Mini 2 fly away after signal loss
2264 12 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_tOAXoz4YjMY8
lvl.1
Flight distance : 2489183 ft
United Kingdom

Hi everyone I'm just looking some advice. I took my mini 2 out for a flight I hadn't used it for a few weeks so I needed to update the after all that was done I took off and got about 2000 ft away at approximately 150 ft in altitude and instantly went from full bars on the signal to nothing at all just completely disconnected from the drone. I pressed the rth button but it sounded different it wasn't the normal RTH sound and the drone has never come back.The weather was perfect 8mph wind  I wasn't even recording at the time. I don't have care refresh. Does anybody know if DJI replace drones in situations like this. From reading posts on the forum I see users asking to post flight logs I done have a pc I just use the fly app for editing small videos I'm just a casual user but I could borrow a laptop from a friend if I need to are the flight logs stored on the fly app. Thanks for any advice in advance
2021-12-5
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

Hello
You don't need to use a laptop.
Flight log is on the same device as the Fly app.
Go to: https://www.phantomhelp.com/LogViewer/Upload/
Read instructions to upload the data to that site and it will give a report link.
You can post a link to the report here.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_tOAXoz4YjMY8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi there thanks for the reply. I'm having trouble finding the files when just using my phone I can try to borrow a laptop to retrieve them.  I used the fly app to see where the drone had went.And by the looks off it. It cut out completely initiated rth and hit a building. I retrieved the drone the gimble is hanging by a wire the front 2 arms are broke plus various bits of the plastic trim missing it seems totaled. Do you know if DJI replace drones if it's a software issue like this just cutting out and not reconnecting I have been having lots off disconnection issues with the last lot off fly app updates but it always came back on a few seconds later. Would anybody have any idea off the price of a repair or would I be better buying another one? Edit
I always have my return home at 400 ft that should clear any buildings near me however since I had to update the app and the flyspace  before i take off could this have been reset?
2021-12-5
Use props
Pleomax
lvl.4
Flight distance : 835725 ft
United Kingdom

djiuser_tOAXoz4YjMY8 Posted at 12-5 12:03
Hi there thanks for the reply. I'm having trouble finding the files when just using my phone I can try to borrow a laptop to retrieve them.  I used the fly app to see where the drone had went.And by the looks off it. It cut out completely initiated rth and hit a building. I retrieved the drone the gimble is hanging by a wire the front 2 arms are broke plus various bits of the plastic trim missing it seems totaled. Do you know if DJI replace drones if it's a software issue like this just cutting out and not reconnecting I have been having lots off disconnection issues with the last lot off fly app updates but it always came back on a few seconds later. Would anybody have any idea off the price of a repair or would I be better buying another one? Edit
I always have my return home at 400 ft that should clear any buildings near me however since I had to update the app and the flyspace  before i take off could this have been reset?

Follow the instructions in #2, it will tell you how to retrieve logs from your phone.
From what you're saying AC did what it was supposed to do on loss of signal and started RTH.
Unfortunately if you didn't check RTH height after update this could be the cause but your flight log is needed to determine what happened.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_tOAXoz4YjMY8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

I tried using the browse link but it would only allow access to a few apps (gallery's and downloads I couldn't find the fly app as instructed). But Yes I think you are correct .I will contact DJI tomorrow when there open and see if they can help in anyway. I totally understand the drone doing it's rth when losing connection however I don't understand the instant signal loss and cutting out and not coming back. It had  been happening quite frequently with the last few updates to the fly app however it would always return a few seconds later.Thank you for your reply.
2021-12-5
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12225059 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

You do need any app, just the file explorer om your mob device to transfer to a pc (well, this is how i do it) and from there to phantomhelp.

cheers
JJB
2021-12-5
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

They may be nice and replace for you but they might request a flight log synced to their server and investigation first. It is easy to in the fly app. They will teach you how. But it just sounds like you forgot to change back RTH height or action on signal loss in the app to your preferred setting. DJI does warning people about his during the update so everyone should know this. They may refuse to replace on that ground. Provided you had enough charge in the battery to RTH, you might wanna recall if there are any objects over 150ft when compared to your takeoff point.

It could be your mini 2 did RTH but just hit a building or your mini did hover and wait and eventually landed on low battery. What you should have done is get closer asap and see if you can pick up the signal. If you do you can pilot it back or at least use find my drone function to pin point it. I assumed you did not try to get closer which is a big mistake after not checking the app setting after update. Hope you get some leniency from DJI and learn to be more careful in the future. I hope you did not hurt someone or something with an uncontrolled drone. Also it is a good moment to realise, ocusync 2.0 is still using wifi frequency band and if you are in an area with interference from all channels like in a dense office zone your will have interefence and signal drops regardless.
2021-12-5
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI Mini 2. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2021-12-5
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

It cannot hurt to follow the moderator's advice and start a case. The service people will tell you how to give them the data they need. They just might be able to discover a fault in the drone that is not your fault.
2021-12-5
Use props
djiuser_tOAXoz4YjMY8
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello thank you everyone for replying and giving information to me I will contact DJI and hopefully they can help. Thanks again
2021-12-6
Use props
djiuser_UXV1aXc5zgHG
New

United States

They just gave me the runaround on a brand new drone. It lost connection flew to 400 ft and killed the motors. I watched it plummet to the ground. I synced the flight data, they said they never got it, my phone has since been replaced.
2021-12-6
Use props
OldemarSL
New

Costa Rica

They said it is because the Updating of the App
2021-12-6
Use props
Spudster17
lvl.2
Flight distance : 199810 ft
United States

Well, if you lost signal they pressing the RTH button will do nothing because you don't have a signal. After about 11 seconds of no signal it will perform the RTH setting that you have it set for. .
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules