Air2S howto - video with waypoints
1291 4 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
edwar64896
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282979 ft
Australia

I have what seems to be a simple requirement for shooting video with the Air2S (or Mavic 3 when the firmware comes out....)

I want to be able to do this:

1. Set one or more waypoints into the Air2s2. Fly the drone along the waypoints collecting a video recording as I go.

I want to start at the first waypoint, interpolate drone and gimbal movement across all the waypoints and stop at the last waypoint.

This will assist me in achieving repeatable flights in complex navigational or shot situations.

I am pretty sure this can be done with hyperlapse, but I want to do it simply with video.

Is this possible?
2021-12-5
Use props
sduck
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4315098 ft
United States

Not possible currently. If and when Litchi starts supporting the air 2S, you can use waypoints with it. Otherwise, all we can do is bug DJI to add this functionality, which many of us have requested over and over for a LONG TIME DJI - can we please get this? Please?
2021-12-5
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13425892 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I don't think Dji is ever going to implement waypoints in the Fly app although they released a drone that was meant for professionals and tied it to the fly app. They will most probably release the SDK so then third party vendors can write the waypoints into their apps but this might take more than a year as Dji is not in a hurry to do anything to please their customers at the moment.
2021-12-5
Use props
edwar64896
lvl.1
Flight distance : 282979 ft
Australia

sduck Posted at 12-5 20:31
Not possible currently. If and when Litchi starts supporting the air 2S, you can use waypoints with it. Otherwise, all we can do is bug DJI to add this functionality, which many of us have requested over and over for a LONG TIME DJI - can we please get this? Please?

Thx for the response.

I second this request - seriously, it's already in there for hyperlapse, how hard can it be?
2021-12-5
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

edwar64896 Posted at 12-5 22:41
Thx for the response.

I second this request - seriously, it's already in there for hyperlapse, how hard can it be?

The SDK for Android is due to be released 31 Dec this year for the Air2S,  then Litchi should be able to support waypoints on the Air2S.   Its incredible that a feature we got with the Mavic 2 pro is not coming to any of the new drones.
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules