Most Immersive Goggles for RC Pro/Smart Controller?
1789 4 2021-12-14
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

I am pretty new to using goggles for drone flying. I have a Mavic Air 2S + RC Pro (just got the new B&H bundle) and am looking for the most immersive flying experience, price is not a big factor I am looking to find the best quality. I know the RC Pro has a USBC and HDMI connections, are both of these able to be used to transfer video to the goggles, or only HDMI?

I have used the Fatshark HDO2 goggles with the original smart controller and was not satisfied. The color quality was poor and it just felt like I was looking into a rectangle screen. Maybe my expectations were too high? Fatshark advertises 38 degree FOV on these and they cost $500, so I was under the impression they were high end, but didn't feel that way.

I noticed the original DJI Goggles v1 can be found on eBay and have a 85 degree FOV. I can snag these for $250 right now, but is the larger FOV going to give me a more immersive experience? How about the Oculus goggles, are those compatible at all, via HDMI (not sure if they have this) or USB-C (they def have this). Any other suggestions?

Any input is appreciated!
2021-12-14
Use props
fans2daade54
lvl.2

United States

bump... no one uses good goggles?
2021-12-18
Use props
DaMa
First Officer
Flight distance : 889662 ft
  • >>>
Germany

fans2daade54 Posted at 12-18 09:00
bump... no one uses good goggles?

I am using the bt300 glases with the bt35e connecting box - via usbc to the sc. For pics look in my posts.
2021-12-18
Use props
jeffbake
lvl.3
Flight distance : 955587 ft
  • >>>
United States

Technically I don’t think I would be allowed to use goggles without a spotter in the US. But I’m sure people do it.
2022-1-10
Use props
scoble08
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4327592 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have DJI Goggles RE and Smart Controller I use with my M2Z and Mini2.  Works really well.  Great FOV.
2022-1-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules