I lost my FPV Drone today! Crash?!
2037 13 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Payman1
lvl.1
Flight distance : 169327 ft
United Kingdom

Hi guys, my first ever post. Happy New year!

Sadly today (keeping this as close to the point as possible) My  12 year old son, took a flight and after a few minutes, he said "dad,  i think i lost the drone.. a bird hit it!!'
After the checking the footage  it does seem he had hit or was hit by some birds! I have attached a crap short clip just videoed off the macbook for quick sending!

I guess im reaching out as i was and am so upset. Only had this just a couple of weeks and today I lost it in the water!  We all did make an attemp to find it walking through the marsh etc but no luck finding it!

I guess Im reaching out.....why did it just drop? surely a bird would be hurt by hitting it? how did it just go boom and go off air instantly!!!   

Please tell me your thoughts.Im so frutrated and about to buy another one as i got all the accessories here and more! extra battteries, motion stick etc,,etc,,

Payman
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Payman. I am sorry to read and to know what happened to your DJI FPV drone and thank you for reaching out. Since this unfortunate incident happened and you have lost the said DJI drone. I would recommend for you to contact our DJI Support Team at https://www.dji.com/support?site=brandsite&from=nav for further assistance. We have a team that will do there best to help you and give out the best resolution for the said issue. Again, I am sorry for your loss and thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Thanks for your reply.
I had a quick look at the link but nothing mentions ‘losing your drone’ so my best guess is not to waste anyone’s time, accept this and buy another combo tomorrow and make the most of the second goggles for spectator use etc.  Buying the full package again makes more financial sense!   This isn’t really a choice.  I can’t just leave it after so much money spent on accessories even flight cases! So I’ll hold my breath and buy another and be done with it.
Kind regards.
Payman.
2022-1-2
Use props
djiuser_nAcyoyygtZhi
lvl.2
United States

Payman1 Posted at 1-2 09:58
Thanks for your reply.
I had a quick look at the link but nothing mentions ‘losing your drone’ so my best guess is not to waste anyone’s time, accept this and buy another combo tomorrow and make the most of the second goggles for spectator use etc.  Buying the full package again makes more financial sense!   This isn’t really a choice.  I can’t just leave it after so much money spent on accessories even flight cases! So I’ll hold my breath and buy another and be done with it.
Kind regards.

Did you not get the fly away coverage? They replace it if you can not find it!
2022-1-3
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

No I didn’t.   Actually I bought a new one today !!
I know it’s expensive but what choice did I have ?  Just leave it ??
No.   It wasn’t even me that lost it !!!
2022-1-3
Use props
Fishdip
lvl.2
United States

Payman1 Posted at 1-3 14:48
No I didn’t.   Actually I bought a new one today !!
I know it’s expensive but what choice did I have ?  Just leave it ??
No.   It wasn’t even me that lost it !!!

I mean it is not too bad considering, but I would recommend the fly away protection this time.
2022-1-4
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok thanks.  
I have a new issue! My first second flight of the new drone ans after all the firmware updated.  The controller struggled twice to connect.   I got ‘signal lost twice’.   Came home and tried one last time in garden but it worked which is worse as I don’t know what the problem is.   I might need to take this back to the store tomorrow ??
2022-1-5
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

Payman1 Posted at 1-5 13:39
Ok thanks.  
I have a new issue! My first second flight of the new drone ans after all the firmware updated.  The controller struggled twice to connect.   I got ‘signal lost twice’.   Came home and tried one last time in garden but it worked which is worse as I don’t know what the problem is.   I might need to take this back to the store tomorrow ??

I had this issue also I found having everything close fixed the issue for me. I would try taking it back out and see if you can make the issue happen in the same location.
2022-1-5
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hi
Sadly it didn’t work this morning so I took it back to store.  Will collect new one tomorrow morning as they had to order one in for me.   I hope soon I can concentrate more on just learning to fly rather than troubleshooting.  Thanks for your message
2022-1-6
Use props
fishdip.
lvl.2
United States

Payman1 Posted at 1-6 05:08
Hi
Sadly it didn’t work this morning so I took it back to store.  Will collect new one tomorrow morning as they had to order one in for me.   I hope soon I can concentrate more on just learning to fly rather than troubleshooting.  Thanks for your message

That sucks! lol. keep in mind the also have a really cool flying app for the phone that you can download and practices with.
2022-1-6
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Just collected my new drone and all
Connected and charging.  
My question is, will it interfere with old drone if I connect and use it with my DJI fly app to update firmware?
Just wondering if I need to delete something first so everything wortks out ;)
2022-1-7
Use props
Solidarity
Second Officer
Flight distance : 4512966 ft
  • >>>
United States

Sorry to hear that, I know the pain, after a couple of days of owning the mini 2 I crashed it into my house but I hope all goes well and you get a replacement.
2022-1-13
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Hello.  
Thank you.  Yes.  I already have my replacement and flown it a couple of times but nervously! Waiting for Better weather to carry on with this newly found hobby.   Even got my flyer and operator ids
2022-1-13
Use props
Payman1
lvl.1
United Kingdom

Ok so now I crashes my drone in  a tree and some some damage!!!

My question is can I buy parts direct from DJI? Seems my best bet is eBay for the parts I need.   Sadly I managed to break the middle body!!!! The bottom sensor came
Off but not damaged, just the bottom plate.   Also the ribbon connecting to the sensor.   

Everything else seem to work normally including the camera ans gimble abs error message in goggles refer to only the sensor below that is ripped off.  

Any help is appreciated

Thank you

Payman
7EE897BF-C3F7-47B9-88CD-477E4A6221D4.jpeg
CC1EE932-FC71-432A-AB4E-97BCCD77612B.jpeg
F5BBE551-DC9E-43F4-9A0A-760AC9CCFA1D.jpeg
7286BCA3-7B81-4849-B80A-90935DA810E1.jpeg
E827094C-7129-49A8-9CE7-6136DCED00F1.jpeg
2022-2-6
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now