Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
parallax.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4450860 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

DJI please fix the controller settings.
Please allow us to adjust gain / sensitivity in every axis.

Try flying smoothly while yawing or panning to the side for a shot - the new (old, terrible, cheap, non pro) controller + lack of adjustments make this impossible.

I get that 'cool' AI features sell drones.

But dont make the basic manual features WORSE.

Please fix it by at least allowing us to change gain, sensitivity of each axis. Please.
(Also while you're at it please add a landing protection switch so we can land on uneven and moving surfaces, like every other drone ever made, AND a full color preview for Dlog so we can actually see what we're shooting in dlog rather than seeing washed out colors)

Thanks.

DLOG FULL COLOR PREVIEW.jpg
GAIN CONTROL.png
LANDING PROTECTION DISABLE.jpg
2021-12-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 97545420 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely 100% agree to these points. If DJI wants people to think that the Mavic 3 is the successor to the Mavic 2, they need to make a step forward, not backward in functionality.
2021-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
Flight distance : 9827923 ft
  • >>>
Ireland

I’m not finding this. Panning and yawing I find fine, the colour preview is coming there are many videos showing this.
Go to 1.07 on video you’ll see its pretty smooth and this was videoed in 22mph wind .

2021-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

Also this might help.

2021-12-29
Use props
parallax.
lvl.2
Flight distance : 4450860 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

That is helpful thanks, I think they added those settings very recently, as I checked after the 10/12 update and didn't see the deg/sec setting. Thanks.
2021-12-29
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 14:26
Also this might help.

https://youtu.be/3mXbCXS0t_s

“Taming the beast” JFC, it’s a little drone which the end users can’t adjust the settings.
2021-12-29
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 12-29 16:22
“Taming the beast” JFC, it’s a little drone which the end users can’t adjust the settings.

Its a little drone that many have tamed, I don’t believe this drone is any harder to tame than Air 2s or M2p zoom etc. I own all these drones and I can fly them all pretty smoothly, in fact the Mavic3 has more options in settings than Air2s did for the last 12 months and I never had a single problem trying to fly that drone smoothly in fact Air2s flys more smoothly than M2p with all its settings.

I’m not talking about Active Track we’ve all seen erratic flying in forests etc with bypass on , but thats a whole other kettle of fish. Maybe post this erratic or bad footage that can only be done with Mavic3 as it is now. But my guess is you’ll get plenty of good footage that can be achieved right now with Mavic3 . I think just like other drones optimizations will improve flight but thats the case with all drones. I have yet to get one that flys perfect out of the box
2021-12-29
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there parallax. Thank you for reaching out and for sharing these information with us. I will forward these information to the designated DJI department for attention. Thank you.
2021-12-29
Use props
Montfrooij
Captain
Flight distance : 2560453 ft
  • >>>
Netherlands

hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 14:26
Also this might help.

https://youtu.be/3mXbCXS0t_s

Good video for sure!
2021-12-30
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

+1 needs some updates to compete with the M2P.
2021-12-30
Use props
yogi053
Second Officer
Flight distance : 26104915 ft
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 11:57
I’m not finding this. Panning and yawing I find fine, the colour preview is coming there are many videos showing this.
Go to 1.07 on video you’ll see its pretty smooth and this was videoed in 22mph wind .

Seen this clip before, but didn't mind watching it again. Cheers hallmark.
2021-12-30
Use props
DJI Wanda
Administrator

Hello, there. Thanks for your advice. We have forwarded it to our designated teams. Please kindly know that.
2021-12-30
Use props
CloudVisual
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

hallmark007 Posted at 12-29 17:48
Its a little drone that many have tamed, I don’t believe this drone is any harder to tame than Air 2s or M2p zoom etc. I own all these drones and I can fly them all pretty smoothly, in fact the Mavic3 has more options in settings than Air2s did for the last 12 months and I never had a single problem trying to fly that drone smoothly in fact Air2s flys more smoothly than M2p with all its settings.

I’m not talking about Active Track we’ve all seen erratic flying in forests etc with bypass on , but thats a whole other kettle of fish. Maybe post this erratic or bad footage that can only be done with Mavic3 as it is now. But my guess is you’ll get plenty of good footage that can be achieved right now with Mavic3 . I think just like other drones optimizations will improve flight but thats the case with all drones. I have yet to get one that flys perfect out of the box

But it doesn't need 'taming' it's a drone which can fly out of the box and even someone with absolutely no experience could realistically fly.

A drone which needs taming is something like an S900/S1000 which someone will build and have to construct the drone and program the flight controller so that it can simply takeoff and hover. A beginner would find it impossible to build one of these and get it tuned without a lot of help. Even the professionals  will battle with the settings to get it perfectly tuned.

I'm not sure if you've ever flown anything like the S900/1000 or heavy lift before, but these make the M3 seem like flying with cheat mode turned on...! There is absolutely no taming, because the settings just aren't there to adjust the flight parameters enough to make that much of a difference.

So in effect, the taming has already been done by DJI because they've remapped the controls to link the yaw and directional inputs, something I've spoken at lengths about here: https://forum.dji.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=256237. If you want a wide fast sweeping shot you can't get it now because full yaw will make the drone do little circles now.

The M3 does not fly like other drones and therefore people are being forced to learn new styles to fly, this isn't taming, it's making us go against everything we've learned to naturally do.

Edit: I looked at that thread and it was you who agreed that the Yaw issue existed...

2021-12-30
Use props
hallmark007
Captain
  • >>>
Ireland

CloudVisual Posted at 12-30 04:33
But it doesn't need 'taming' it's a drone which can fly out of the box and even someone with absolutely no experience could realistically fly.

A drone which needs taming is something like an S900/S1000 which someone will build and have to construct the drone and program the flight controller so that it can simply takeoff and hover. A beginner would find it impossible to build one of these and get it tuned without a lot of help. Even the professionals  will battle with the settings to get it perfectly tuned.

I did agree , but simply because I was flying in bypass mode. It flys pretty much perfect in break mode and flys as good as any drone I have. Why not post what it is your talking about .

The M3 does not fly like other drones and therefore people are being forced to learn new styles to fly, this isn't taming, it's making us go against everything we've learned to naturally do.

Not sure I would go that far.

Incidentally I fly Matrice 600 surveying wind turbines on and off shore , so coping with flying is not a problem.

2021-12-30
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I think "taming" is a personal point of view that we could argue about until end of times, and it's all a matter of perspective.  In reality, the desire is to have confidence in the done (call it "taming" or not).  Like Hallmark, I have found that the M3 gained my confidence when it's not in "bypass" mode (it flies just as well as all my other drones I have or had owned).  I still use "bypass", but sparingly and in limited situations.  And like Hallmark, I have found that every drone I have purchased early in the product life cycle (I'm an early adopter) has had challenges that were worked out over time.  I'm confident that the M3 will get better as updates roll out.
2021-12-30
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules