Do You Use Cache When Recording on Smart Controller?
1996 4 2021-12-13
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

I have an Air 2S that was purchsed direct from DJI with the Smart Controller. At first it would cache the video and photos in the Smart Controller itself so that I could review them or hook up to a TV with the HDMI port. I knew that was a low resolution (1080P) video but at least it was a quick way to review what should have been captured on the memory card in the Air 2S - but clearly, this is video/photos cached directly in the Smart Controller from the telemetry link to the aircraft.

Then suddenly in October 2021 that feature stopped working. It does not cache either video or photos like it had been doing on every flight. I contacted DJI and they had me send the Air 2S and SC to them for analysis and repair. It was returned to me after three full weeks with the statement that both units checked-out okay and there was no problem.

2021-12-13
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Yes I use it,  and reported my issue in this thread over the weekend - https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=255123
2021-12-13
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

I have zero confidence in DJIs repair service. Besides not testing the issue I sent the aircraft and smart controller in for, they failed to return a memory card. I contacted them and their response is that they did return the card and provided a photo showing it taped to the aircraft. So what? Problem is I searched every square mm of the inside of the box the equipment that was returned and the card is simply not there. Somebody at DJI shipping messed up and now it's my problem.

So when I called to ask how they will compensate me for the missing memory card, the response was they will NOT do anything.  Hard to believe but that's it! They won't do anything.

My first DJI drone purchase will be my last DJI purchase. I can't believe how bad this company treats customers. Besides less than poor service they treat me like a crook trying to swindle them out of a low cost memory card. Tells me a lot about the people at DJI.
2021-12-13
Use props
djiuser_G9FIgnpuniqT
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Wavicle Posted at 12-13 15:44
I have zero confidence in DJIs repair service. Besides not testing the issue I sent the aircraft and smart controller in for, they failed to return a memory card. I contacted them and their response is that they did return the card and provided a photo showing it taped to the aircraft. So what? Problem is I searched every square mm of the inside of the box the equipment that was returned and the card is simply not there. Somebody at DJI shipping messed up and now it's my problem.

So when I called to ask how they will compensate me for the missing memory card, the response was they will NOT do anything.  Hard to believe but that's it! They won't do anything.

Why in earth would you send the memory card in the first place. I would always remove regardless of the manufacturer.
2021-12-18
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

djiuser_G9FIgnpuniqT Posted at 12-18 21:43
Why in earth would you send the memory card in the first place. I would always remove regardless of the manufacturer.

I included a memory card per the directions of DJI Technical Support when they arranged the repair service. Here is the direct quote from the email:

"If the issue persists, please kindly send your drone and DJI Smart controller back with one SD card inserted in your controller."

Therefore, wanting to get the problem corrected I followed their instruction to receive the warranty repair.

In any case, it took many emails and several phone calls but DJI did replace the memory card, which is now on its way via UPS. So this problem has been resolved.
2021-12-19
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules