Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
UweE
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1016775 ft
  • >>>
Germany

Hello DJI,

there is a new function in the app, where I can manipulate the behaviour of the sticks.
But, there is no explanation, what to do!

Thanks for a quick update!
2021-12-10
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

This is a pro feature coming from DJI Go app. Please be absolutely sure about what you are doing with it before testing and stay the hell away from obstacles or you may crash your drone. DJI put out this feature so people can calm down their hyper sensitive M3. Bunch of youtubers crashed due to the high stick sensitivity. I think they should know better to test their new M3 in a clear field therefore avoiding their crash. It is just common sense. DJI probably had no time to come up with instructions for exp setting doing this in a rush. But here is how.

Horizontal axis is angle away from neutral. Vertical axis is transnational speed or rotational speed depending on if you are looking at throttle or rotational exp setting. At the origin where 2 axes cross it means zero speed and zero stick angle.
Straight line is linear feel. You get same amount of speed increase for every stick angle you push.
Curved line is non-linear feel. You get more speed increase for every stick angle you push if the part of the curve you are on is steeper.
Default value is 0.25 I believe. 1 is perfectly linear. You can change settings for sport mode separately. This is a very good feature I used on other drone. Really helped with video smoothess. The short sticks came with DJI remotes can make video jerky for people with less fine finger control.
2021-12-10
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Horizontal axis is angle away from neutral. Vertical axis is transnational speed or rotational speed depending on if you are looking at throttle or rotational exp setting.

A better way to explain expo curves is that the X axis represents the physical position of the stick, whereas the Y axis represents the logical position that is sent to the aircraft. Using the screenshot below as an example, around neutral position you will need to move the stick considerably for the aircraft to receive a noticeable input (that is, you will have more precise control). Toward the end of the stick travel, instead, it would be the opposite, with minimal stick variations translating to significant inputs to the aircraft.

Again using the screenshot below as a reference, the left curve applies to the throttle channel (i.e. left stick up/down, in Mode 2), center curve applies to rudder (i.e. left stick left/right), right curve applies to cyclic (i.e. right stick, both up/down and left/right). Also note that regardless of how the stick moves (up/down or left/right), its physical position is always represented by the X axis.
IMG_7628.PNG
2021-12-10
Use props
sclelectronics
Second Officer
United States

Also to change the curve...you put your finger by it and drag slowly!!
If you mess up, there is a reset button on the bottom of the screen
2021-12-10
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

120ccpm Posted at 12-10 16:53
Horizontal axis is angle away from neutral. Vertical axis is transnational speed or rotational speed depending on if you are looking at throttle or rotational exp setting.

A better way to explain expo curves is that the X axis represents the physical position of the stick, whereas the Y axis represents the logical position that is sent to the aircraft. Using the screenshot below as an example, around neutral position you will need to move the stick considerably for the aircraft to receive a noticeable input (that is, you will have more precise control). Toward the end of the stick travel, instead, it would be the opposite, with minimal stick variations translating to significant inputs to the aircraft.

I cannot say it is better. Just different. Mine is relating stick position to speed which is perceived by a user to judge situation around the drone. At the end of the day user sees a speed difference of the drone. You are thinking as if the user is a remote seeing an logical input from the stick... Each to their own. Both correct.
2021-12-10
Use props
120ccpm
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1396755 ft
United States

Guorium Posted at 12-10 17:13
I cannot say it is better. Just different. Mine is relating stick position to speed which is perceived by a user to judge situation around the drone. At the end of the day user sees a speed difference of the drone. You are thinking as if the user is a remote seeing an logical input from the stick... Each to their own. Both correct.

If you speak to a 5-year old, you can say that the accelerator pedal on a car controls "the speed" of the vehicle. If you use terms like translational and rotational speed, then I assume you're having a more scientific conversation. Expo curves have been around a while in the world of RC models, and nobody uses the term "speed" to explain them. If anything, because you can see them "in action" even if a model is sitting on the workbench...
Expo curves are a feature of the RC, not of the AC. With drones it's all mixed up because they are fly-by-wire systems, but from a logical point of view, expos don't change how the AC responds to inputs, they control what inputs are sent to the AC in response to stick movements.
In any case, my intention was not to start a debate, when I said "a better way" I didn't mean you were wrong. I do maintain my position, though, that explaining expos by looking at the "speed" of the AC is less accurate.
2021-12-10
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Australia

120ccpm Posted at 12-10 18:59
If you speak to a 5-year old, you can say that the accelerator pedal on a car controls "the speed" of the vehicle. If you use terms like translational and rotational speed, then I assume you're having a more scientific conversation. Expo curves have been around a while in the world of RC models, and nobody uses the term "speed" to explain them. If anything, because you can see them "in action" even if a model is sitting on the workbench...
Expo curves are a feature of the RC, not of the AC. With drones it's all mixed up because they are fly-by-wire systems, but from a logical point of view, expos don't change how the AC responds to inputs, they control what inputs are sent to the AC in response to stick movements.
In any case, my intention was not to start a debate, when I said "a better way" I didn't mean you were wrong. I do maintain my position, though, that explaining expos by looking at the "speed" of the AC is less accurate.

No debate man. All good.
2021-12-11
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules