Battery Charging First Time?
4246 10 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans043186b7
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1640367 ft
Poland

How long can new batteries hibernate before being charged for the first time?
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. All DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are in Hibernation Mode before shipment to ensure safety. In Hibernation Mode if the said battery level is less than 10%, the battery enters Hibernation Mode to prevent over-discharge, and the battery level indicators do not illuminate. Charge the said DJI battery using the recommended DJI charger to wake it from hibernation. Thank you.
2021-12-7
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

Good question. I would also like to know for how long the new battery can be in hibernation before being charged for the first time. The reply you got was not an answer to your question.
2021-12-7
Use props
fans043186b7
Second Officer
Poland

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 20:15
Hello there. Good day and thank you for reaching out. All DJI Intelligent Flight Batteries are in Hibernation Mode before shipment to ensure safety. In Hibernation Mode if the said battery level is less than 10%, the battery enters Hibernation Mode to prevent over-discharge, and the battery level indicators do not illuminate. Charge the said DJI battery using the recommended DJI charger to wake it from hibernation. Thank you.

Did I understand correctly? Better to activate and charge the battery after buying than to keep it in hibernation mode after buying?
2021-12-8
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

Hi there,
After spending some time searching on the internet today, I think I have found the answer to our question. There were several statements that says the same and I quote one here:

How long can you store a LiPo battery in storage mode?
to 18 months,” said Sarah Petrova, a hardware engineer at Intel.13 Jun 2021.

I just bouht 2 brand new Mavic 2 Pro intelligent batteries that I will not start using until some time next year, when it get easier to travel and film. So this was of great interest for me to  know, as there seams to be the end of obtaining new batteries for the Mavic 2 Pro which i bought only 1 year ago and I wish to carry on flying the drone for many years still to come.

Cheers.

2021-12-9
Use props
fans043186b7
Second Officer
Poland

Thanks for the info kyalami.
I did the same and bought some spare batteries.
2021-12-9
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Sweden

fans043186b7 Posted at 12-9 09:49
Thanks for the info kyalami.
I did the same and bought some spare batteries.

2021-12-9
Use props
djiuser_XLsF6jtZsCxT
New

Canada

Do batteries need to be charged to 100 percent for the first initial charge?
2023-4-22
Use props
djiuser_rplMhX4US0WQ
lvl.1
Flight distance : 365702 ft
United Kingdom

Thanks for the Info!
2023-4-22
Use props
FloridaNext
Second Officer
Flight distance : 62320 ft
Germany

Just did a test with an unused Mavic 2 battery from a fly more combo. The sticker on the fly more combo showed the production date 11/2019 so I assume the battery is at least as old as the combo (>= 41 month).

I hooked it up on the charger and after 2 seconds the two first LEDs started to blink. That means that the battery still had somewhere between 25 and 50% (no-load) power. After about an hour the 4 LEDs stopped blinking and the battery was 100% charged.

After the mandatory battery firmware update I did a short test flight and everything was normal. Cell deviation fluctuating between 0.00 - max. 0.02 volts and the discharge time seemed to be very good.

So an unused (not even an initial charge) Mavic 2 battery in hybernation mode can be stored at least 41 month.
2023-4-23
Use props
ArcticPhoto
Second Officer
Norway

djiuser_XLsF6jtZsCxT Posted at 4-22 13:32
Do batteries need to be charged to 100 percent for the first initial charge?

Yes. Charge it fully, then take it for a flight to discharge it to 15-20%, then charge it to 100% again, fly/discharge it to 15-20% again, and then charge it to around 60% if you are not going to fly anytime soon.
2023-4-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules