4683 15 2021-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fansbea42060
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1686007 ft
  • >>>
United States

Hello, I got a Fly More Combo and just grabbed a DJI RC Pro Controller. Love the thing but it keeps disconnecting from the drone. Active Track just doesn't work. The controller glitches and sometimes it won't see that I'm on a vehicle and then it freezes and the drone just starts flying where ever it thinks I am. Glad the pause button works because the drone took off towards some power lines. have had about 10 disconnects on 1.5 batteries and just gave up on the active track.

any solutions?
2021-12-25
Use props
DDW
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1361138 ft
United States

I returned mine for this very reason.  I would lose connection for 30-50 seconds after 1st battery then occasionally on 2nd/3rd batteries.  Don't even get me started on the GPS lock issue.  All they wanted me to do was return both the M3 and RC Pro, without even bothering to look at logs.  I flat out don't get it.  I'm back on my trusty Air 2S with an iPad mini and will likely keep this one for the foreseeable future.
2021-12-26
Use props
Joe Wrkshp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

That’s horrible. Hopefully they come out with a fix. This drone is a mess.
2021-12-26
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

DDW Posted at 12-26 12:23
I returned mine for this very reason.  I would lose connection for 30-50 seconds after 1st battery then occasionally on 2nd/3rd batteries.  Don't even get me started on the GPS lock issue.  All they wanted me to do was return both the M3 and RC Pro, without even bothering to look at logs.  I flat out don't get it.  I'm back on my trusty Air 2S with an iPad mini and will likely keep this one for the foreseeable future.

Oh, that doesn't sound good at all ...
2021-12-27
Use props
fans688d9c52
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4599314 ft
Chile

Problema de desconexión del RC pro con el Mavic3, yo tengo el mismo problema  sin solución por parte de DJI a la fecha. Estoy conversando con otros usuarios que tiene en mismo problema y lo que procede es hacer una denuncia colectiva. Por la venta de un producto que no cumple las prestaciones ofrecidas.
2021-12-27
Use props
djiuser_40F2njSoGa1M
lvl.2
Flight distance : 1006240 ft
  • >>>
United States

I have that problem as well. I bought a fly more combo from amazon and then ordered the RC Pro from DJI. After flying it awhile, I have isolated the problem to the RC Pro as I have not been able to recreate disconnect on the RC-N1. I have tried refreshing the firmware on both the RC Pro and the Mavic 3, but that only reduced the number of disconnects.

Before firmware update 770, I noticed that the disconnect was not actually a disconnection at all, but a drop out of the downlink. The uplink would still be active and would allow some limited control. I could actually fly it around VLOS in some cases. When DJI released 770, they apparently fixed it so that the drop out would trigger a return to home after a set amount of time.  When I viewed the logs on Airdata UAV, the logs would show a complete signal loss during the time period of partial control or terminate the log.

What I also observed was that the controller appeared to behave worse in situations when more load was being put on it, like trying to do a focus track while close to the ground when an Airsense alert came down. So, I tried to fly it in a manner that reduces the amount info coming in and cleaned out the internal  memory before each flight and that appeared to help.

What I suspect is that this not a signal interruption issue, but a memory management and processor issue as the result of buggy firmware.
2021-12-28
Use props
Joe Wrkshp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

djiuser_40F2njSoGa1M Posted at 12-28 16:33
I have that problem as well. I bought a fly more combo from amazon and then ordered the RC Pro from DJI. After flying it awhile, I have isolated the problem to the RC Pro as I have not been able to recreate disconnect on the RC-N1. I have tried refreshing the firmware on both the RC Pro and the Mavic 3, but that only reduced the number of disconnects.

Before firmware update 770, I noticed that the disconnect was not actually a disconnection at all, but a drop out of the downlink. The uplink would still be active and would allow some limited control. I could actually fly it around VLOS in some cases. When DJI released 770, they apparently fixed it so that the drop out would trigger a return to home after a set amount of time.  When I viewed the logs on Airdata UAV, the logs would show a complete signal loss during the time period of partial control or terminate the log.

I wonder if this could be fixed via firmware. Also DJI haven’t replied to this thread so makes me wonder if they are avoiding it.
2021-12-29
Use props
aairon
lvl.2
Flight distance : 72831 ft

United States

Joe Wrkshp Posted at 12-29 06:52
I wonder if this could be fixed via firmware. Also DJI haven’t replied to this thread so makes me wonder if they are avoiding it.

Even if they do reply it will be the robot moderator suggesting you try the things you already publicly posted that you tried, Pretty much useless.
2021-12-29
Use props
Joe Wrkshp
lvl.2
  • >>>
United States

aairon Posted at 12-29 07:01
Even if they do reply it will be the robot moderator suggesting you try the things you already publicly posted that you tried, Pretty much useless.

True. DJI needs to slow down releasing stupid gimbal cameras that no real professional will ever use and focus on their real products.
2021-12-29
Use props
fans4e47407b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 31492467 ft
  • >>>
Canada

Just got the rc pro to go with my standard m3 kit a couple days ago. Never was able to even fly the thing. Within a minute it would disconnect and the mavic would land. Would link back up and I would hover again and within a minute same thing. Obviously not working nor safe to even attempt to fly with this remote. Today I let it just sit on the desk and looked at a few things. With my rc pro and mavic combo the issue seems to be with the 2.4 band. It simply wont stay connected. Switch it manually over to the 5.8 band and in 30min I didn't experience a single drop out or disconnect. Very odd but 2.4ghz band for me seems to be the reason for my disconnets. Why I have no clue. Is it the rc or the quad? I have no way to test another mavic to see. Both bands are rock solid on the stock rc in the exact same location so it should not be from interference.
2022-1-1
Use props
NGC
Second Officer
Flight distance : 50003 ft
  • >>>
United States

Tip: the author has been banned or deleted automatically shield
2022-1-2
Use props
Buzzyone
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4647913 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

There have been plenty reports of RCpro's suffering from disconnects very close in.

Don't spend time messing with it too much, refresh the firmware, re-link, if it still does it, send back. Yes its a PITA but you want a reliable RC to drone connection, I can easily get 1000m in the UK without any disconnects, I can't recall getting any TBH. If you're getting them at a few hundred feet then it's faulty.
2022-1-2
Use props
We Are South
lvl.1
Flight distance : 40738 ft
Chile

Same problem here. Got my Mavic 3 cine premium combo in february.  Consistently through our shoots It keeps disconnecting, even when the drone is landed or a less than 10 mts away, making us waste precious production time & resources. Any tips?
2022-6-24
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Just for my Curiosity what is the location with those having issues ……I live in California USA and have no issues with my RC PRO Controller……..
2022-6-24
Use props
MHM
Second Officer

United States

Just for my Curiosity what is the location with those having issues ……I live in California USA and have no issues with my RC PRO Controller……..
2022-6-24
Use props
Nadronet
lvl.1
Flight distance : 18025 ft
United States

MHM Posted at 6-24 20:13

I just got my RC Pro yesterday and am having this disconnect issue. I'm in Texas. I wasn't even outside and had the drone only a foot away from the controller.  I watched it disconnect several times!! I just tried a 5 minute flight outside and had yet another disconnect. I've run all the firmware updates. I'm going to be returning this and going with an iPad mini. For the price of that controller, this is completely unacceptable.
2022-7-15
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules