Mavic 3 for Xmas
471 10 2022-1-6
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
JayOhio
lvl.4
Flight distance : 2289446 ft
United States

So, my Wife bought me the Mavic 3 fly more and RC PRO for Xmas. It got hung up in shipping and didn't make it here till the following Tuesday which was fine. It was a shipping issue and DJI added some points to the account which will most likely result in another battery purchase down the road. I received the package about noon and spent about another 4 hours charging and updating firmware. My first attempt at a flight with it I noticed it was losing the signal only being about 10 feet away. Once the connection was somewhat stable, I took off only to lose connection in flight and the M3 went into RTH mode. I gained control and landed on my own and proceeded to check my underwear. After checking settings 3 times I tried another flight only to find it not connecting or being intermittent with the controller. I contacted DJI using their online chat and I was walked through several setting changes to try and correct the issue. It's dark now so the following day I was advised by DJI to try the stock controller and which after 2 long flights with no issues it had to be the RC PRO. The following day DJI asked that I return the whole package as I received it and I did that same day. Two days out to them, and two days back to me and I have a perfectly working package now. I have several flights with the M3 now and everything is working perfectly.
   I can't say enough about the support DJI has provided me. I have been a Air2S owner for some time now and I see the stuff that fills the forums on a daily basis. As a helicopter pilot, small business owner, and a ham radio operator, I have a pretty good understanding of aviation, electronics, and the proper operations of a business. To see DJI constantly coming out with new firmware is what we want to see, a constant improvement of a product. I don't really see much positive stuff posted on the forums and it's like that in all aspects on the web. People just don't post how well something works it's always the negative side you end up hearing about. I myself couldn't be happier with the product and support I have received.

Again thanks to the Support Staff at DJI for your fast and accurate attention.

Alex
Sophie
Daniel
Marcus

Jay Pecora Ohio
2022-1-6
Use props
DarthSLR
First Officer
Flight distance : 1846716 ft
  • >>>
United States

Congrats on M3 and good to hear the issues have been resolved.
I went through a very similar experience (only it took much longer), and ended up with a replacement (brand new, not refurbished or anything) copy, which also seems to work ok.
Have fun, fly safe!
2022-1-6
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

Interesting, I tried upgrading to the RC PRO (not for the M3) earlier this year, and I had nothing but connection issues.  I returned it and didn't try again.  I've been hesitant to try an RC Pro because of that experience and because there's a lot of reports of connection issues.  The basic remote has been solid.  I'd rather have a basic remote with less functions that works than a sophisticated feature rich remote that doesn't.
2022-1-6
Use props
ZeuS-FL
Second Officer
Flight distance : 5782297 ft
  • >>>
United States

You have a wonderful and supportive wife.  I glad everything end up with a happy ending. The Mavic 3 is a great drone and like all new products bugs are expected. Enjoy your new bird.
2022-1-6
Use props
GaryDoug
First Officer
Flight distance : 1264639 ft
  • >>>
United States

I don't know how this is a good thing for you. My Wife gave me a Mavic Mini for Christmas two years ago. That started an obsession with drones for me. Now I hide my purchases from her and buy every newer and more expensive drone that is sold (we can easily afford it). Where does that put you now with not much ceiling of cost to deal with ;-) ....... just kidding, enjoy!
2022-1-6
Use props
DJI Stephen
DJI team

Hello there Jay. Good day and thank you for sharing these wonderful information and your positive feedback for DJI and for our DJI Support Team. Rest assured that DJI is doing it's best to give out the best customer service to all our DJI members. Again, thank you for your support and keep flying. .
2022-1-6
Use props
DAFlys
Captain
Flight distance : 312090263 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Congrats on the Mavic3.
2022-1-7
Use props
Tornado12
lvl.4
Flight distance : 356391 ft
United States

Congrats Jay on the new present. What you experienced with the connection issues and the RC Pro is a well documented problem going on right now with that controller. Your experience also hilights why many feel the issue may even be a hardware defect with a batch of RC Pro's....Its hard to put the issue on firmware when you can have one rc pro work fine, and another cant keep connection, and they are running the same firmware. It certainly smells like hardware problems. Many videos on youtube of this issue in action. The person sends the remote back, gets a new one, and then all of a sudden issue is gone. Same software, same firmware....so what is different? I really wish someone could get a bad remote and a good remote and then take them apart. I really wonder what is different. Is it maybe a bad solder on an antenna or something? Id like to investigate this.
2022-1-7
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

I've had nothing but good experiences with my Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro. Congratulations and have fun with it!
2022-1-7
Use props
Charles Adams
Second Officer
Flight distance : 3821312 ft
  • >>>
United States

erikjsschneider Posted at 1-7 07:59
I've had nothing but good experiences with my Mavic 3 Cine and RC Pro. Congratulations and have fun with it!

I can't claim to have had nothing but positive experiences with M3, but on balance my experiences are positive.  I don't use RTH on purpose, I use bypass judiciously, I've figured out how to manage the long sat lock issue, gimbal tilt seems to clear up when I recenter.  I do miss some of the promised features, but I'm spending enough time just practicing basic photography that I'm not missing out hugely on those features.
2022-1-7
Use props
erikjsschneider
lvl.3
Flight distance : 22513 ft
  • >>>
United States

Charles Adams Posted at 1-7 08:05
I can't claim to have had nothing but positive experiences with M3, but on balance my experiences are positive.  I don't use RTH on purpose, I use bypass judiciously, I've figured out how to manage the long sat lock issue, gimbal tilt seems to clear up when I recenter.  I do miss some of the promised features, but I'm spending enough time just practicing basic photography that I'm not missing out hugely on those features.

I haven't had a ton of time to go flying with mine, probably only around 2 hours total. I don't use RTH either lol. Too paranoid about the investment to risk it.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules