856 26 2022-1-5
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
charles2626
lvl.3
Flight distance : 283901 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Has anyone experience having dark circular area on their screen whilst taking photos or videoing. I had to send my mavic 3 back as suggested by the support team. They've look at it and confirm that there's no problem with the images. I then had to send them a video footage to show exactly what I mean ,they've investigated again and confirm that alls okay and are at present sending the drone back to me.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

I meant to state Mavic 3
2022-1-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

I'm not understanding.  Are you saying that you have found issues with the photos, and DJI denies that there are problems with the drone taking the photos?  If so, can you share an example photo?
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It’s to the right of every photo taken and video. At first I thought it was a smear on the lens,replaced it with an nd filter and it was still there’s ,even carefully wiped the lens with negative results. Waiting for the drone to be returned and I’ll have to see if it’s still there,I have been using the Rc pro as the controler.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

2022-1-5
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
Flight distance : 320951 ft
New Zealand

There has been another user on this forum with similar issue. Looks like something is sitting within the Lens system that you can't get to. Whatever it is that is not acceptable and you need it fixed/replaced. Goodluck and let us know how you go. Really hope this is occurring within a sealed component and a one off and not something that can "develop" on any mavic 3?
2022-1-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

I'm baffled how any analyst can conclude that there is no product defect.  There was a similar issue reported, and if I recall right that customer did receive a replacement.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I’ll have to wait and see when the drone returns to me. The DJI engineers report states that they’ve checked the camera and can’t find any fault within the system.
2022-1-5
Use props
frankymusik
First Officer
Flight distance : 27841053 ft
  • >>>
Germany

... that is almost unbelievable for me, really!
2022-1-5
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

looks very much how dust on a sensor would look. Have you tried puffing a little air on the lens? I don't mean on the filter portion, but if you remove the glass filter, then puff some air onto the lens. Sounds like you may have already tried this. Its likely a small dust spec sitting directly on the sensor. If you look down into the lens under magnification, you should be able to maybe see the spot if it is in the glass somewhere. I would occasionally have this happen years ago in my SLR cameras. You would have to take the lens off, lock the mirror up to fully expose the sensor inside the body of the camera, then very carefully clean the sensor.

I am shocked DJI would say nothing is wrong here, unless there is just some miscommunication. For example, maybe they are saying the drone and camera do not have any defect, and they may be right in that, but hopefully they did clean the sensor to get the dark spot off. Its also possible that dot could move over time, or if the camera is jarred around. Keep us updated on how it goes.
2022-1-5
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
  • >>>
United States

Tornado12 Posted at 1-5 13:27
looks very much how dust on a sensor would look. Have you tried puffing a little air on the lens? I don't mean on the filter portion, but if you remove the glass filter, then puff some air onto the lens. Sounds like you may have already tried this. Its likely a small dust spec sitting directly on the sensor. If you look down into the lens under magnification, you should be able to maybe see the spot if it is in the glass somewhere. I would occasionally have this happen years ago in my SLR cameras. You would have to take the lens off, lock the mirror up to fully expose the sensor inside the body of the camera, then very carefully clean the sensor.

I am shocked DJI would say nothing is wrong here, unless there is just some miscommunication. For example, maybe they are saying the drone and camera do not have any defect, and they may be right in that, but hopefully they did clean the sensor to get the dark spot off. Its also possible that dot could move over time, or if the camera is jarred around. Keep us updated on how it goes.

Yes, maybe they mean "we have addressed the issue and now find no defect".  It sounds like they ran an electronic diagnostic of some kind and the electronic report came back nominal (which would not account for dust obstructing the sensor).  That's my fear.
2022-1-5
Use props
Labroides
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 9991457 ft
  • >>>
Australia

Tornado12 Posted at 1-5 13:27
looks very much how dust on a sensor would look. Have you tried puffing a little air on the lens? I don't mean on the filter portion, but if you remove the glass filter, then puff some air onto the lens. Sounds like you may have already tried this. Its likely a small dust spec sitting directly on the sensor. If you look down into the lens under magnification, you should be able to maybe see the spot if it is in the glass somewhere. I would occasionally have this happen years ago in my SLR cameras. You would have to take the lens off, lock the mirror up to fully expose the sensor inside the body of the camera, then very carefully clean the sensor.

I am shocked DJI would say nothing is wrong here, unless there is just some miscommunication. For example, maybe they are saying the drone and camera do not have any defect, and they may be right in that, but hopefully they did clean the sensor to get the dark spot off. Its also possible that dot could move over time, or if the camera is jarred around. Keep us updated on how it goes.

looks very much how dust on a sensor would look. Have you tried puffing a little air on the lens?
The sensor is inside the camera, not on the lens.
If it's on the sensor, it won't be moved by blowing the lens.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well they did provide two pictures showing no dark areas as proof that there’s no fault within the camera images. Well I hope those dark areas don’t reappear and as soon as it arrives I shall be taking out their care refresh 1 year as a precaution, should any other problem reoccurs.
2022-1-5
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Do you know what aperture was used in these shots? One way they may have produced shots without the mark showing using a very big aperture opening e.g f/2.8 which could reduce the effect, conversely it would be more obvious with a smaller  aperture e.g f/11 either that or do live near Roswell???
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

These are the two pictures they sent to prove that the dark spot has now gone.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

It looks as if these were taken indoors.
2022-1-5
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Hi, I have now questioned DJI,if these photos were taken indoors, and if the problem of the dark area is still there ,then I’ll be requesting a full refund and continue using my ever faithfull mavic 2 pro.
2022-1-6
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Text I’ve received.
2022-1-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

When you get the drone back I would run through some test shots across all apertures and see what results you get. Good luck!
2022-1-6
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Absolutely, will be doing that,thanks.
2022-1-6
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

Thinking about your case I would also run different tests a different focus points though I would have thought it would have been worse if DJI had taken those shots focusing on something close up as opposed to close to infinity like your initial shots. i.e. if it's something in-between the sensor and front lens the further away you are focused the less visible it would be.  Is going to be a real puzzle if your tests come up clean, I guess you then have something moving around in there which could be really frustrating to recreate!
2022-1-6
Use props
charles2626
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I must say that DJI has shipped out my drone yesterday noon and I’m expecting it back sometime this afternoon,batteries are going to be charged and I’ll be busy flying it carrying out various tests. Got an email from DJI recommending me taking out their DJI care refresh 1 year. What’s everyone’s opinion in this , is it a good step.
2022-1-6
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I must say,I’m impressed that the drone left the Netherlands yesterday afternoon and I’ve received it back today at 13.40. Flew the drone for a length of time changing all the settings on the camera ie,shutter,aperture etc, and the dark area is gone, I’ll be running more tests tomorrow . Still contemplating in taking out the DJI care refresh 1 year.
2022-1-7
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Well I used two batteries at length,so dar no issues with dark spots,still aiming to carry out more tests when the weather improves. Need to take a good look at all footages,just to reassure myself that if it was dust within the lens that it hasn’t moved around or causing blurr areas,which is possible. Took the plunge and took out the care refresh plan 1 year.
2022-1-9
Use props
Bussty
First Officer
New Zealand

What's the longest shutter speed on the M3? are you able to set it on that take some pictures and shine a light down into the lens to see if anything might be down in there? So far looking good though. Good you have this post now as if it is something and dislodges in the future you can refer back to this for support with your case to DJI.
2022-1-9
Use props
fans766a742d
lvl.3
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Two wide angle lens on sale on Amazon
2022-1-16
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now