Message to DJI : right version of DJI Assistant 2
2687 14 2021-12-30
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JMP84
lvl.1

France

Dear Sir, Dear Madam,

I would like to know which version of DJI Assistant 2 is fully compatible with the MAVIK AIR 2 and its remote control (RC).
For your information, V2.0.14 seems to be compatible with the MAVIK AIR 2 but not with its RC (message "Cannot load firmware list. Please retry." and this problem cannot be solved by reloading DJI Assistant 2 or by resetting the web connection...).
Some forum members talk about the version "DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series), 2.1.8" as being compatible with the MAVI AIR 2 and its RC. But the MAVIK AIR 2 is not in the list of compatible products?
Remember that this recurrent problem can potentially involve the safety of flights.

Once and for all, what is the right and fully fonctionnal version of DJI Assistant 2 for the MAVIK AIR 2 and its remote control ?
Many thanks in advance.
JMP84
2021-12-30
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 1722 ft
  • >>>
United States

I use DJI Assistant 2 (V2.0.14) with my Mavic Air 2.  It works on drone and RC.  Sometime back I did have a one time problem like you are describing.  I signed out of my DJI account on the Fly App and DJI Assistant 2.  Then I closed and reloaded Assistant 2, signed in and haven't had that issue again.  Not sure if it works for you but worth a try.  
2021-12-31
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 12-31 07:55
I use DJI Assistant 2 (V2.0.14) with my Mavic Air 2.  It works on drone and RC.  Sometime back I did have a one time problem like you are describing.  I signed out of my DJI account on the Fly App and DJI Assistant 2.  Then I closed and reloaded Assistant 2, signed in and haven't had that issue again.  Not sure if it works for you but worth a try.

Have you tried it lately?  As in the last couple weeks?  "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.14" no longer works for the Mavic Air 2 RC.  No amount of reinstalling, logging out, logging in, etc. fixes the problem.  It still works with the Drone, but cannot find firmware for the Mavic Air 2 RC.

"DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" (v2.0.14) has not been updated since April-2020.   It has been abandoned.

"DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" was updated in Nov-2020 to support Mavic Air 2 and Mavic Air 2 RC (read the release notes).  It continues to be updated regularly for new models as well.  

DJI should change the "Mavic Air 2 Downloads Page" to refer to the newer "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)".   Technically, the inability for the old v2.0.14 to find firmware is likely a server-side issue which could be fixed by DJI.  But since "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" is regularly updated, and since it added Mavic Air 2 compatibility in Nov-2020, simply directing Mavic Air 2 owners to "DJI Assitant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" makes more sense.
2021-12-31
Use props
JMP84
lvl.1

France

Dear DowntownRDB and dear Scott108,
as you can see, I wrote a message to DJI. In my opinion, it's DJI's responsability to solve this kind of problem. Few weeks ago, I had an issue on my MAVIK AIR 2 after updating the firmwares. On normal mode, the roll axis stick was inactive while it was OK on tripod and sport mode. I sent a message on the forum and a "super moderator" answered. He told me to try reloading the firmwares. This is what I tried to do with "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" (v2.0.14)" without success.
I definitely consider that DJI must give us the right procedure. I'm still waiting for an answer from them !
Best regards and happy new year.
JMP84
2021-12-31
Use props
kiminx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 149032 ft
Indonesia

JMP84 Posted at 12-31 10:09
as you can see, I wrote a message to DJI. In my opinion, it's DJI's responsability to solve this kind of problem. Few weeks ago, I had an issue on my MAVIK AIR 2 after updating the firmwares. On normal mode, the roll axis stick was inactive while it was OK on tripod and sport mode. I sent a message on the forum and a "super moderator" answered. He told me to try reloading the firmwares. This is what I tried to do with "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" (v2.0.14)" without success.
I definitely consider that DJI must give us the right procedure. I'm still waiting for an answer from them !

i used dji ass 2 ver 2.1.8 for MA2 and RC without any problems.
2021-12-31
Use props
JMP84
lvl.1

France

kiminx, thank you for this information.
Best reagrds ans happy new year.
JMP84
2022-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

JMP84 Posted at 2021-12-31 10:09
as you can see, I wrote a message to DJI. In my opinion, it's DJI's responsability to solve this kind of problem. Few weeks ago, I had an issue on my MAVIK AIR 2 after updating the firmwares. On normal mode, the roll axis stick was inactive while it was OK on tripod and sport mode. I sent a message on the forum and a "super moderator" answered. He told me to try reloading the firmwares. This is what I tried to do with "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" (v2.0.14)" without success.

Hope they get back to you with a viable response.  

Happy New Year!
2022-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Scott108 Posted at 2021-12-31 08:47
Have you tried it lately?  As in the last couple weeks?  "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic 2.0.14" no longer works for the Mavic Air 2 RC.  No amount of reinstalling, logging out, logging in, etc. fixes the problem.  It still works with the Drone, but cannot find firmware for the Mavic Air 2 RC.

"DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" (v2.0.14) has not been updated since April-2020.   It has been abandoned.

Scott, I just used it last on Dec 27, 2021.  Worked fine then.  Based on your input I will be using the Consumer Drone Series version going forward.

Happy New Year!
2022-1-1
Use props
Scott108
lvl.4
Flight distance : 314419 ft
United States

DowntownRDB Posted at 1-1 05:05
Scott, I just used it last on Dec 27, 2021.  Worked fine then.  Based on your input I will be using the Consumer Drone Series version going forward.

Happy New Year!

The old version ("DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, 2.0.14") does still work for the MA2 drone. But when connecting the MA2-RC, no firmware is found so the RC cannot be updated.  Best guess is that DJI changed some folder structure server-side, or perhaps just didn't add latest MA2-RC firmware to the location the older "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" uses when searching for firmware.

Either way, the release notes for "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" indicate it was updated for MA2 and the MA2 RC in Nov-2020.  And it is confirmed to work for both the MA2 and MA2-RC.  

Clearly DJI programmers intended this newer software ("DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)") to be used for the MA2 and MA2-RC beginning Nov-2020.  But whoever maintains the web site didn't get the memo, so the "Mavic Air 2 Downloads" page still refers to the old package.

Love the DJI drones -- but the support side of the company could use some work.  
2022-1-1
Use props
Mathuin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209616 ft
United States

I'm super excited about trying the DJI Assistant 2 but unfortunately it doesn't work on MacOS 12.1 :-( Any idea when it will be updated?
2022-1-1
Use props
DowntownRDB
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United States

Scott108 Posted at 1-1 09:50
The old version ("DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic, 2.0.14") does still work for the MA2 drone. But when connecting the MA2-RC, no firmware is found so the RC cannot be updated.  Best guess is that DJI changed some folder structure server-side, or perhaps just didn't add latest MA2-RC firmware to the location the older "DJI Assistant 2 for Mavic" uses when searching for firmware.

Either way, the release notes for "DJI Assistant 2 (Consumer Drone Series)" indicate it was updated for MA2 and the MA2 RC in Nov-2020.  And it is confirmed to work for both the MA2 and MA2-RC.  

Love the DJI drones -- but the support side of the company could use some work.

Indeed they do.  

2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_Xudcl4R4vLt2
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

Mathuin Posted at 1-1 16:03
I'm super excited about trying the DJI Assistant 2 but unfortunately it doesn't work on MacOS 12.1 :-( Any idea when it will be updated?

Go to the downloads for the Mavic 3 and download the DJI Assistant from there. That will get you to the Mac version 2.1.8 which does work. I just downloaded that version for mine (MacOS 12.1) and it does work as described above.

V2.1.8
It would be nice if that was the link provided in the download section for the Mavic Air 2.

2022-1-9
Use props
GWX777
lvl.1
Flight distance : 1430 ft
Sri Lanka

I too used the "DJI Assistant (Consumer Drone Series)" to update my RC firmware as I was getting same error as OP with "DJI Assistant 2". Cheers!
2022-1-11
Use props
Mathuin
lvl.1
Flight distance : 209616 ft
United States

djiuser_Xudcl4R4vLt2 Posted at 1-9 15:23
Go to the downloads for the Mavic 3 and download the DJI Assistant from there. That will get you to the Mac version 2.1.8 which does work. I just downloaded that version for mine (MacOS 12.1) and it does work as described above.

V2.1.8

Huh!  I tried it and got nowhere.  I think it's not detecting the drone on the USB cable.  I'm using one of the M1 Macs, so maybe the driver doesn't yet work with Apple Silicon.  Are you using an Intel Mac?
2022-1-12
Use props
fans1d451f0e
lvl.4
Flight distance : 3977520 ft
United States

Mathuin Posted at 1-12 22:35
Huh!  I tried it and got nowhere.  I think it's not detecting the drone on the USB cable.  I'm using one of the M1 Macs, so maybe the driver doesn't yet work with Apple Silicon.  Are you using an Intel Mac?

Yes - a 2016 MacBook Pro.
2022-1-27
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules