Air 2S False Obstacle Avoidance Alert & DJI Assistant 2 Block...
3284 9 2021-12-10
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ludwiglevo
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2429659 ft
United States

Hi,

I bought one DJI Air 2S recently, the first time I test it I found it have gimbal problems so I call the customer service, verified this is a manufacture issue and sent it back. Now, the second unit I received performs perfectly with its gimbal, but it suffers another issue -- False obstacle avoidance alerts rings all the time for none-existent threat. I am flying my drone 100m above ground and away from any tall buildings from the rear, but the obstacle avoidance alert kept rung and indicator shows there is something behind. When I turn my camera back it was always nothing. I learnt that this may be helped through sensor valibration through DJI Assistant 2, but it blocks me from doing so after downloaded. Here is the screenshot:

It kepts spinning and grey out.
What's worse, I am seeing "Upward vision sensor calibration error. Contact DJI support (Code: 180006)" constantly now, see screenshots below:  

Please help me end this annoying episode, I just wanna fly my drone. Thanks!
Eric

The assistant blocks me from calibration

The assistant blocks me from calibration

False avoidance alarm

False avoidance alarm

The view after I turn around

The view after I turn around
IMG_2811.jpg
IMG_2812.jpg
2021-12-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 12260774 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi,

OA sensors are really sensitive, with direct or too much light into the sensor you have false warnings.
Not much to do about.....

Flying forward and back sensor false reading, well  who cares :-)
But flying forward and front false obstacle detection, drone will brake or move around, can spoil your video!

For this last reason i fly with OA off, not a big problem for me when flying in free area at some height with no or known obstacles.

cheers
JJB

2021-12-10
Use props
fans63495e80
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-10 12:12
Hi,

OA sensors are really sensitive, with direct or too much light into the sensor you have false warnings.

I would let it go if this is simply some false readings on screen. But it is affecting the flight trying to brake itself during many of my video tours, when there are nothing behind, and the constant error message will ultimately destroy the true purpose of having obstacle avoidance, making me disbelieve these warnings later on, thinking these are just false alarms and eventually crash it into something...And, this is my SECOND unit after the first unit suffered gimbal problems. I am getting tired of googling for solutions (especially when it doesn't work) and contacting customer service
2021-12-10
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans63495e80 Posted at 12-10 13:40
I would let it go if this is simply some false readings on screen. But it is affecting the flight trying to brake itself during many of my video tours, when there are nothing behind, and the constant error message will ultimately destroy the true purpose of having obstacle avoidance, making me disbelieve these warnings later on, thinking these are just false alarms and eventually crash it into something...And, this is my SECOND unit after the first unit suffered gimbal problems. I am getting tired of googling for solutions (especially when it doesn't work) and contacting customer service

Understand your feeling, but nothing you can do about it. Or simply return your drone....don`t buy another one
2021-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans63495e80 Posted at 12-10 13:40
I would let it go if this is simply some false readings on screen. But it is affecting the flight trying to brake itself during many of my video tours, when there are nothing behind, and the constant error message will ultimately destroy the true purpose of having obstacle avoidance, making me disbelieve these warnings later on, thinking these are just false alarms and eventually crash it into something...And, this is my SECOND unit after the first unit suffered gimbal problems. I am getting tired of googling for solutions (especially when it doesn't work) and contacting customer service

Could just be you got unlucky on the replacement and it has a faulty sensor.  
2021-12-11
Use props
fans63495e80
lvl.2
United States

JJB* Posted at 12-11 01:55
Understand your feeling, but nothing you can do about it. Or simply return your drone....don`t buy another one

Actually, I've call customer service again and they found the error code may be fixed through a windows version Assistant 2 firmware reinstall (I was using Mac version earlier). After I connected my Drone to windows and refreshed firmware, the errors are gone -- I didn't even calibrate the drone through the app. It asked me to calibrate compass afterwards when I try to test fly though, and I didn't succeed until trying 20+ times. But at least it flys without false warnings. It surprised me that this was caused by software, rather than sensor itself. However, it crashed itself during automatic fly home into a building under construction, and that's another topic -- So here goes my $1K investment. My heart is bleeding. I got some traumatic experience for it this time.
2021-12-11
Use props
fans63495e80
lvl.2
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-11 07:09
Could just be you got unlucky on the replacement and it has a faulty sensor.

I thought that too, but turns out it was software issue after calling customer service and trying to re-install firmware through windows version Assistant 2.
2021-12-11
Use props
fans63495e80
lvl.2
United States

Issue solved after calling customer service again and reinstalling firmware through windows version Assistant 2.
2021-12-11
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

fans63495e80 Posted at 12-11 07:37
I thought that too, but turns out it was software issue after calling customer service and trying to re-install firmware through windows version Assistant 2.

That's great to hear.  Glad you got the issue resolved and can get back to flying, weather permitting, of course.
2021-12-12
Use props
JJB*
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
Netherlands

fans63495e80 Posted at 12-11 07:37

If firmware re-installing solves the problem ; than DJI has changed the firmware....
wich ofcourse is oke to do !
2021-12-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules