1933 17 2021-12-11
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Soam
Second Officer
Flight distance : 661627 ft
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

HI, I just bought the DJI Osmo Action 2  and it was for one single reason -  QUICK VIDEO VIDEO RECORD WITH ONE BUTTON HIT , which I mostly use it with gopro and Insta go all the time on chest lanyard.

Now  action 2 doesnt work.
IT switches on to video mode when I hit the button, but it doesnt start recording.

Why  is the bug still not addressed or fixed ?
Snapshot is  the only thing which I assume most would be using in FPV lanyard shooting style, but sad it doesnt work and we have  to hit to record and again switch off manually too.

SNAPSHOT should be like quick capture of gopro which works flawless, you hit a button when the camera is off and it immediately starts shooting and you hit again, it stops shooting and switches off automatically too.

What to do now ?
2021-12-11
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

You should try to click+hold the record button, instead of just clicking. Snapshot works fine.
2021-12-11
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

cpt_carrot Posted at 12-11 20:19
You should try to click+hold the record button, instead of just clicking. Snapshot works fine.

Hi, it doesnt work with the monitor module attached.
It works only when the camera module is alone and the video is recording to the internal SD. But  not always too. Very sketchy and buggy.

Also, the press hold is long process, DJI should change it to one click record like GoPro Quick capture.

For the current process in Action 2, you have to press and hold and wait for haptic feedback, as most of the video is not even recording. So,all in a its not ready it seems and buggy.
2021-12-11
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

Soam Posted at 12-11 21:17
Hi, it doesnt work with the monitor module attached.
It works only when the camera module is alone and the video is recording to the internal SD. But  not always too. Very sketchy and buggy.

Hi, it does work with the battery module attached (I'm too cheap to get a dual-screen combo). I managed to get it to fail only if recording to SD card and the card is not recognized. So, still more of a user-error than a Snapshot issue.

Also, DJI shouldn't "change it to one click record" because this is used to turn the camera on. GoPros have more than one button, so does not apply.
2021-12-11
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Im using dual-screen combo only.
And when dual screen is attached, then SD card is selected of course, as I need long recording.

So, why would the snapshot fail with Dual screen module attached ?

Plain  an engineering bug , right ?

All Im saying is, it should work no matter what card or module.

So, is there a way to get this bug fixed ?
2021-12-12
Use props
fans54016cc6
lvl.3
Japan

I'm using it with the battery module and Snapshot does not work even with the SD card recommended by DJI. So it is a bad implementation more than a user-error.
2021-12-12
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Can someone tag DSJI staff so they can acknowledge they are working on the bug ?
2021-12-12
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

I'm assuming you are using the firmware which was supposed to have fixed this problem.  Here it remains unreliable.
2021-12-12
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Im on latest firmware only, which was november 23 file.
But it  still doesnt work.
2021-12-12
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Anyone from DJI to support ?
2021-12-12
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

dji answered here. Still not a snapshot issue, but sd card compatibility might need further improvements.
2021-12-12
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Have tried with 3 SD card as per DJI specs, its same issue.
May be they are deliberately trying to ignore the issue.

Its plain an engineering bug and not a SD  card issue.
2021-12-13
Use props
cpt_carrot
lvl.2

New Zealand

It is an sd card issue, and not a snapshot issue, if snapshot works in various configuration and fails sporadically when the sd card is not detected at startup. But keep going on about it, I'm sure it helps.
Edit: by sd card issue, I mean that the cammera has the issue with recognizing the sd card, not that the sd card is faulty.
2021-12-13
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Thats correct!
The camera  is buggy, as its not able to detect the SD card on quick startup and thus it doesnt work.

While GoPro quick shot works instantly with any card you use, and just with one click, not even hold. A simple click.
I wish DJI gives an option for SNAPSHOT for CLICK or HOLD and fixes this SD card detection bug asap.
2021-12-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Just tested with the camera connected to the display module. It works fine.

With the camera powered off, a quick button press switches camera on as normal.

With the camera powered off, a 2 second button press powers up the camera and instantly starts recording.
Press the power button to end recording and this also shuts the camera off too.

Just tested and working fine, and I prefer it this way....

2021-12-13
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

Like I said, it works 1 out of 20 times for me,.
And many others have reported the same too.
That means, its something to do with the camera only, which is not able to detect the SD card on the attached module in snapshot mode.

It only works alone to internal memory.
Never to SD card almost,
2021-12-13
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB MicroSD Card - but yes I see what you mean now. Does same here too, its not 100% reliable every time when using the memory card directly. I generally capture to internal memory most of the time as I tend to use camera alone, then dump footage across if I need to, hence why Ive probably never notice dthis issue in teh past. Hopefully something that can be fixed with a firmware update.
2021-12-13
Use props
Soam
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Arab Emirates

IftiBashir Posted at 12-13 13:36
I'm using a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256GB MicroSD Card - but yes I see what you mean now. Does same here too, its not 100% reliable every time when using the memory card directly. I generally capture to internal memory most of the time as I tend to use camera alone, then dump footage across if I need to, hence why Ive probably never notice dthis issue in teh past. Hopefully something that can be fixed with a firmware update.

Using the same card and the 128GB too.
Both doesnt work for me.

Yes it works perfectly fine with without the  module and card.

I hope DJI fixes  this  asap, as its an expensive camera and dealing with such bugs is highly irritating.
2021-12-13
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules