937 22 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4182034 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have the Mavic 3 Cine and nothing happens when plugging the drone into my computer. I've confirmed the footage and photos exist through the Smart Controller but there's no interface once the drone is connected to my computer. What am I missing???
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

What happens if you get the card out of the craft, insert it into a card reader and plug that one in? Does it have a pop-up or opens an app?
BTW, Mac or Windows?
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

I used the internal SSD because transfers would be exponentially faster than any microSD card.

Also, PC.
2021-12-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

There do seem to be issues for some PCs supporting the SSD over USB-C. There have been a few threads about it. IIRC, some have found that USB3 type"A" ports tend to be more likely to work than "C" to "C", but that may have been anecdotal. There were certainly reports of it being fussy about which Type"C" port was used, so maybe try a few different ones on your machine.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I apologize for a possibly very silly question, but did you turn your craft on for the transfer? It would not do it when turned off...
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

The controller is interfacing with my computer, so I'm currently downloading everything from the drone to the controller, then hopefully I can transfer from the controller to the computer.

This is baffling. Wonder if I have a faulty M3Cine?
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-7 08:37
I apologize for a possibly very silly question, but did you turn your craft on for the transfer? It would not do it when turned off...

Not a silly question. If you don't know someone's ability then you have to ask all the silly questions! But yes, drone is turned on.
2021-12-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brerwolfe Posted at 12-7 08:37
The controller is interfacing with my computer, so I'm currently downloading everything from the drone to the controller, then hopefully I can transfer from the controller to the computer.

Some useful info in here...
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253167

Older but relevant
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=254334
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=253521

Hope it helps
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brerwolfe Posted at 12-7 08:37

So your PC "sees" the controller's USB-C, but does not see craft's one, presumably on the same cable.
As a troubleshooting step (and verification of cable/port), did you try launching the correct DJI Assistant 2 and hooking the drone? If DA2 "sees" your drone and can operate it, then your port/cable is fine.
Then maybe some Windows actions need to be reset. Just open Windows Explorer and try to locate the PnP USB drive manually. I must say, depending on a cable, sometimes mine pops up a dialog, and sometimes it does not.
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-7 08:54
So your PC "sees" the controller's USB-C, but does not see craft's one, presumably on the same cable.
As a troubleshooting step (and verification of cable/port), did you try launching the correct DJI Assistant 2 and hooking the drone? If DA2 "sees" your drone and can operate it, then your port/cable is fine.
Then maybe some Windows actions need to be reset. Just open Windows Explorer and try to locate the PnP USB drive manually. I must say, depending on a cable, sometimes mine pops up a dialog, and sometimes it does not.

I've tried several cables and have the same result. I decided to use the cable that came with the aircraft, no difference.

I also tried with a type-A adapter and still no change/interface to the drone.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Brerwolfe Posted at 12-7 09:04
I've tried several cables and have the same result. I decided to use the cable that came with the aircraft, no difference.

I also tried with a type-A adapter and still no change/interface to the drone.

Again, does DA2 see your drone, firmware, logs, etc.?
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DA2 sits on the screen saying to plug in USB cable. I'll try it with the adapter.
2021-12-7
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DA2 sees the controller just fine. After successfully downloading all the photos and video to the controller, I'm unable to locate it when plugged into the computer. I NEVER expected this.. I've owned the Phantom 2, Inspire 1, Mavic Pro, Mavic 2 Pro, DJI FPV and now this. I had so much fun flying the M3Cine but how could they mess this part up so bad? Really confused right now.
2021-12-7
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

Quite honestly, I feel like this is a software bug they need to address. I haven't been able to transfer with the included cables, but unplugged my USB-A (to Win10 PC) to USB-C (my keyboard) and it transferred with that cable just fine.
2021-12-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13438648 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

Make sure your port is usb3 and above for it to read the M3. I plugged mine into a usb 2.0 port and it did not read on my Mac, moved it to 3.2 and it worked fine.
2021-12-7
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

USB driver issue...99.9% of the time. Best to release a custom, signed driver but makes the install more complex. USB ports are always a headache if the USB sees a device but doesn't understand it, loads the wrong driver, etc. Hopefully this issue and transfer speed hick-ups (buffering issue) get solved in updates.
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the things below and tell us?
1. Please tell us your computer model and system.
2. Please tell us which data cable you are using. USB A-C, USB C-C.
3. Please take a photo at the USB Port you plug in.
4. Could you hear the prompt sound indicates that the computer connects to the device repeatedly?
2021-12-8
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-8 01:57
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience. Would you please check the things below and tell us?
1. Please tell us your computer model and system.
2. Please tell us which data cable you are using. USB A-C, USB C-C.

Good morning.

1 - ASUS - ROG 16" WQXGA - Intel Core i9 - 40GB Memory - NVIDIA RTX3060

2 - I've used several cables, including the Mavic 3's type-c to type-c gigabit cable.

3 - I've plugged the cable into both of my type-c ports. I've also tried a type-a adapter and plugged into both of my USB 3 ports.

4 - there is a prompt sound indicating that something has been plugged in but nothing appears in Windows Explorer. Also, nothing appears within Disk Management, which is where I should be able to see any and all memory devices plugged into the computer.
2021-12-8
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

Totally wrong or corrupt driver issues causes loading the wrong driver for the device. Windows is confused and no real way to fix it unless a registry hack. Had the same issue with a Anytone DMR radio. Had to go to another PC and start over unless I wanted to re-write the OS.

Hopefully the chipset that DJI is using can be made to cooperate.
2021-12-8
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

An update-- Just tried this on a colleague's Mac laptop and it popped right up. So hopefully DJI can get the driver sorted for PC so I can use the much faster terabyte SSD over the microSD card.

Also hopeful DJI Wanda comes back to the thread with an update/suggestion.
2021-12-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Brerwolfe Posted at 12-9 14:57
An update-- Just tried this on a colleague's Mac laptop and it popped right up. So hopefully DJI can get the driver sorted for PC so I can use the much faster terabyte SSD over the microSD card.

Also hopeful DJI Wanda comes back to the thread with an update/suggestion.

Good to see the hardware is functional via a Mac at least. I noticed Tylers, with similar issues on a PC has found the new firmware fixed it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php? ... 167&pid=2618841

Hopefully that also helps you.
2021-12-10
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-10 03:01
Good to see the hardware is functional via a Mac at least. I noticed Tylers, with similar issues on a PC has found the new firmware fixed it.
https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=253167&pid=2618841

Thanks for the heads up. I'll give it a shot and report back if I'm still at a loss!
2021-12-10
Use props
Brerwolfe
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

It worked! We're back in business!
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now