Videos Choppy
1995 7 2022-1-1
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
CoachTooz
lvl.1
Flight distance : 224813 ft
United States

Happy New Year. I splurged and bought the Mavic 3 drone, and was out messing around taking some videos today. I just tried uploading to my computer to check out my videos and noticed my videos are really choppy. Any ideas why? Is something wrong on my settings? They were saved as mp4 files and appear to be all messed up
2022-1-1
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there CoachTooz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist. In addition may we please know what is the model of the microSD card that you are using please? Thank you.
2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Yes, I have some ideas.  If you are using Windows native media player on a mid-class machine, this will happen.  I know because I have this issue on my machine.  Try VLC media player.  The videos play much better for me.
2022-1-1
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

DJI Stephen Posted at 1-1 19:18
Hello there CoachTooz. I am sorry for the trouble this has caused and thank you for reaching out. Kindly please post a short sample video showing the said issue for us to see and can assist. In addition may we please know what is the model of the microSD card that you are using please? Thank you.

Excuse my ignorance as I'm trying to figure out how to get my videos from .mp4 to a necessary file that they will let me upload. The weird thing is that if I try to drag my video into my web browser, it plays fine through my web browser. I tried VLC player as Charles had suggested and it just shows me the first frame and then freezes (this is after a version update).

My SD card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256 gb. It says Micro SD V30 XC1 on it.
2022-1-1
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-1 19:27
Yes, I have some ideas.  If you are using Windows native media player on a mid-class machine, this will happen.  I know because I have this issue on my machine.  Try VLC media player.  The videos play much better for me.

When I switch over and try on VLC Player, it shows the first frame and then freezes (says its playing, but its a still shot).
2022-1-1
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Well that stinks.  I don't know of an alternative media player to recommend.  WMP behaves for me exactly as you describe (stuttering playback), and VLC plays fine for me.  Not sure of what else specific to suggest.  In general an alternative video player, but I didn't have to look beyond VLC.  
2022-1-1
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

CoachTooz Posted at 1-1 19:55
Excuse my ignorance as I'm trying to figure out how to get my videos from .mp4 to a necessary file that they will let me upload. The weird thing is that if I try to drag my video into my web browser, it plays fine through my web browser. I tried VLC player as Charles had suggested and it just shows me the first frame and then freezes (this is after a version update).

My SD card is a SanDisk Extreme Pro 256 gb. It says Micro SD V30 XC1 on it.

Try this. Find a small video file within your haul that shows the problem, then upload that as is to google drive or dropbox and make it public. Then post a link on this thread so we can have a look and help you diagnose.

It sounds like you have a playback issue on your computer (too high a data rate and maybe missing codec for VLC), rather than a recording issue onto the card, but we can only diagnose that if you post a recorded file.

If you don't want to do that, you can at least upload a short file to YouTube, as unlisted and see how that plays over the web once YouTube has reformatted it.
2022-1-2
Use props
CoachTooz
lvl.1
United States

Nicodema Posted at 1-2 03:42
Try this. Find a small video file within your haul that shows the problem, then upload that as is to google drive or dropbox and make it public. Then post a link on this thread so we can have a look and help you diagnose.

It sounds like you have a playback issue on your computer (too high a data rate and maybe missing codec for VLC), rather than a recording issue onto the card, but we can only diagnose that if you post a recorded file.

Hi, yes, I was able to diagnose and figured out that its a problem with my dinosaur computer, and not with the actual video itself. Thank you everyone for your help!
2022-1-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules