Binding/Linking Temporary Controller
875 3 2021-12-27
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 573484 ft
United States

I'm having some trouble understanding how this works/or doesn't.
I have an old smart controller and the new rc pro as well as the stock remote (mini2 and air2s). I would like to be able to change the controller I use at times. I fully understand the linking process and I'm ok with having to link the controller each time I switch. Where I'm having trouble is the binding.

Is the drone bound to my DJI account, or a specific controller?
Are there issues to unbinding and rebinding many times?

It seems like I shouldn't have to unbind the controller just link a different one when they are all on the same DJI account.

The last time I tried linking it said I could use this controller 5 times but then would be unable to without unbinding.

Could someone explain how this works in detail?

There are times I will need to switch from the RC pro to the old smart controller so I can use the camera view from the HDMI while broadcasting in a multicam shoot. Or, should I have a failure or battery problem I want to be able to switch fairly quickly and continue working without having to swtich drones.
2021-12-27
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.
Just create a new thread here : https://forum.dji.com/forum-129-1.html and select the right category / subcategory.
2021-12-28
Use props
fans4c30b43b
lvl.2
Flight distance : 573484 ft
United States

Montfrooij Posted at 12-28 01:01
Hi!
You might be better off posting your question in the 'products' section of this forum.
That is way more active.

tnks will do
2021-12-28
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

You're welcome!
2021-12-28
Use props