520 19 2021-12-4
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Now that my replacement Mavic 3 Cine has arrived, I can play again.
I wanted to see how the SD card record speed is, try DR17 and use a (modified) SRT file for subtitles.
As one can see, at this point there is no smooth switch between the two lenses/sensors. But otherwise works as expected.

2021-12-4
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

Can't see that there will be any smooth transition when zooming from two different cameras.
2021-12-4
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-4 17:45
Can't see that there will be any smooth transition when zooming from two different cameras.

Please allow me to explain what was expected.
You start with wide angle, and do digital zoom till you approach exactly the effective field of view of the telephoto lens. Then you transition to the telephoto lens and continue with its own digital zoom. There should be no sudden jerk in the FoV.
2021-12-4
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

DarthSLR Posted at 12-4 18:52
You start with wide angle, and do digital zoom till you approach exactly the effective field of view of the telephoto lens. Then you transition to the telephoto lens and continue with its own digital zoom. There should be no sudden jerk in the FoV.

I think Visual Air is spot on, you cannot expect a seamless transition between two separate cameras.
2021-12-4
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

No location data in the subtitles?
2021-12-5
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

With a seamless transition DJI would have to make sure the two camera axes were totally parallel, which at these long focal lengths could be a taller ask than they might be up for. Just a thought. To my mind smoothing it out is a bit pointless as the 6.99x on the main camera is always going to look janky as hell, them it'll suddenly snap to 7.00x and become decent again. Hmm, seamless? Not so much.

I'd prefer them to concentrate dev hours on the stuff that really matters.

Great to see you getting good quality and connection, Darth
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

That zoom lens is impressive.
Already. (and if they would give it a bit more attention, it could be even better)
Nice to see!
2021-12-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-4 18:52

I agree with you however realistically near impossible to do with two separate cameras.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-5 01:15
No location data in the subtitles?

Removed during the same process that added copyright. Done manually in text editor as a test, but I'm thinking of writing a script that would allow me to handle it more efficiently.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-5 03:13
With a seamless transition DJI would have to make sure the two camera axes were totally parallel, which at these long focal lengths could be a taller ask than they might be up for. Just a thought. To my mind smoothing it out is a bit pointless as the 6.99x on the main camera is always going to look janky as hell, them it'll suddenly snap to 7.00x and become decent again. Hmm, seamless? Not so much.

I'd prefer them to concentrate dev hours on the stuff that really matters.

Thank you for caring!
In these conditions the parallax between two different tiny camera is essentially nothing. So, x6.99 from the bottom camera and x7.0 from the top one should be nearly identical, not a huge leap.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 04:15
That zoom lens is impressive.
Already. (and if they would give it a bit more attention, it could be even better)
Nice to see!

I do hope they will. Add full manual control and raw capability, and it's going to be awesome.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 08:35
I do hope they will. Add full manual control and raw capability, and it's going to be awesome.

Exactly that.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 08:35

Although my standard response to privacy complainers is no longer valid now.
(I don't see anything from above with this wide angled lens )
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 08:44
Although my standard response to privacy complainers is no longer valid now.
(I don't see anything from above with this wide angled lens  )

Lol, indeed, time flies. I was seriously blown away by the level of control the WA lens provides. Nothing short of my DSLR, bar the capability to shoot RAW only and use both storage types simultaneously, as in "continue on next one" and "write on both". Well, if we're really nitpicking, an RGB histogram.
Other than that, it's already better than many point-and -shoots - AND IT FREAKING FLIES!!!
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 09:44
Lol, indeed, time flies. I was seriously blown away by the level of control the WA lens provides. Nothing short of my DSLR, bar the capability to shoot RAW only and use both storage types simultaneously, as in "continue on next one" and "write on both". Well, if we're really nitpicking, an RGB histogram.
Other than that, it's already better than many point-and -shoots - AND IT FREAKING FLIES!!!

Exactly.
Much better.
I really hope they will release a 'big pocket' version with this camera system.
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 09:54
Exactly.
Much better.
I really hope they will release a 'big pocket' version with this camera system.

I'm not sure what do you mean by "big pocket" version.. Like Mini? Smaller craft, better camera?
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 10:09
I'm not sure what do you mean by "big pocket" version.. Like Mini? Smaller craft, better camera?

Sorry, I ment a bigger version of the Pocket 2 that I now have with the same camera / gimbal system as the M3
2021-12-5
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-5 11:20
Sorry, I ment a bigger version of the Pocket 2 that I now have with the same camera / gimbal system as the M3

Ah, I see. Well, wouldn't it be nice if they somehow figured out how to make the camera a detachable unit, so you could switch them between hand-held device and the drone? Imagine the possibilities... Cameras with different lenses, different sensors/types (IR, etc.), which you can then mount as needed...
2021-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 08:28
Removed during the same process that added copyright. Done manually in text editor as a test, but I'm thinking of writing a script that would allow me to handle it more efficiently.

Ah. I thought that was the new Mavic 3 format.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
  • >>>
Netherlands

DarthSLR Posted at 12-5 11:32
Ah, I see. Well, wouldn't it be nice if they somehow figured out how to make the camera a detachable unit, so you could switch them between hand-held device and the drone? Imagine the possibilities... Cameras with different lenses, different sensors/types (IR, etc.), which you can then mount as needed...

That would be a killer combo.
I do remember one drone that did this (unfortunately it was not a success, due to tech issues)
2021-12-5
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules