484 8 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
Flight distance : 5076896 ft
  • >>>
United States

I went to an abandoned golf course to fly.   I was told by someone working security that I couldn't fly there.   Way I understand it, they can stop me from trespassing on their property, but they can NOT stop me from flying over there property.    All I need to do is take off and land from off their property and then I have EVERY RIGHT to fly there.   True or false?   This is in the USA where I understand,  only the FAA controls airspace.    I do understand that you cannot be a nuisance, buzzing someone, spying on someone, none of which I was doing.   
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technically you are correct, unless the golf course just happens to be included in a NFZ or included in an area of a TFR.  
2021-12-6
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-6 13:13
Technically you are correct, unless the golf course just happens to be included in a NFZ or included in an area of a TFR.

No it's clearly not.   Thank you for verifying,  I don't bother people when I fly,   but I'm not going to get pushed around either.   
2021-12-6
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

BarnSwallow Posted at 12-6 21:08
No it's clearly not.   Thank you for verifying,  I don't bother people when I fly,   but I'm not going to get pushed around either.

No problem.  
2021-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Never done it myself,  but Ive heard of people that print off some of the rules and keep a copy in the drone bag to present in these situations.
2021-12-7
Use props
BarnSwallow
lvl.4
  • >>>
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-7 06:57
Never done it myself,  but Ive heard of people that print off some of the rules and keep a copy in the drone bag to present in these situations.

Good idea, but it's really up to them to show me the law.   I don't have to prove anything.   I went there specifically to not bother anyone.
2021-12-7
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

BarnSwallow Posted at 12-7 07:41
Good idea, but it's really up to them to show me the law.   I don't have to prove anything.   I went there specifically to not bother anyone.

Agreed,   but I think its a way to avoid some confrontation.
2021-12-7
Use props
michalclarke
lvl.1

United States

Agree with you.
2021-12-7
Use props
Phantasma5
lvl.4
Flight distance : 308228 ft

United States

That’s why I just prefer to fly from my own house and high enough so that nobody sees and gets mad.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules