2849 6 2021-12-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

I connected RC Pro to my iPhone 12 Pro Max via brand new USB-C-to-Lightning cable, in hope that I would be able to use my phone connection outdoors, but USB button in hotspot and tethering section remains grayed  and switched off.
Is this something for the future, or this never going to work with an iOS device?
97BD591C-4AB5-4220-8577-65AC2FAE4291.jpeg
2021-12-6
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

NGC Posted at 12-6 15:00
Probably another "future" function that wasn't ready for the rushed buggy release of the M3. But in the meantime, you can create a wifi hotspot with your iPhone and have the RC Pro join that.

I tried it, I think, but somehow it didn’t work. Maybe I was insistent enough. Has anybody actually managed to get it to work between iPhone and RCP?
2021-12-6
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Wi-fi hotspot should work. You’re probably just missing a trick on configuring it. I haven’t tried setting up an android “guest” device, but I can’t think of a reason for it not to work.

USB tethering on the other hand is very unlikely to work for an android device. It’s designed to work with a Mac or PC to a tethered device as a “modem”, rather than a link between mobile devices. That’s not to say someone hasn’t hacked their android device to do it, but I suspect it’ll never work for vanilla units.

Good luck with getting Wi-fi sorted. There must be a ton of tutorials about it.
2021-12-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-6 15:43
Wi-fi hotspot should work. You’re probably just missing a trick on configuring it. I haven’t tried setting up an android “guest” device, but I can’t think of a reason for it not to work.

USB tethering on the other hand is very unlikely to work for an android device. It’s designed to work with a Mac or PC to a tethered device as a “modem”, rather than a link between mobile devices. That’s not to say someone hasn’t hacked their android device to do it, but I suspect it’ll never work for vanilla units.

I guess I just wasted a perfectly good $10 on a cable
2021-12-6
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

You don’t need a cable to connect the RCP to your iPhone, in iPhone settings, turn on personal hotspot, by ‘Enable Others to Join’ enable ‘Maximise Compatibility’.

On the RCP if the Wi-Fi settings you will now see you iPhone as a WiFi network, select it and use the password displayed on you iPhone Personal Hotspot settings.
2021-12-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

On your iPhone under Personal hot spot make sure maximise compatibility is turned on,  without that my Smartcontroller wont connect to it.
2021-12-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules