Controller keeps rebooting
759 4 2021-12-25
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

Hello all,

I am flying a Mavic 2 Pro and using the Smart Controller.  I updated everything a couple of days ago and now when I am flying the drone the controller keeps rebooting and I have to keep re-entering the flight....all while my drone is hoovering. I lost a good amount of footage today because the controller kept doing this in the middle of a video.  I am not sure what to do as I've tried everything I know except to try to uninstall and reinstall the software.  

Has anyone had this issue (it's brand new since the update) and how to solve?
Also, it keeps telling there is inconsistent firmware. Although it's updated, the controller keeps telling me I have inconsistent firmware for the save version. So I go agead and field update it, says I am good to go.  Fly it and the controller keeps rebooting.  Get the drone back, put in a new battery, relaunch and it says inconsistent firmware for the same version I just updated.  

Something is really wrong here.

Joe

2021-12-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I'd be inclined to either refresh the firmware or, if you can, go back to the earlier firmware....and leave it there.
The inconsistant firmware thing may be referring to the firmware on the battery not matching that on the drone etc. don't touch it until you decide if you are going to go back to the old firmware.

2021-12-25
Use props
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 12-25 15:52
I'd be inclined to either refresh the firmware or, if you can, go back to the earlier firmware....and leave it there.
The inconsistant firmware thing may be referring to the firmware on the battery not matching that on the drone etc. don't touch it until you decide if you are going to go back to the old firmware.

Is there a link you can share on how to refresh the firmware? I'm not finding much on Google. Much appreciated.
2021-12-25
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Install and open assistant 2 for mavic on your computer, switch the drone on and connect it to thecomputer via the USB-C port on the drone.
In Assistant 2 for mavic click on the dorne's icon and you should be presented with various options including firmware, click on firmware and you may see various options including refresh the current firmware or revert to previous firmware. Make your choice.
Just make sure the drone remains on (other than any automated switch ofs that might happen) and connected to the computer until the whatever has finished/
2021-12-25
Use props
Joe_Diver
lvl.2

United States

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 2021-12-25 20:58
Install and open assistant 2 for mavic on your computer, switch the drone on and connect it to thecomputer via the USB-C port on the drone.
In Assistant 2 for mavic click on the dorne's icon and you should be presented with various options including firmware, click on firmware and you may see various options including refresh the current firmware or revert to previous firmware. Make your choice.
Just make sure the drone remains on (other than any automated switch ofs that might happen) and connected to the computer until the whatever has finished/

So I have re-installed the firmware on the Mavic, the Controller and updated the Go-4 software and the controller still reboots mid flight.  Since this happened after the last update I am concluding it must be a software glitch in their last update.  There really is nothing more I can do except a roll back to see if that solves the issue.

Such a shame. If the controller decides not to come back on at all I'll lose my drone.  So it's grounded until I can find a solution. The safty side alone you'd think DJI would look into this. I've seen posts from others with the same issue.  Assume the controller turns off and decides to never come back on, your drone is lost and falls wherever on whatever.
2022-1-2
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules