No app for FPV Air Unit/ Vista ?
1111 5 2021-12-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Someoneelse
lvl.1

Spain

I am sure it is on purpose, but i paid already over 1k and why do I not get the privilege to get a video out or just watch recorded footage?
I will never buy a DJ drone, that’s for sure and there are many out there like me, but i bought your googles, your VTX and controller, and we still get no attention…
If you are not doing it on purpose to subtil force people to buy your drones to, than it is just a shame.

There are people already who did your job, and made a reverse engineered app for android, they did it in their spare time for free, you in the other hand have have millions and got hundreds of euros from me already, and still after years nothing… but i need it for iOS otherwise i wouldn‘t wrote here!
2021-12-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Is there a reason you can't use DJI Assistant 2 on a Mac or PC? I'm pretty sure that's how the FPV system was designed to be activated and configured, so it's done via USB rather than Wifi or bluetooth.

I assume the Android app you mention "impersonates" DJI Assistant 2, but maybe I misunderstand.

Good luck getting sorted.
2021-12-8
Use props
Someoneelse
lvl.1

Spain

Nicodema Posted at 12-8 05:03
Is there a reason you can't use DJI Assistant 2 on a Mac or PC? I'm pretty sure that's how the FPV system was designed to be activated and configured, so it's done via USB rather than Wifi or bluetooth.

I assume the Android app you mention "impersonates" DJI Assistant 2, but maybe I misunderstand.

I never mentioned anywhere that i have any  activations problems…
I have a PC and a Mac that is not the problem…

The problem is that mobile apps are on purpose not made for the DJI Vista, i can only chose between drones in the app but there is no vista as option given.
Also it shouldn‘t matter since the only thing what i want is to watch or copy video footage saved on the googles SD card or live stream for friends sitting nearby.
This option is only given if you are using DJI drones, but like I said I posses a DIY drone with the DJI Vista just as VTX and for people like me the app intentionally  left out these options.
Since there are android open source apps which are capable to bring this feature also to none DJI drone owners, so it is possible, but for iOS there is no chuch app so I can‘t use the workaround made by the community because of lack of DJI interest.
2021-12-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

Ah, fair enough. At least you can configure your system with the desktop apps, not a total write off. Yeah, I can see it's frustrating not having the full gamut of support, I guess the FPV system is a bit of a sideline for DJI, not worth them sinking a bunch of cash into quite a small market.

As for the Android vs iOS issue, it's free to make a side-loadable Android app and there is no "gate keeper" if you don't go via the Play Store. That's quite a different story on the iOS side, where it either requires paid for developer licences and apps vetted through the App Store, or full jailbroken phones to run side-loaded apps.

So, yeah frustrating, but more to do with Apple gate keeping (which I personally don't mind) than DJI interest I think.

Good luck finding a solution, maybe a cheap Android device? Peace.
2021-12-9
Use props
Someoneelse
lvl.1

Spain

Nicodema Posted at 12-9 10:57
Ah, fair enough. At least you can configure your system with the desktop apps, not a total write off. Yeah, I can see it's frustrating not having the full gamut of support, I guess the FPV system is a bit of a sideline for DJI, not worth them sinking a bunch of cash into quite a small market.

As for the Android vs iOS issue, it's free to make a side-loadable Android app and there is no "gate keeper" if you don't go via the Play Store. That's quite a different story on the iOS side, where it either requires paid for developer licences and apps vetted through the App Store, or full jailbroken phones to run side-loaded apps.

And the next morning they patch the workaround away?
Nah I would rather sue DJI or try a social media campaign until the echo chamber is to loud to over hear.

No statement from DJI itself nothing against the accuse that you do that on purpose? Or even a sorry we are to lazy do implement that?
2021-12-9
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
United Kingdom

LOL, good luck with your popular revolution.

I have no more to add. Peace.
2021-12-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules