5185 14 2022-1-3
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
noshky
lvl.1
Flight distance : 26791 ft
Germany

Hi,
I'm reading everywhere that the EXIF and GNSS data should be always present in all created images by Mini2, but for me this is not the case.

I do get EXIF and GNSS data on the JPGs on the SD card, but the downloaded photos (from the drone to the iPhone) don't have any location information or other EXIF data. I can see that with the iOS native photo app, and with 3rd party EXIF viewer apps.

Is this supposed to be like that, or is there anything I can do about it?

iOS version: 15.1.1
DJI Fly app version: 1.5.4(589)
Aircraft firmware: 01.03.0000
RC Firmware: 04.11.0032

Thanks,
Janos

2022-1-3
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

Adding a screenshot of the Info panel of a picture from the Mini 2.
2022-1-3
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

Adding a screenshot of the Info panel of a picture from the Mini 2 on iOS.

djimini2.png
2022-1-3
Use props
Geebax
Captain
Australia

The EXIF data is only on the copies of the photos that are saved to the SD card, SSD or internal memory of the aircraft. The 'proof' copies sent to the phone only contain minimal photographic data in order to limit the bandwidth of the transmission.
2022-1-3
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

Hi Geebax, thanks for your response. But it is contradicting to what everyone is reporting in e.g. here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-228550-1-1.html. There, people say that they do have EXIF data in their JPGs on the iOS device, however they have duplicate photos (one with, one without EXIf data).

So there must be a way to get the EXIF data to the iPhone.
2022-1-3
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

I think I figured it out, at least half of it. When I export a photo from the DJI Fly app using the top-right export icon, when the enhancements are deactivated (bottom right icon), then I get a photo with EXIF data & GPS in my iOS photos. When I export with enhancements ON, the photos don't have EXIF data.

The enhancement only happens when the photos are downloaded from the drone to the DJI Fly app first. So best seems to be to directly export them to iOS without downloading them first.

I still don't get it much, when which photo/file is transferred where, when automatically and when enhanced. This is quite a mess!

2022-1-3
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

noshky Posted at 1-3 15:48
Hi Geebax, thanks for your response. But it is contradicting to what everyone is reporting in e.g. here: https://forum.dji.com/thread-228550-1-1.html. There, people say that they do have EXIF data in their JPGs on the iOS device, however they have duplicate photos (one with, one without EXIf data).

So there must be a way to get the EXIF data to the iPhone.

My exif is always managed on IOS so I just download from the SD card now.
2022-1-4
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

>  My exif is always managed on IOS so I just download from the SD card now.

What do you mean by "managed on IOS"? And how do you "download" from the SD card - do you put a card reader to your phone and import the photos from there?
2022-1-4
Use props
Yakko80
lvl.1
Flight distance : 394222 ft
Brazil

Hello! Did you fix this issue? I'm facing the same problem...
2022-3-2
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Yakko80 Posted at 3-2 07:17

If you want exif info, look at the real image files that are saved on the SD card, because there's none on the cached images on your phone.
2022-3-2
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

Yakko80 Posted at 3-2 07:17
No I didn’t find more than what I wrote in #6. I was hoping for someone from DJI to jump in and recognize the bug, but they don’t seem to care for this forum and all there is is false information about EXIF data.

What I found is that EXIF data does exist (no need to go with the SD Card!), but only on those pictures downloaded with the „export“ function without enhancements. EXIF does not exist on the cached ones. But once you have downloaded cached photos AND exported ones, they look like duplicates and there is no way to tell which one is which.

From my point of view there is quite some functionality missing in the app, e.g. dealing with those duplicates, or having settings to control things. This would help a lot already, without having to touch the vehicle’s firmwares.
2022-3-3
Use props
djiuser_FCAqk64LuoSP
New
Flight distance : 15151 ft
Netherlands

I was wondering the same today after transfer from he photos and videos from my Mini 2.
If I got it correctly, the “only” way to have location data in the media produced by the drone is downloading it directly from SD card, using the DJI Fly app to transfer the media will not help if I want more EXIF data.
Did I miss something?
2022-3-10
Use props
noshky
lvl.1
Germany

djiuser_FCAqk64LuoSP Posted at 3-10 18:46
I was wondering the same today after transfer from he photos and videos from my Mini 2.
If I got it correctly, the “only” way to have location data in the media produced by the drone is downloading it directly from SD card, using the DJI Fly app to transfer the media will not help if I want more EXIF data.
Did I miss something?

You might have missed what I explained in post #6 and #11.
2022-3-12
Use props
djiuser_dd8lDeoyZ1D8
New
Flight distance : 8419 ft
United Kingdom

When I take a photo with my new DJI Mini 3, it says "auto enhancing photo" for a few seconds. How do I stop this? I too want to preserve the EXIF info.

Furthermore, all my EXIF captions say 'Default'
2022-10-14
Use props
djiuser_VTJlX6HeS6q4
New

Italy

I have no clue what I’m doing however I have noticed I used to get photos and videos saved automatically on my iPhone along with the location data which would place the images in the locations I took my flights and where each photo was taken specifically in my camera roll. Haven’t been able to figure out why it no longer does that. Another observation unrelated to this thread was my first flights had 4x zoom and then at some point I could only use 2x. Anyone else have that with the mini 2? I’m not looking for a fix it’s only digital zoom, just intrigued as to why 4x isn’t accessible. The image data and not saving bothers me the most. Location definitely used to save to photos etc though
2022-11-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules