I got my fly permit in Sweden for UAS1A, so logs print out?
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1174157 ft
Sweden

I finally got my fly permit UAS1A for the P3P here in Sweden!
So now I need to send in the flight logs on yearly base.

Is there any way to easy print out a text based "Pilot Logs" from the logs that you save and sync in the app?
Or should I use the old school manual log book and write by hand for each flight?

Thanks for answering my question in advance!
2015-8-3
Use props
kallio
lvl.1

Sweden

Better write something here so I'm following the thread...
How long did it take to get the permit? I upgraded my insurance a couple of days ago, so I'll send the paperwork in for that soon.

It might be an easier way, but I think you can get the flight records from the usb-port in the front of the P3P and then run the file (or files?) on some page somewhere...
...looking for page...
...still looking...
Found it!
https://www.mapsmadeeasy.com/log_viewer
(from this thread: http://forum.dji.com/thread-8622-1-1.html)

2015-8-3
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

The fly permit took only a week from apply to it showed up in the mailbox.
Thanks for your suggestion, but the flight log you have to show to authorities are not on the same detail level like the .DAT
To the authorities you only need to show date, place, time and duration on yearly base.
Only if an incident is happening you need the detail level from the .DAT files.
So a simple text based yearly print out from the logs sorted on date would be great.
2015-8-3
Use props
Willie Wonka
lvl.4

United States

Glad I am not in Sweden ! But from the looks of it here in the USA we gonna have to go thru some real red tape.
2015-8-3
Use props
gregg1r
lvl.4

United States

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-4 01:07
The fly permit took only a week from apply to it showed up in the mailbox.
Thanks for your suggestio ...

Better to have too information much than not enough.

Dump the DAT file into Excel and keep for future reference. Won't take much space.
2015-8-3
Use props
ad6
lvl.1

Sweden

Great that you got it, did you referred to a modified P3? (regarding the kinetic energy)

>So now I need to send in the flight logs on yearly base.

Why? Have I missed a yearly requirement?

Though you are supposed to keep a rudimentary log. I made one for iOS (FMP), not completely finished/polished yet. If anyone wants a copy I may upload it here.

Screen Shot 2015-08-03 at 21.04.36.jpg '

/BKE

2015-8-3
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

ad6 Posted at 2015-8-4 03:13
Great that you got it, did you referred to a modified P3? (regarding the kinetic energy)
>So now I n ...

Permit is based on laser measure of speed in GPS mode.
And you are right only every second year when you renew the permit, should you send in a log of the flights.
2015-8-3
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
Flight distance : 14066975 ft
  • >>>
Sweden

To be perfecly correct the P3 is actually a 1 b drone when calculating the kinetic energy based on weight and 16 m/s in ATTI mode.
2015-8-3
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Swedrone Posted at 2015-8-4 15:10
To be perfecly correct the P3 is actually a 1 b drone when calculating the kinetic energy based on w ...

If you commercial operate it in GPS-mode its still a 1A. If you fly it in ATTI-mode then you flying without a permit if you have a 1A permit.
We are only allowed due regulation in Sweden to drive our cars according to the speed limit on the road, for the moment max speed is 120km/h on some highways. I have a motorcycle that could speed up to 270km/h. But I follow the regulation of speed with my motorcycle. I also follow the regulation for UAS1A regarding for example the speed limit!
2015-8-4
Use props
Dorban
lvl.1
Switzerland

You can just buy a logbook.
Go to Akademibokhandeln or whatever store you like.
Dont take long time to write down when you have used your P3.
Dont take much place either.
2015-8-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-4 18:27
If you commercial operate it in GPS-mode its still a 1A. If you fly it in ATTI-mode then you flyin ...

Doesn't matter.  The permit is based on the maximum velocity of the aircraft. It' could reach that velocity if you loose control, when in a RTH or a steep dive. So you operate with the wrong permit if you have a 1a
2015-8-4
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Im sorry to say its two separate things velocity and kinetic energy. Im a former PPL-, UL-B, Gyrocopter Pilot, UL-B Flight Instructor, Author of book how to fly Gyrocopter also UL-B plane builder. Im happy to continue the discussion offline. The P3P is a 1A in GPS mode, end of discussion here at the DJI forum.
2015-8-4
Use props
Dorban
lvl.1
Switzerland

Do guys know how long it will take to get the självgransknings permit from försvarsmakten?
2015-8-4
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

First you have to do some apply for "Spridningstillstånd" and if you have these approved you can apply for a "Självgranskningstillstånd". Are you a Swedish citizen?
2015-8-4
Use props
Dorban
lvl.1
Switzerland

Oh, I went right for the "Självgranskningstillstånd". =)
Yes I am.
2015-8-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

Dorban Posted at 2015-8-4 20:19
Do guys know how long it will take to get the självgransknings permit from försvarsmakten?

Takes up to 8 weeks. In sweden even the military takes vacation. As everything else in Sweden nothing gets done really during the summer.
2015-8-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-4 20:05
Im sorry to say its two separate things velocity and kinetic energy. Im a former PPL-, UL-B, Gyrocop ...

The velocity is what gives you the kinetic energy, you should know, with all your credentials. For the P3 its calculaded as 16x16x1280/2=163 that means 1A permit is not gonna cut it for you. Sorry.
2015-8-4
Use props
PerlanSwed
Second Officer
Sweden

Dear Sir, Velocity is speed and Kinetic Energy (J) is motion energy and since you don't understand the difference we should stop this now. The most important thing with the different class is the impact energy that could be accelerated in a incident. The P3 have a max weight of 1.3kg and a laser measure speed of 13.88m/s in GPS mode that give us a Kinetic Energy of  125.23J. The numbers DJI have in the specification is not the numbers you can apply on, that is marketing numbers. Specification we have is based on real actual speed measured with laser in real flight.

What is your problem that we apply for the 1A and get permit for that?
Have you measured the speed of your P3 with a third part speed tool?
2015-8-4
Use props
Swedrone
First Officer
  • >>>
Sweden

PerlanSwed Posted at 2015-8-5 00:13
Dear Sir, Velocity is speed and Kinetic Energy (J) is motion energy and since you don't understand t ...

No problem at all, I have the 1A myself, but the numbers I used when applying was not the actual manufacturer data, which is what they require along with drawings and other stuff. So I´m not legal either in ATTI mode. When flying downwind last week we recorded 15 m/s plus the wind tottaling 24 m/s. Just saying the 1A is probably not enough
2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules