Mini SE battery update
992 3 2022-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

Are DJI shipping batteries with the newer firmware with the self-discharge fix?  I just got a new battery (same as stock; not the LiIon) and no update message is ever displayed.

I tried connecting to the DJI Assistant 2 app but all I can do is export logs.
Is there some way to check battery firmware to see if it's up to date?

Lastly, is self-discharge the only thing that changed?  If so I won't sweat it since I've been dealing with rc lipos for nearly 15 years.

Thanks.
2022-1-7
Use props
MeAtHome
lvl.4
Flight distance : 84104 ft
Switzerland

To my knowledge the Mavic Mini batteries do not self-discharge. The Mini 2 will.
2022-1-7
Use props
shizack
lvl.3
Flight distance : 45505 ft
United States

My Mini SE uses Mini 2 LiPo batteries.  The Mini uses LiIon batteries.

But my concern isn't the self-discharge necessarily.  I've been manually discharging LiPos for years, either flying to the desired level (3.7 - 3.8V per cell) or using an RC battery smart charger on discharge or storage mode.

My concern is why the app doesn't prompt me to upgrade the firmware of this "new" battery that's probably been in a warehouse for months.  I'd like to know how to verify that it has the newer firmware.

Thanks for responding.
2022-1-7
Use props
Guorium
Second Officer
Flight distance : 513061 ft
Australia

shizack Posted at 1-7 02:13
My Mini SE uses Mini 2 LiPo batteries.  The Mini uses LiIon batteries.

But my concern isn't the self-discharge necessarily.  I've been manually discharging LiPos for years, either flying to the desired level (3.7 - 3.8V per cell) or using an RC battery smart charger on discharge or storage mode.

Is production date of the cell after the "discharge fix"? If it is after you should have the latest fw on the battery hence no update is prompted. I don't think there is a way for user to check battery fw version. You can however put a fully charged cell into the charging hub or the drone and wait for the prescribed number of days to verify if self discharge is happening.
2022-1-7
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules