Transporting drone with props or not?
4484 7 2021-12-15
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
borufeiji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32096 ft
United States

Just received my Air 2S Fly More combo and unpacked everything. My question is about transporting the drone (like in the Fly More carrying case). Is it advisable to remove the props before putting the drone in the bag? I'm not sure how delicate or bendable the props are, or if might put strain on the motors.
2021-12-15
Use props
RobZilla
Second Officer
Flight distance : 1057844 ft
  • >>>
United States

For me personally, I keep the props on and secure it with the following strap in the Fly More Combo bag.
Air2S strap

Before I fly after removing from bag and strap, I double check each prop to be sure its secured.
2021-12-15
Use props
The Saint
First Officer
Flight distance : 6260171 ft
  • >>>
United States

personally it is not necessary.  the only think you gain is increased risk that you might not re-install them properly which will lead to a crash....a risk that far outweighs the potential to damage the props while transporting them.  props are cheap, no need to baby them.
2021-12-15
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there borufeiji. Good day and thank you for reaching out. I hope that our fellow DJI co pilots can give out the best recommendation on how do they properly transport there DJI drones and with regards to this matter. Just a reminder that you can leave the propellers on the your DJI Air 2S when storing it and transporting as long as the case that you will be placing the said DJI drone is safe. If the said DJI propellers are scratched, bent, or damaged kindly replace it immediately before taking flight. Thank you.
2021-12-15
Use props
borufeiji
lvl.2
Flight distance : 32096 ft
United States

RobZilla Posted at 12-15 14:23
For me personally, I keep the props on and secure it with the following strap in the Fly More Combo bag.
Air2S strap

Thanks! This looks like a good solution.
2021-12-15
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I never remove the props when Im handling the drone bag,  but if I were to put it in the hold of a plane then I probably would in those rare ocassions.
2021-12-16
Use props
Hrodnand
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3038150 ft
Romania

Since they can be folded, it's OK to leave them on. That strap which RobZilla posted is a great way to keep them folded and safe.
2021-12-16
Use props
djiuser_co43r6PJI8ux
lvl.4
Flight distance : 1851703 ft
Australia

Hrodnand Posted at 12-16 02:25
Since they can be folded, it's OK to leave them on. That strap which RobZilla posted is a great way to keep them folded and safe.

When im transporting the drone on and out of the bag .o found that if i ise the straps and put the drone on a plastic bag ot slides on and out of the bag with out even touching the props.coz some times the Velcro can catch pn yo the inside of the bag. But when I usr the plastic bag slides in out with ease.
2021-12-23
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules