DJI FPV Air Unit as Standalone
1999 2 2022-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
hychewright
lvl.2
United States

I won't to use my DJI FPV Air Unit in a fixed wing aircraft just for video feed to my DJI fpv v2 Goggles only, no FC. The Air Unit and Goggles are already bind. I was going to use a separate battery for the Air Unit and one for the aircraft. Just was wondering if this setup would work? Main battery would run motor, servos and Specktrum receiver.

2022-1-7
Use props
Nicodema
lvl.4
Flight distance : 90259 ft
United Kingdom

If I've understood your plan correctly, i.e. add the air unit with its own battery to an airframe just to function as a VTx, then yeah, should work just fine. You may need to add some filtering to the air unit power, to reject interference from the other gear, but with it being separate you may not need it.
2022-1-8
Use props
hychewright
lvl.2
United States

Nicodema Posted at 1-8 02:50
If I've understood your plan correctly, i.e. add the air unit with its own battery to an airframe just to function as a VTx, then yeah, should work just fine. You may need to add some filtering to the air unit power, to reject interference from the other gear, but with it being separate you may not need it.

Thanks Nicodema, I though it would work be just to check with some pilots that has more experience with the Air Unit than I do. I'll try first without filtering and if I need then like you stated I'll add some filtering. Thanks again Nicodema and happy safe flying!
2022-1-8
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules