DJI Assistant 2 (Mavic 2 Pro) Vision Calibration & Apple Mac.
4673 9 2021-12-22
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Stabo Media
lvl.1
Flight distance : 49583 ft
United States

Good Afternoon,

I successfully and painfully downloaded/installed the DJI Assistant 2 to New M1 Macbook running OS Monterey. The software reads the Mavic 2 Pro and will update or refresh versioning on Drone and Smart Remote. The issue I have is it will not launch Vision Calibration out of the Tutorial which is why I have been led down this Rabbit Hole in the first place. The button "Calibrate Now" is greyed out and the progress just hour glasses/spins. All software versions are up to date on Drone, Smart Controller, and Macbook. The Batteries are all charged at 100%. It doesn't run/launch at 100%, 75% or 50%. The screen display settings have been manipulated and still nothing. How am I suppose to focus on 100% Safety first and keep accurate maintainance logs if I can't get this warning to remove from the Smart Remote/History?! The Smart Controller Shows under Overall Status "Latest Firmware - Calibrating the Vision Sensors with DJO Assistant on a PC or Mac is recommended". Under Vision Section and IMU sections. All things are "Normal" and "Excellent".

1. Is DJI Assistant 2 not up to date and not focused on 100% safety/records for remote pilots?2. Is it a conflict with a newer Macbook and is there a work-around until DJI can provide an updated release so we can maintain flight safety/maintenance?
3. I am stuck and don't want to fly the drone until I know the fix/work-around is updated or released. Is this an erroneous/harmless warning and will go away in future release package?  Everything seems to be fine and drone/sensors seem to operate fine outside of this...

Thanks,

Jeff

2021-12-22
Use props
Dong ZeYuan
lvl.4
Flight distance : 57060 ft
United States

Thanks for sharing. good questions
2021-12-22
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI Assistant isnt compatible with the latest macOS,  best bet is to run a windows vm.
2021-12-23
Use props
Stabo Media
lvl.1
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-23 02:20
DJI Assistant isnt compatible with the latest macOS,  best bet is to run a windows vm.

Thanks - I am seeing this through many forum complaints and various versions/updates on both Mac and Windows. I am still dead in the water at this time and am forwarding all of these correspondence onto the FAA in Washington DC and the local Virginia FSDO office. This is not ok and extremely challenging for people to put Safety First when they also have laid out so much $$$ for these devices and leverage them to operate a small business. I have already spent 2 solid days and no fix. I also can't ask a friend or family member to borrow a Windows based PC, download software to their PC, and calibrate my drone on their PC.  

DJI needs to fix this problem and release an update for their software or provide the update in an easier manner to maintain updated software and put Safety as the highest priority. It appears all focus is on the newly released products and in my opinion this bricks me on this product or forces me to upgrade. I could fly this Mavic 2 Pro irresponsibly and disregard safety and I am sure many people out there do - but I will not...
2021-12-27
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Stabo Media Posted at 12-27 09:33
Thanks - I am seeing this through many forum complaints and various versions/updates on both Mac and Windows. I am still dead in the water at this time and am forwarding all of these correspondence onto the FAA in Washington DC and the local Virginia FSDO office. This is not ok and extremely challenging for people to put Safety First when they also have laid out so much $$$ for these devices and leverage them to operate a small business. I have already spent 2 solid days and no fix. I also can't ask a friend or family member to borrow a Windows based PC, download software to their PC, and calibrate my drone on their PC.  

DJI needs to fix this problem and release an update for their software or provide the update in an easier manner to maintain updated software and put Safety as the highest priority. It appears all focus is on the newly released products and in my opinion this bricks me on this product or forces me to upgrade. I could fly this Mavic 2 Pro irresponsibly and disregard safety and I am sure many people out there do - but I will not...

You could also roll back to an older version of Mac OS or use bootcamp.
2021-12-28
Use props
Mr. Strat
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4542854 ft
United States

DAFlys Posted at 12-28 01:47
You could also roll back to an older version of Mac OS or use bootcamp.

The M1 Macs can't do Bootcamp nor can they go back to an older version of MacOS.
2021-12-28
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Mr. Strat Posted at 12-28 20:10
The M1 Macs can't do Bootcamp nor can they go back to an older version of MacOS.

I completely missed where he said it was an M1.
2021-12-29
Use props
Sarge_
lvl.1
United States

I have the same exact issue on a 2020 M1 MacBook Pro running OS 11.6

6 months later, does anyone have a solution?
2022-6-6
Use props
Stabo Media
lvl.1
United States

I had a family member come down for weekend that has a newer windows based laptop. Downloaded and launched software and updated it with no problems. Then removed software from their laptop. Recently sold M2Pro and upgraded to Mavic 3. Honestly pathetic that I had to coordinate and do that as my work-around/fix for remediation…
2022-6-7
Use props
Airwavepirate
lvl.1
Australia

Yeah I'm currently in the same boat with this Bullsh*t. I have no windows systems to use, only Mac, wtf is going on DJI? Pathetic
2023-2-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules