Setting Up Facebook Live Transmission on Smart Controller
1186 4 2021-12-16
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
ViperJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

ANyone able to Set Up Facebook Live Transmission on Smart Controller. I did this fine on my old Mavic 2 and Smart Controller. On my Mavic 3 Smart Controller, I go to Transmission-> Live Streaming Platforms and I only see RTMP. How can I add Facebook?

2021-12-16
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

Oddly, DJI don't claim streaming is currently supported on the RC Pro, but as others and now you have found, it does seem to support open RTMP. No good for connecting directly to the RTMPS servers that Facebook use, but you might have some joy setting up a NGINX server and running it as a RTMP proxy. Don't know, haven't tried.

While you wait for DJI to implement the full support for streaming, maybe try using YouTube live streaming. That does allow open connections, providing RTMP URLs for streaming, rather than secure RTMPS ones.

Good luck and let us know how you get on.
2021-12-16
Use props
ViperJD
lvl.1
Flight distance : 390 ft
United States

Nicodema Posted at 12-16 06:57
Oddly, DJI don't claim streaming is currently supported on the RC Pro, but as others and now you have found, it does seem to support open RTMP. No good for connecting directly to the RTMPS servers that Facebook use, but you might have some joy setting up a NGINX server and running it as a RTMP proxy. Don't know, haven't tried.

While you wait for DJI to implement the full support for streaming, maybe try using YouTube live streaming. That does allow open connections, providing RTMP URLs for streaming, rather than secure RTMPS ones.

Thanks, Nicodema,

It is a shame that things are getting worse with the Mavic 3 over the Mavic 2. I was so easy to go live on the Mavic 2 Smart controller. It was so easy on the Mavic 2 Smart Controller.
2021-12-20
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

ViperJD Posted at 12-20 13:01
Thanks, Nicodema,

It is a shame that things are getting worse with the Mavic 3 over the Mavic 2. I was so easy to go live on the Mavic 2 Smart controller. It was so easy on the Mavic 2 Smart Controller.

Yeah, it's frustrating that both the Mavic 3 and the RC Pro have both been launched with a lot of IOU features. They have said they will be implementing proper streaming but I can't see it being before January.
2021-12-20
Use props
fans84e16a9b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 247438 ft
  • >>>
United States

Any update on being able to use FB Live with the RC "Pro" remote?
2022-7-25
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules