Air 2S
1126 20 2021-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
Flight distance : 566043 ft
United States

I tried to fly my Air2s in a non-restricted zone, and and the altitude was restricted to 98ft and the distance was also restricted. Screen told me to log into my DJI account to continue flying. Any sugestions?
2021-12-25
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may want to check the location that you are flying on this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map to see if the area is within the DJI No-FLY ZONE. For more information about the restricted area, you may visit the link below. Thank you

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav
2021-12-26
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Were you logged into the app and or your DJI account?
2021-12-26
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-26 06:54
Were you logged into the app and or your DJI account?

I opened the APP on my I phone, There was no internet or WIFI connection. So Probably not logged into my account. So do I have to have internet connection in order to fly? (ugh hope not)
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 12-26 06:01
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out. You may want to check the location that you are flying on this link https://www.dji.com/flysafe/geo-map to see if the area is within the DJI No-FLY ZONE. For more information about the restricted area, you may visit the link below. Thank you

https://www.dji.com/flysafe?site=brandsite&from=nav

Thanks, but I was not in a restricted zone.
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

fans7548ac3b Posted at 12-27 12:08
I opened the APP on my I phone, There was no internet or WIFI connection. So Probably not logged into my account. So do I have to have internet connection in order to fly? (ugh hope not)

Once logged into the app you do not need to login again, UNLESS you log out or somehow get logged out. I think the latter happened to me once.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 12:20
Once logged into the app you do not need to login again, UNLESS you log out or somehow get logged out. I think the latter happened to me once.

I flew previously on many occasions, I was not able to log into my account as I had no internet access
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have just logged out of 1.5.4 and closed the app. On rebooting the app and connecting to a Mavic Mini I see a red warning message across the top of the screen to the effect that I am not logged in. After I log in that message disappears.
From that I would say that if you DO NOT see such a warning message then you are logged in PROVIDING no other warning messages exist. If there are other warning messages touch them to expand ther list and see what messages there are.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 13:34
I have just logged out of 1.5.4 and closed the app. On rebooting the app and connecting to a Mavic Mini I see a red warning message across the top of the screen to the effect that I am not logged in. After I log in that message disappears.
From that I would say that if you DO NOT see such a warning message then you are logged in PROVIDING no other warning messages exist. If there are other warning messages touch them to expand ther list and see what messages there are.

I have no internet access I can't log in which means I and can't fly. I wish DJI would have told me that BEFORE I bought it.
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

From page 2 of the Air 2s manual

"Make sure to use DJI Fly during flight. Scan the QR code on the right to download the
latest version.
The Android version of DJI Fly is compatible with Android v6.0 and later. The iOS version
of DJI Fly is compatible with iOS v11.0 and later.

* For increased safety, flight is restricted to a height of 98.4 ft (30 m) and range of 164 ft (50 m) when not
connected or logged into the app during flight. This applies to DJI Fly and all apps compatible with DJI
aircraft.      "

Perhaps you could post a screen capture of your phone's screen when you attempt to fly.

2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 13:56
From page 2 of the Air 2s manual

"Make sure to use DJI Fly during flight. Scan the QR code on the right to download the

That's the message what was @ the top of the screen (restricted to 98' etc) I was using the DJI app.
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Uuuum I am confused, you say you have no internet access yet here you are, posting, I assume, on and via the internet.
Up until now I was thinking abou and trying to answer your "So do I have to have internet connection in order to fly? (ugh hope not)" question.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 14:08
Uuuum I am confused, you say you have no internet access yet here you are, posting, I assume, on and via the internet.
Up until now I was thinking abou and trying to answer your "So do I have to have internet connection in order to fly? (ugh hope not)" question.

Just to clarify:
Bought the done, downloaded the appropriate DJI app (DJI Fly) flew the drone near my house (where I have internet access via Wifi. All went well.

Turned off the drone, closed the app, drove to a location away from my home, with no internet access.

Opened the same appropriate DJI app, tried to fly the drone, got a message indicating that flight was limited to 98'. Thus rendering the drone worthless.
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

So can you log in now whilst you are at home with an internet connection?
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 14:56
So can you log in now whilst you are at home with an internet connection?

yes no problems @ home. Full internet access.  Fly's great.
Leave home (no internet access) fly's restricted.
2021-12-27
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

and when you leave home and it does not fly do you get that warning message each and every time? If so I am stuck.
A guess would be
1) back up any flight logs that exist to computer then,
2) unistall and reinstall the app.
If that doesn't work try a search, using a windows computer, for folders with the name "dji.go.v5", delete those folders and their contents ( my computer finds two such folders in a phone with 1.5.4  installed, I  have also found two similar folders in a phone with an earlier version of the app).
Reinstall the app.
If that doesnt work try a phone that has not had the App installed on it.
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-27 15:33
and when you leave home and it does not fly do you get that warning message each and every time? If so I am stuck.
A guess would be
1) back up any flight logs that exist to computer then,

Thanks will do
2021-12-27
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
Flight distance : 490627 ft
United States

This may be obvious, but do you have cellular data enabled?
2021-12-27
Use props
fans7548ac3b
lvl.1
United States

dr6583 Posted at 12-27 22:42
This may be obvious, but do you have cellular data enabled?

yes, it was.
2021-12-28
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

Then I am at a loss.  I have no problem signing in and loading maps over cellular data.  Maybe turn on hotspot and connect WiFi to it?
2021-12-28
Use props
dr6583
Second Officer
United States

dr6583 Posted at 12-28 07:35
Then I am at a loss.  I have no problem signing in and loading maps over cellular data.  Maybe turn on hotspot and connect WiFi to it?

Sorry to keep coming back to this, but it makes no sense to me you can't login over cellular data.  Do you have any issues using cellular data in general when away from WiFi, i.e. load web pages, email, etc?  If you can't, turn on cellular roaming and see if that makes any difference.

If you can access the internet over cellular data, the Fly app should login no problem.  If you are having problems connecting to the internet in general over cellular, contact your carrier for support and/or Apple or Android support.  I'm assuming you actually have cellular coverage at the location.  Other than that I'm at a loss.  Good luck!
2021-12-31
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules