DJI Assistant 2 for Mac needs an update to work
2041 8 2021-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansf39a0da0
lvl.1
United States

Recently I downloaded and tried to run the DJI Assistant 2 for Mac, and it crashes immediately with a Terminal message that the software needs to be updated to work with mac os 11.6 Big Sir. So I'm sure it won't work with the newest OS as well, I am currently on OS 12.1.

Are your software developers working on an update for the latest MacOS's?
2021-12-22
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. I will cascade these information to the designated DJI department for further attention. Thank you.
2021-12-22
Use props
djiuser_uwpVTFs6jkFw
New

United States

I need DJI Assistant for Mac OS in order to update my RC firmware to match the version on my aircraft - 1.02. Please provide an Assistant that works on Mac. Or tell me another way to update the firmware.
2022-1-14
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

I too am in need of a working version for latest macOS.  I do have a Bootcamp Windows partition, but that version crashed......not blaming the software it could be Windows.  But we need a Mac version.

Edit--

WORKAROUND - NOT SUPPORTED

Got it working on macOS 12.1.  Cancel that initial error box about not being able to check for malicious software.  Next, go to Apple-->System preferences-->Security and Privacy-->General tab and look towards the bottom of that pane.  You will see a message that some unsigned software tried to run or something like that I forget the actual wording.  Click "allow anyway" and the installer will pick back up.  Cheers!
2022-1-22
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

Double post.
2022-1-22
Use props
fansf39a0da0
lvl.1
United States

dr6583 Posted at 1-22 02:21
I too am in need of a working version for latest macOS.  I do have a Bootcamp Windows partition, but that version crashed......not blaming the software it could be Windows.  But we need a Mac version.

Edit--

I was able to install the software fine, my issue is that it crashes immediately on trying to run the app.
2022-1-22
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

fansf39a0da0 Posted at 1-22 07:29
I was able to install the software fine, my issue is that it crashes immediately on trying to run the app.

I don't think I can help there or explain why I can run it and you can't other than to just again remind everyone (including DJI) that this is currently unsupported and we need a supported, working version for the Mac.
2022-1-23
Use props
milo8
lvl.2
Flight distance : 45512 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, this is my dilemma as well. Quite frustrating. I use both a Mavic 2 and Mavic 3 but the Mavic 2 requires sensor recalibration today and I am unable to do it. With a MacBook Pro to run the DJI Assistant 2 with  bootcamp/Windows 10 requires Windows purchase and over 128GB extra space which my MacBook doesn't have. Some support soon would help please. Thank you.
2022-2-10
Use props
djiuser_aRuarI6mCMbl
lvl.2
Flight distance : 2286237 ft
United Kingdom

I find this quiet poor to be honest. I just purchased a brand new macbook pro M2 to find I cant use DJI assistant. I run a drone business and need to use this, can I ask why since prior to ios 11 this has not had a resolution? We are now on ios 12.6! I just got the mac as windows laptop was stolen. I thought apple to do video editing and stuff, spent a fortune to find I cant even set up my drones on it Come on DJI, this comes across very poor in my opinion. Surely compatability is a priority to a consumer
I own DJI FPV, DJI mode 2 controller, Caddx Vista Units, DJI Air Units, Air 2s & mavic mini 2. What do I do now then....
2022-10-10
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules