Restore Factory Settings
13886 8 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

I've decided to sell my Air 2S so I'm trying to restore it to factory settings however I'm not seeing that as an option in the DJI Assistant 2 (see screencap below).  Could someone please help me with how I go about restoring the aircraft to factory settings so that I can sell it?  Also, anything else I need to do before selling it to someone else?  Thanks in advance for your assistance.
DJI Assistant 2.png
2021-12-6
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no option to restore the factory settings on the actual drone, however, we do have an option to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software. In addition, once you sell your unit to a different user, he/she can just install the DJI Fly app on his/her own mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2021-12-9
Use props
Chuck Campfield
lvl.4
Flight distance : 422549 ft
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-9 04:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no option to restore the factory settings on the actual drone, however, we do have an option to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software. In addition, once you sell your unit to a different user, he/she can just install the DJI Fly app on his/her own mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Thank You!
2021-12-10
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

You are always welcome, Chuck. Stay safe always!
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_WXjsYw49sdRZ
New

United Kingdom

DJI Paladin Posted at 2021-12-9 04:27
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. There is no option to restore the factory settings on the actual drone, however, we do have an option to refresh the firmware using the DJI Assistant 2 software. In addition, once you sell your unit to a different user, he/she can just install the DJI Fly app on his/her own mobile device. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hi Sorry for updating an old thread but I have just bought an air 2s from ebay and it is bound to a certain controller which I dont have and I cant unbind it without being logged into the origional users account,  Is there any way around this.  The drone wont take off,
2022-3-26
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator

djiuser_WXjsYw49sdRZ Posted at 3-26 00:13
Hi Sorry for updating an old thread but I have just bought an air 2s from ebay and it is bound to a certain controller which I dont have and I cant unbind it without being logged into the origional users account,  Is there any way around this.  The drone wont take off,

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we do apologize for the trouble. You may try to re-link your own remote controller to your DJI Air 2s for you to use it. Please refer to the tutorial video below for your reference (Start at 2:20). Please keep us posted. Thank you.

2022-3-30
Use props
djiuser_H4ECWTrngVqw
New
Flight distance : 358209 ft
Netherlands

Ik heb ook een vraag als ik ga filmen heb ik soms dat het beeld even stop op mijn scherm is maar 1 a 2 seconden maar dan ben ik mijn zicht even kwijt weet iemand hoe dat kan groeten marcel
2023-2-12
Use props
fans6cdda32d
New
Flight distance : 6027 ft
South Africa

So, again an old thread but similar problem with DJI being bound to another person's email but I don't know this person at all. There must be a way to unbound from that person's email and bind to my own? I bought it secondhand through a reputable shop and I am thus now the legal owner.
2023-5-20
Use props
DJI Tony
Administrator

fans6cdda32d Posted at 5-20 03:23
So, again an old thread but similar problem with DJI being bound to another person's email but I don't know this person at all. There must be a way to unbound from that person's email and bind to my own? I bought it secondhand through a reputable shop and I am thus now the legal owner.

Hi there. We're sorry you're experiencing such concerns. Please kindly note that only the account holder has permission to unbind the drone with the account. This limitation is used to protect the ownership of the product. The new holder can bind the drone with another account once unbound from the previous one. Please try to contact your dealer to confirm with the previous owner to log in to the account and unbind the drone first. Then you can log in to your account to bind it. Please keep us posted. Thank you.
2023-5-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules