Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Polarphoto
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1322493 ft
  • >>>
Finland

Hi,

Its a bit akward that semi-pro drone`s camera is missing 3:2 (de-facto) aspect ratio on still photos. 4:3 and 16:9 but it would be really nice to see 3:2 as it was on M2Pro.

Cannot understand that this kind of basic feature has lost in development.  Yes, you can always crop on post-processing but its little hard to compose while shooting - and you still loose some pixels because of croppping.   DJI: Give us atleast visible 3:2 guidelines.

2021-12-11
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Cannot understand that this kind of basic feature has lost in development.  Yes, you can always crop on post-processing but its little hard to compose while shooting - and you still loose some pixels because of croppping.

The sensor's aspect ratio is 4:3.
If DJI provided a 3:2 option, that could only be achieved by cropping and you'd lose pixels anyway.
Just work with the full sensor and you can crop any way you choose, instead of giving up part of the sensor area before you even start.
2021-12-11
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

So you don’t want to make the most of this sensor , I’m intrigued as to why ?
2021-12-11
Use props
Polarphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Labroides Posted at 12-11 15:20
Cannot understand that this kind of basic feature has lost in development.  Yes, you can always crop on post-processing but its little hard to compose while shooting - and you still loose some pixels because of croppping.

The sensor's aspect ratio is 4:3.

DJI allows 16:9  for videos which either does not use full sensor. Do you shoot also shoot videos 4:3 ?

No commercial media does not publish 4:3 photos on newspapers.
2021-12-12
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Polarphoto Posted at 12-12 08:06
DJI allows 16:9  for videos which either does not use full sensor. Do you shoot also shoot videos 4:3 ?

Commercial media would print any image format that suits them and they would crop to any format that suits them.
Don't obsess about the aspect ratio, just shoot with the full sensor and crop to whatever format suits you.

2021-12-12
Use props
Polarphoto
lvl.2
  • >>>
Finland

Labroides Posted at 12-12 14:08
No commercial media does not publish 4:3 photos on newspapers.
Commercial media would print any image format that suits them and they would crop to any format that suits them.
Don't obsess about the aspect ratio, just shoot with the full sensor and crop to whatever format suits you.

No they wont. DTP is automatized and uses page templates. Any customization costs extra and had to do manually, thats why all bigger newspapers (in Europe) uses pre-set aspect ratios for photos. Amurica African countries and all other 3rd level countries may work differently.

If you read carefully, again, my 1st post - needs would be fulfilled if DJI just provides guidelines for helping composing while shooting.
2021-12-12
Use props
djiuser_ghH0wfWnpoK7
New

New Zealand

Agree need 3x2. All real estate in NZ is done in 3x2. Real pain having to try and compose in 4x3 when everything going to be cropped to 3x2.
2022-10-7
Use props
TonyPHX
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 11229610 ft
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_ghH0wfWnpoK7 Posted at 10-7 01:13
Agree need 3x2. All real estate in NZ is done in 3x2. Real pain having to try and compose in 4x3 when everything going to be cropped to 3x2.

The real estate industry in NZ sounds maniacal!
2022-10-9
Use props
djiuser_CtS0jQViUsj7
New
Flight distance : 301637 ft
Germany

Hello ,
I have the question
I have mavic 3 if I but it in sport mode the sensor switch off I try on in safety mode only switch on with normal mode and C mode
Thank you very much
2022-10-14
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules