sad to see
1695 8 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

The Osmo Action may never return while it still sells  https://amzn.to/31uVT8W  camera only and camera and spare bat https://amzn.to/3q0mZya same price.  maybe one day DJI will reconsider to  produce a simular model of the same design with the added Features we have requested over and over.

They already let go the team that created it, they already let go the firmware people, so we can  say goodby dji Osmo Action, and soon this forums Section will be just memories of the fun.

2 1/4 years later its Over . guess the only great thing about this place was. Minimal issues with the DJI
2022-1-6
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Flight distance : 810 ft
Turkey

While it is sad to see no (real) Action 2 from DJI, there are some budget companies filling up the void. Akaso Brave 8 looks very interesting, at least on paper, for instance...
2022-1-8
Use props
Gollan
lvl.4
Canada

I was just using my Osmo Action tonight. Shot 4K for the first time and the video paired nicely with video from my Nikon Z6. It is hard to beat for features and value. If I'm careful with it, I think my OA will last many more years. ​I hope DJI comes to their senses for the Action 3, but if not, we do have other action cam choices.
2022-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
Flight distance : 1173379 ft
  • >>>
Norway

DJI Osmo Action still beats Hero 10 in low light and how easy it is to work with.
Even charging the Gopro is a pain, sometimes it works and sometimes it doesn't work.

Never had any issues with OA.
2022-1-9
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 1-8 02:44
While it is sad to see no (real) Action 2 from DJI, there are some budget companies filling up the void. Akaso Brave 8 looks very interesting, at least on paper, for instance...

Brave 8 do good, but not great

2022-1-9
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

Nice find, thanks a lot I try to follow the action camera scene as much as I can; but since I am on the market for a new drone at the moment, I cannot spend as much time as I would like to on that front.

I believe Brave 8  has some serious software problems, so it is not there yet. There is also a good chance it will never fully function as intended; unfortunately that happens (even with beter brands) more often than not...

That being said, the hardware they offer is still a signfiicant step forward, especially since it manages to escape the 1/2.3" sensor pit (something Gopro has to do soon as well).

I hope the day will come that we won't be happily surprised  to see a sensor that you can find on a ~$150 budget phone in a $300 to $450 action camera....

2022-1-10
Use props
johansenfoto
First Officer
  • >>>
Norway

CemAygun Posted at 1-10 02:52
Nice find, thanks a lot  I try to follow the action camera scene as much as I can; but since I am on the market for a new drone at the moment, I cannot spend as much time as I would like to on that front.

I believe Brave 8  has some serious software problems, so it is not there yet. There is also a good chance it will never fully function as intended; unfortunately that happens (even with beter brands) more often than not...

I think in a few years cellphones will be close to action cameras with stabilization and video quality.
2022-1-14
Use props
Fishycomics
First Officer
United States

I think the parts that are in these cameras are cellphone cameras
2022-1-14
Use props
CemAygun
Second Officer
Turkey

johansenfoto Posted at 1-14 03:16
I think in a few years cellphones will be close to action cameras with stabilization and video quality.

I believe the only reason the action cameras still exist is the form factor. Unfortunately the companies have been milking that advantage to its furthest extent by selling outdated/inferior hardware at exorbitant prices year after year.

It is nice to see things starting to change, albeit slowly ...
2022-2-3
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules