Video Transmission Range Issues
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Hello everyone.  I'm flying a Phantom 3 Advanced.  

Having horrific video transmission range issues.   Prior to the 1.2.8 firmware upgrade it was bad, but not horrible.
Now, I can't get video with the quad sitting right next to the controller at times.  

I live in a lightly populated area.  Had it at a wide open lake one day and had the same issues.

I've have tried moving the antenna positions without any luck.

Really bummed especially since I have the HDMI upgrade card on it's way.

Does anyone have a potential solution or something I can try?

2015-8-3
Use props
aburkefl
Second Officer
Flight distance : 78612 ft
United States

On at least one of the devices - not certain if it's Android or IOS - there is a known issue with connectivity/video when the RC and the P3 are very close to each other. See if you have better luck with the P3 and RC separated by five or six feet.
2015-8-3
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

aburkefl@gmail. Posted at 2015-8-4 03:45
On at least one of the devices - not certain if it's Android or IOS - there is a known issue with co ...

Thanks, but that's not the issue.  Even if I do get signal, I fly it 10 meters away and it drops again.
And note it all worked much better (although not NEARLY the range estimates they give) prior to the firmware update.

2015-8-3
Use props
dlongcamp
lvl.4
Flight distance : 755988 ft
  • >>>
United States

Have you turned on enable hardware decode on the pilot app?  That helps for some devices.  What device are you using?  The new firmware over works the processors on certain devices.   
2015-8-3
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

try this one http://www.phantompilots.com/thr ... or-phantom-3.47516/
2015-8-3
Use props
david.p.mann
Second Officer
Flight distance : 18669501 ft
  • >>>
United States

See my post in this forum thread on the same subject for all the steps to take to get clear, trouble-free HD Link live video with P3P and an iPad Air 2.  I routinely fly long- distance flights with my P3P up to 2.6 miles (4.2 km, 13,800 feet) from the Remote Controller with full signal level and no pixelation or video drop-outs.

See this forum post: http://forum.dji.com/thread-24950-1-1.html
2015-8-3
Use props
timswimm
DJI team

Hong Kong

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-8-4 11:24
See my post in this forum thread on the same subject for all the steps to take to get clear, troubl ...

Great post!  very detailed
2015-8-3
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

timswimm Posted at 2015-8-4 10:57
try this one http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/diy-antenna-booster-for-phantom-3.47516/

Yep, found one of these in Thingaverse and printed it on my 3D printer.  No improvement.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

dlongcamp@aol.c Posted at 2015-8-4 06:34
Have you turned on enable hardware decode on the pilot app?  That helps for some devices.  What devi ...

I will try this.  Thank you.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

david.p.mann@ea Posted at 2015-8-4 11:24
See my post in this forum thread on the same subject for all the steps to take to get clear, troubl ...

Thanks very much.  I have tried most of your suggestions, but will give the rest a shot.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Have you turned on enable hardware decode on the pilot app?  That helps for some devices.  What devi ...

I'm using an Nvidia Shield.  Same issue with my Samsung Galaxy 4.
2015-8-4
Use props
steve.petry.rit
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

The P3, selects video channels automatically it used to have 32 channels to select from in FW1.19. Then in the newer firmware the channels were reduced to 8, this made video range a lot less in some areas due to limited channel selection.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

steve.petry.rit Posted at 2015-8-4 21:55
The P3, selects video channels automatically it used to have 32 channels to select from in FW1.19. T ...

This could very well be my problem.  And I'm sure other's as well.
2015-8-4
Use props
Steve.Petry
lvl.2
Flight distance : 462621 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes.. I thought with this new FW release we would have the 32 channels back, but it appears to be 8 again.

2015-8-4
Use props
jimcloud74
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1298317 ft
United States

Steve.Petry Posted at 2015-8-4 22:11
Yes.. I thought with this new FW release we would have the 32 channels back, but it appears to be 8  ...

Gov agencies got DJI over this and made them limit them. It sucks....I know.
2015-8-4
Use props
pbusardo
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

Is this an iPhone only setting?
2015-8-4
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules