930 5 2021-12-21
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_GKJesw5cBNDu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41909 ft
Malta

Hi everyone,
I had a run away case last month (remote lost connection and drone never returned) and after sending DJI the video of the flights + ensured everything was synced, they wanted the flight logs from the internal storage of my phone.
I couldn't provide these since they weren't written on the phone at the locations they said they should be.
I paid for a replacement drone and flew it yesterday for the first time on a new phone (just to ensure that it wasn't a phone issue).
After the flight, with auto sync of records switched on, I got to my internal storage, and again, no files are being written:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/e6u8rinnq8koz5g/Screen_Recording_20211220-190004_My%20Files.mp4?dl=0
What can the issue be here? And how do I get the app to write these files in internal storage? Any clues?
Thanks a lot.
Kevin

2021-12-21
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
The reasons for failed generation of flight records may be:
1. Fail to connect to the app when flying;
2. Use third-party software for flying;
3. Manually deletes the flight records.
And for your reference, after DJI FLY app v.1.4.12, the flight record can be found through this route on the computer:  /android/data/dji.go.v5/files/FlightRecord
2021-12-21
Use props
djiuser_GKJesw5cBNDu
lvl.1
Flight distance : 41909 ft
Malta

DJI Wanda Posted at 12-21 01:46
Hello, there. Sorry for your inconvenience.
The reasons for failed generation of flight records may be:
1. Fail to connect to the app when flying;

Thanks for your answer. However, it's not the case.

1. The app was connected all the time while flying. That's why the flight information is synced and I can access the flight records through the app.
2. No third party software is used.
3. No records were deleted.

Also, no information is found in the path that you gave me, even though I'm using a newer version (and the latest) DJI Fly app.

How can I get these flight logs to be written to internal memory? Thanks.
2021-12-21
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Perhaps use a computer to look rather than what looks like an in phone file browser. Try it on your old phone as well.
Also there is a thread or perhaps more than one thread in here or perhaps MavicPilots where, for entirely in-phone browsing, it may be necessaryto install a certain file browser, or something like that, and that the logs are currently invisible to an in-phone browser because of "permissions" and that the 'new' file browser perhaps changed these permissions.
Sorry the response is a bit vague but as I am unaffected by this problem the 'discussion' was of passing interest to me only. All my flight logs are visible to me via a windows computer but I am not sure if they are where this permission thing is in operation.
You would need to search this forum and or MavicPilots to find the thread/s, I often find a google works better than the in-forum search function.
2021-12-21
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Definitely connect to a PC to check the logs.
2021-12-21
Use props
Eoin 2021
lvl.2
Flight distance : 101870 ft
Ireland

djiuser_GKJesw5cBNDu Posted at 12-21 02:02
Thanks for your answer. However, it's not the case.

1. The app was connected all the time while flying. That's why the flight information is synced and I can access the flight records through the app.

As has been suggested here already connecting your phone (you use with the FLY app) to your PC and using your phone as an external drive search for the main subfolder 'Android' as opposed to the main subfolder 'DJI' and within the Android folder open 'data' and even though you don't use DJI GO 5 it's in that folder named 'dji.gov5' and again the subfolder 'files' and then scroll down to the folder 'FlightRecord' and your '.txt' flight records should be there.

Hopefully that works!
2021-12-21
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules