120fps White Balance Shift and Artifacts?
540 4 2021-12-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

Greetings,

I have done a couple quick 120fps tests and have noticed that the white balance seems off, specifically the tint looks much more green than my footage shot at 30fps. In my most recent test, flying over the roof of a cabin on my property, the roof had a bunch of green artifacting popping in and out.

Has anyone else seen this in their experience? The artifacting was concerning, and I was having trouble white balance matching to other footage, but otherwise it looks good. For reference I was also shooting in DLOG with the DJI ND32 filter. I would typically only use this in very specific situations so I'm not wildly concerned but am curious to see if anyone else has seen it.
2021-12-5
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Can you share what you mean?
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I would test without the ND filter,    filters have a habit of adding tint.
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Chest Rockwell. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist you further? Thank you.
2021-12-6
Use props
Chest Rockwell
lvl.3
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-6 01:09
I would test without the ND filter,    filters have a habit of adding tint.

Thanks - this was in the same flight, back to back shots with a noticeable adjustment to the tint.

I'm using manual WB, but I believe I've noticed a bug where the WB changes when switching modes, like switching from Normal to DLOG and back, or switching from photo to video.  So maybe also when switching from regular video to slow motion.  Basically what I mean is after making a switch but not adjusting WB, I'd notice a drastic WB shift that would have been fixed if I'd gone back and reset the WB manually (or hit auto twice to reset it and then turn back to manual).  So it may be related to that.

Regarding the noise, it could be moire distortion artifacts and I'll have to look at the video again to see if it was too under-exposed and maybe bringing up the shadows caused issues.

I'm leaving for vacation tomorrow, I'll try to post a quick clip before if possible.
2021-12-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules