Action 2 Geolock
1292 6 2022-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_6exb1pHTJtem
lvl.1

Germany

Hello,

What does the GeoLocking of the Auto Rec shut Off depend on?
Have  brought a european bought Action 2 to the states as a gift for the  nephew. He activated the product but the temp control only allows  standard. What is wrong here?

Thanks in advance.
2022-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

They hate us europeans
2022-1-5
Use props
fansfe82067d
First Officer
  • >>>
Australia

Some have said that it depends where the device is activated - was that in Europe or the USA?  The difference is due to EU safety regulations with which DJI must comply in order to trade in the EU.  I believe that there's not a massive difference in the time you can record between the two settings anyway, and most users report that in everyday use, overheating isn't actually an issue.  I bought my Action 2 on release and have never encountered an overheat shutdown - and Australia isn't famous for cold weather!
2022-1-5
Use props
Visual Air
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 2710115 ft
  • >>>
Canada

johansenfoto Posted at 1-5 13:40
They hate us europeans

We love Europeans here in Canada
2022-1-5
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

Visual Air Posted at 1-5 14:36
We love Europeans here in Canada

Hehe and we love Canadians
2022-1-6
Use props
IftiBashir
Second Officer
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I have a unit purchased from the US, activated in the UK, and I still do not get the higher temp option.
But like the above, I've never had an overheating issue. I can replicate it purposefully by recording 4K120 and keeping the camera still on a desk, in which case any camera this small and powerful would overheat, but with actual day to day usage I've been fine.
2022-1-6
Use props
djiuser_Nsh3FtDNPwtD
lvl.1

Russia

While connecting to phone Action 2 reads current position and blocks temperature menu in Europe. FakeGPS solves this problem in EU
2022-2-1
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules