3022 21 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Not exactly what I wanted to share when I had a mind of doing a quick lunch-time outing.
As I got to my 390ft "safe" altitude and was setting up the camera for the pano shot, the red "Vision system error" banner came up and didn't want to go away.

After a minute of deliberation, despite the fact that all systems looked fine, I have decided to land.
After landing, I restarted the drone: no errors. Didn't restart RCP.
Went back up, did what I set to do, came back.

First time I had this error since the replacement.
Are you guys getting it?
Is it beta FW issue, or something more serious?

2021-12-7
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

Never seen that so far. Knocking wood.
2021-12-7
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

One of my flights with my M3 I had a similar event where the red band indicating object in the front for obstacle avoidance was on periodically. I was around the 100 meter height with no objects for miles. It was a little chilly that day and I was wondering if at that altitude there was the chance for condensation forming on the front sensors. One would think if that was the case the camera would also be affected.
I think others may have experienced similar.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

ZeuS-FL Posted at 12-7 13:10
Never seen that so far. Knocking wood.

Some people are just lucky. Never had it on any of my previous/existing units either.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Visual Air Posted at 12-7 13:19
One of my flights with my M3 I had a similar event where the red band indicating object in the front for obstacle avoidance was on periodically. I was around the 100 meter height with no objects for miles. It was a little chilly that day and I was wondering if at that altitude there was the chance for condensation forming on the front sensors. One would think if that was the case the camera would also be affected.
I think others may have experienced similar.

I did a google search... Scary. .. I hope this is intermittent/random and no serious issues with cables or chips getting unglued...
2021-12-7
Use props
Harkco
lvl.2
Flight distance : 288658 ft
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-7 14:10
I did a google search... Scary. ..  I hope this is intermittent/random and no serious issues with cables or chips getting unglued...

I have had this issue happen twice since launch.  Once was hovering about 10 ft in the air.  The second time was about 2000ft offshore.  The error message popped up then went away.  Flight was not affected, but it was concerning to see.  I also had an error message once that the RC Pro was not bound to the M3C while in flight.  

To me, these seem more software than hardware in nature simply because in my cases flight was not affected.  But, who knows, my Mavic may crash and burn tomorrow.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Harkco Posted at 12-7 15:03
I have had this issue happen twice since launch.  Once was hovering about 10 ft in the air.  The second time was about 2000ft offshore.  The error message popped up then went away.  Flight was not affected, but it was concerning to see.  I also had an error message once that the RC Pro was not bound to the M3C while in flight.  

To me, these seem more software than hardware in nature simply because in my cases flight was not affected.  But, who knows, my Mavic may crash and burn tomorrow.

Thank you for your reply and sharing!
That's what concerns me. Any unexplained error can be a symptom of some bigger issue. As I have mentioned before, I have NEVER had any of such issues with my M2P, hence I was (and still am) pretty comfortable sending it away for long distances, behind the mountain ridges, etc., knowing it will always behave true, and worst-case scenario, would find its way home.
Thus far, I don't feel that way about M3C.
Yes, it's much better than my original, obviously flawed, unit, but those errors definitely make me nervous.
2021-12-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
Flight distance : 13498560 ft
  • >>>
New Zealand

I would recommend to try and calibrate it with Assistant 2.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-7 19:02

I will probably do just that... The thing is, when you click on the banner, it gets you to aircraft status, and there are no errors in that.
2021-12-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
New Zealand

DarthSLR Posted at 12-7 19:12
I will probably do just that... The thing is, when you click on the banner, it gets you to aircraft status, and there are no errors in that.

That is strange but try to calibrate and see if it fixes it.
2021-12-7
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there DarthSLR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue and to see if the said issue will persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-7 19:02

Actually, the new DA2 does not offer a calibration service, as the old one did for the M2P. So the only way to calibrate compass or IMU is via RCP. Which I did. We'll see.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 12-7 20:19
Hello there DarthSLR. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please try to calibrate your DJI Mavic 3 for us to be able to isolate the said issue and to see if the said issue will persist? Kindly please keep us posted for further assistance. Thank you.

I did IMU calibration via RC Pro. I could not find any other one (except compass, which I don't think is related). We'll see if it helps.
2021-12-7
Use props
Suren
Captain
  • >>>
United States

DarthSLR Posted at 12-7 20:35
Actually, the new DA2 does not offer a calibration service, as the old one did for the M2P. So the only way to calibrate compass or IMU is via RCP. Which I did. We'll see.

It should offer you to do a vision system calibration when the drone is connected to it.
2021-12-7
Use props
EFRPIC
Second Officer

United States

It only shows Firmware update in the Assistant. No sensor ro vision calibration offered....yet.
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Suren Posted at 12-7 21:18
It should offer you to do a vision system calibration when the drone is connected to it.

The old one for M2P did. The new one (consumer series) does not. I'm using the latest 2.1.8 (downloaded last weekend two days ago).
Am I missing something?
2021-12-7
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

EFRPIC Posted at 12-7 21:31
It only shows Firmware update in the Assistant. No sensor ro vision calibration offered....yet.

yup, that is my experience as well.
2021-12-7
Use props
whiteyupnorth
New

United States

I'm having the same problems with my M3h. It won't even let me take off and the front arms are flashing red.  I"m trying an IMU calibration right now but it's been stuck at 95% for a very long time.  Very concerning for a brand new unit.
2022-3-3
Use props
andymallinsphotography
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 2021-12-7 21:34
yup, that is my experience as well.

Did you get this sorted? Had mine 4 days and threw this error today although the drone was fine, decided to land it and restarted it and error went away. I’ve also had an internal storage error that disappeared after a restart.
2022-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

andymallinsphotography Posted at 3-27 07:37
Did you get this sorted? Had mine 4 days and threw this error today although the drone was fine, decided to land it and restarted it and error went away. I’ve also had an internal storage error that disappeared after a restart.

I have never done anything, it never happened again, and there was several FW updates since that time (2021-12-07), so not sure what to tell you.
2022-3-27
Use props
andymallinsphotography
lvl.2
United Kingdom

DarthSLR Posted at 3-27 07:50
I have never done anything, it never happened again, and there was several FW updates since that time (2021-12-07), so not sure what to tell you.

Thanks, hoping it’s just a bug, the software doesn’t appear to be that stable.
2022-3-27
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

andymallinsphotography Posted at 3-27 07:56
Thanks, hoping it’s just a bug, the software doesn’t appear to be that stable.

You think? ;)
The whole thing is a major $5K disaster...  
Any decent major company would have issued a recall, but I doubt this would happen before Yangtze turns blue and starts flowing up...
2022-3-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules