Repair Less Memory Card
923 7 2021-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

I had sent my Air 2S along with the Smart Controller and a 128 GB memory card, as directed by DJI, to them for analysis and repair because the SC no longer will "Cache When Recording".

Anyway, they returned my equipment after three weeks but the memory card I sent them was missing. I searched the return box and all packing materials and the Air 2S itself five times for that memory card and it's not there.

I emailed them and their response was they claim they sent it back.

I called and was promptly told, "There is nothing we will do to compensate you, our team said they returned the memeory card" and that's it. DJI will do nothing to compensate me for losing the memory card. It's not like this is an expensive item but the fact they tell me tough luck on your memory card being lost-- "we don't care".

2021-12-14
Use props
DubSound
Second Officer
Flight distance : 104459 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If it's anything like in Europe, a lot of the time DJI send RMA's to a 3rd party repair centre. I.e. DynaFix in Europe, so majority of the time if something is missing from a return it's the 3rd party that still has it.
2021-12-14
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Hopefully A DJI Mod will chime in and help out. That's unfortunate though.
2021-12-14
Use props
DJI Mindy
Administrator
Flight distance : 7 ft
  • >>>

Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. We managed to find out your case number through your account. Upon checking, the SD card has been sent back to you with the drone. Could you please look inside the box again to see if it falls into the box? Thanks for your understanding.
2021-12-14
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Mindy Posted at 12-14 20:22
Hi there, we are sorry to know about this issue. We managed to find out your case number through your account. Upon checking, the SD card has been sent back to you with the drone. Could you please look inside the box again to see if it falls into the box? Thanks for your understanding.
[view_image]

I appreciate the suggestion but I've searched the entire box and all packing materials five times down to one square mm and it's not there. I've been through this with two DJI reps via email and at least three DJI people on the phone.  A manager from DJI China called and will be issuing a DJI store credit to replace the card.

The bottom line is that DJI Repair Shipping needs to take better care of preparing something as small as a microSD card and especially when simply using scotch tape to attach it something and expecting it to hold. In this case, it did not.
I will also note that poly zip lock bag was NOT in the returned box. The photos DJI sent me showed the bare microSD card taped to the Air 2S.
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wavicle Posted at 12-15 04:40
I appreciate the suggestion but I've searched the entire box and all packing materials five times down to one square mm and it's not there. I've been through this with two DJI reps via email and at least three DJI people on the phone.  A manager from DJI China called and will be issuing a DJI store credit to replace the card.

The bottom line is that DJI Repair Shipping needs to take better care of preparing something as small as a microSD card and especially when simply using scotch tape to attach it something and expecting it to hold. In this case, it did not.

Hi Wavicle, I've noticed that you had contacted our support team via email, I'll help to forward your situation to our corresponding team to check and follow up. Please wait for the email update.
By the way, you mentioned that " A manager from DJI China called and will be issuing a DJI store credit to replace the card.", may I know more details about it? If there is anything else I can assist you with, please feel free to let me know.
2021-12-15
Use props
Wavicle
lvl.3
United States

DJI Natalia, I do not recall the name of the manger from DJI China but he referred this to a team in China to get approval to replace the card. I was then contacted by email by Wei from DJI Support and Wei included the offer to replace the card. I responded to that offer and I am now waiting to hear further instructions.

I appreciate your interest and concern- thank you.
2021-12-16
Use props
DJI Natalia
Administrator

Wavicle Posted at 12-16 04:16
DJI Natalia, I do not recall the name of the manger from DJI China but he referred this to a team in China to get approval to replace the card. I was then contacted by email by Wei from DJI Support and Wei included the offer to replace the card. I responded to that offer and I am now waiting to hear further instructions.

I appreciate your interest and concern- thank you.

Thank you for the details. As per the email, the coupon for you to get the replacement has been sent to you. If there is anything further I can help with, please feel free to ask.
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules