554 9 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have held this clip for a long time because it is very bad from a video aspect. It was the very first real one I did with the M2p almost a year ago It was a disaster. I was not used to the Go 4 app and failed miserably in my maiden flight with it. I was trying to do a cool video of my boat in action with my step son at the controls because most of you complained I should not be doing this alone. I heard you so... this happened. I messed up the focus and aperture and skit happened ;-) I am posting it to educate others in what to avoid. Ha ha ha, I know it's ridiculous so forgive me.

I really love action videos with people and not as much the travelog ones. So that explains my obsession with it. I will get better in time. Count on it ;-)

2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I was half expecting you to fall over board.     Looks like you were learning,  nothing to be embarrassed about.
2021-12-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

I served 6 years in the US Coast Guard. I have never been so humiliated ;-)
2021-12-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

After that we spent the rest of he morning flying his new Mini 2 over the beach. It was a good day after all. But I could not stop laughing about myself ;-)
2021-12-15
Use props
kyalami
Second Officer
Flight distance : 17352513 ft
Sweden

We have all been there and done that, so I would not feel embarrassed. I am sure more crazy things has happened to may on the first flight. I must say, you ere pretty smooth on the sticks though.
2021-12-15
Use props
Cetacean
Captain
Flight distance : 2528264 ft
  • >>>
United States

Aloha Gary,

Well, yes, it was a bit embarrassing.  That is why videographers put a girl in a bikini in the front of the boat so that, although it may have been embarrassing, it is a little more enjoyable.  Such a design change would have made that long drawn out shot of the boat wake a brilliant strategy for creating tension for when the shot eventually catches up to the boat.

Take care and be safe!

Aloha and Drone On!
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there GaryDoug. Good day and thank you for posting this interesting video you have filmed. Have a safe and a happy flying always.
2021-12-15
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

Edited on the cutting room floor (no wait, that's film lol). Edited on your pc/mac or whatever, it could still be seen as a good short video clip!
2021-12-15
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
  • >>>
United States

Underexposed and out of focus for most of the time because I failed to put it in auto modes. Also I was not familiar with the active tracking in GO4, so none of that. The boat pilot kept veering to port. Nothing went right ;-)
2021-12-15
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

At least you managed to not crash into the water!
I think you could grab some usable shots from it though
2021-12-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules