have you had any additional occurrences since updating firmware?
2021-12-2
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-2
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-2 11:16
Did you hear this sound while it was flying away?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MK6TXMsvgQg

LOL, now that you mention it yea!    My heart jumped for real though.
2021-12-2
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Harkco Posted at 12-2 11:07
Have you had any additional occurrences since updating firmware?

Just got back from flying.  New battery instead of the same one.  I shot everything in  AEB mode again.  Did not have any issues this time.  You can bet I was a little nervous and was ready for anything.
2021-12-2
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

Captgeo Posted at 12-2 12:16
Just got back from flying.  New battery instead of the same one.  I shot everything in  AEB mode again.  Did not have any issues this time.  You can bet I was a little nervous and was ready for anything.

I had a similar issue while vacationing in Florida over Thanksgiving week.  Flew it all week with no issues in the air.  Last day it developed a mind of its own and was drifting with no input from controller.  At the time it was about 600 ft over the ocean and I about had a small aneurysm.  About 30 seconds later it was back to normal.  There was very little wind.  
2021-12-2
Use props
Lucas775
First Officer
Flight distance : 50642090 ft
  • >>>
United States

Captgeo Posted at 12-2 12:16
Just got back from flying.  New battery instead of the same one.  I shot everything in  AEB mode again.  Did not have any issues this time.  You can bet I was a little nervous and was ready for anything.

How many satellites did you have this time before take off?
2021-12-2
Use props
Captgeo
lvl.1
  • >>>
United States

Lucas775 Posted at 12-2 16:08
How many satellites did you have this time before take off?

12 at take off this time.
2021-12-2
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Captgeo. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate event happened to your DJI Drone, I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance with regards to this matter. We will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry and thank you.
2021-12-2
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

OK then. I am not flying the M3 until after the update. In the meanwhile I will use my very capable (and now unexplainably obsolete) Mavic 2 Pro. I am hanging on to this one; it may become in huge demand soon ;-)
2021-12-2
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I thought the M3 had fly away cover as standard from DJI as one as you'd bound the craft in the fly app.
2021-12-3
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DAFlys Posted at 12-3 00:30
I thought the M3 had fly away cover as standard from DJI as one as you'd bound the craft in the fly app.

It does as part of the warranty, you just need to bind the controller to the drone in the Fly App. Not to confused with linking which is different.

You would still be droneless while the investigation is ongoing.
2021-12-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules