Bearings motor
4357 12 2022-1-7
Uploading and Loding Picture ...(0/1)
o(^-^)o
djiuser_sGN8d147KYIP
lvl.1
Flight distance : 25643 ft

Brazil

Guys, one of my motors has clearance in the bearing, does anyone know the measurement of the bearings, I'm looking to change it and I don't need to buy a new motor or arm for the mini2, it flies normal, but the clearance is already leaving the motor with a minimum of vibration.
2022-1-7
Use props
DJI Paladin
Administrator
Flight distance : 318 ft

Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, we strongly suggest sending the unit to us for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.
2022-1-8
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
Flight distance : 15997 ft
  • >>>
United Kingdom

If you try dismantling a motor and succeed please post how you did it. Which arm, front or back?
The front arms contain the antennae and these share the same wiring harness as the motors, that may complicate removing a motor from a front arm. I am a 'fixer or a replace only the necessary part' but with the front arms I'd be inclined to replace arm and motor.
Besides, unless you yourself have a donor drone I think you may struggle to find motors only.
If warranty is an issue a DIY repair will probably invalidate your warranty.
2022-1-8
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Flight distance : 80646017 ft
Poland

I was able to disassemble the engine. These bearings are quite weak and you will notice a distinct noise after around 100 hours of flight time. I built a puller and pulled out the axle. There are two bearings. One plain bearing is placed in a plastic cage glued to the aluminum body. The second is a ball bearing with dimensions of 2x5x2.5mm. It is pressed into the aluminum body and fixed with the folded edges. The ball bearing is not a problem. You'll find a lot of this on Alixpress. I chose ABEC9, although originally mounted they are certainly much less precise. It is worse with the plain bearing. I can't find a replacement. It is a bronze bushing with dimensions of 2x4x2.2mm, the so-called round. It is not cylindrical. I wonder if I should leave the old one. What is your experience with this topic?
2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Can you post photos of the puller and the dismantled motor please?
2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

Given how cheap replacement arms are (with motor) I’d probably just swap the arm and not worry about any potential issues mid flight…. I don’t think the motor design is based around replaceable parts - it looks like a disposable unit to me.  The last thing you want is to be cruising around 200' in the air and have a bearing fail or the spindle fall out!

But if you can do it, thumbs up to you!
2022-4-14
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Sean-bumble-bee Posted at 4-14 11:35
Can you post photos of the puller and the dismantled motor please?

Where are those cheap spindle motor arms? Now that's 50% of the drone's price!
IMG_20220415_001343.jpg
2022-4-14
Use props
Sean-bumble-bee
Core User of DJI
  • >>>
United Kingdom

Thanks, am I correct in thinking that the coin screws to the motor's mounting plate and that the screw? in the centre of the coin presses the rotor's shaft out of the bearing?
If so
1) that's inventive.
2) Did you have to press or pull the bearing separately?

In which direction did you extract the bearing, towards the camera or towards the desk top?

2022-4-14
Use props
TomKatt
lvl.4
Flight distance : 115184 ft
United States

nOxxxx Posted at 4-14 14:15
Where are those cheap spindle motor arms? Now that's 50% of the drone's price!

50% ?  Wow - stuff is expensive where you're at !

New arms on eBay US average $30 shipped - I've seen cheaper for used parts or China shops on the web...

But I have to admit your tooling is impressively clever !  Points for ingenuity if nothing else !

EDIT - if you have wobble in the bearing, be sure to check the spindle for wear !

M2.png
2022-4-15
Use props
Aaron Devon Donahue
New

United States

Hello everyone .
I've had the same noise problem with my DJI FPV series drone motors and I normally purchase a new motor.

Those days are over, because I've found several companies that stock the 9x4x4 mm sealed bearings for under $2 each.
I was able to salvage all my old motors I didn't throw away.
2022-12-4
Use props
Aaron Devon Donahue
New

United States

DJI Paladin Posted at 1-8 05:54
Hi there. Thank you for reaching out and we're sorry for the trouble. In this case, we strongly suggest sending the unit to us for proper diagnostics. You can contact our support team to start up a ticket at https://www.dji.com/support. Thank you for your understanding and support.

Hello everyone .
I've had the same noise problem with my DJI FPV series drone motors and I normally purchase a new motor.

Those days are over, because I've found several companies that stock the 9x4x4 mm sealed bearings for under $2 each.
I was able to salvage all my old motors I didn't throw away.

@ Fast Eddy's bearings
2022-12-4
Use props
fans68a7fe8e
lvl.1
Flight distance : 3117625 ft

United Kingdom

you would think all  dji drones would have good quality ceramic bearings, the mini series of drones are not exactly cheap to buy,
but seem to get the same crappy bearing you find on a £20 drone. i wonder if the mini 3 pro has ceramic bearings ???
I have a noisy motor and its definitely a loose bearing on the back left arm of my mini 2. i will see if i can find ceramic bearings and see how that goes.
i think the Bronze bush in the plastic at the bottom is a joke, that will 100% wear due to not having any oil or fluid on the bushing.
That is also a bad thing with DJI they do not mention to people to oil the bearings, sealed does not mean they stay sealed with oil, it just means sealed from dust..
the bearings should be oiled with a very fine bearing oil.. DO NOT USE GREASE too much drag and will collect every bit of dust going...

phill
2023-1-11
Use props
nOxxxx
Second Officer
Poland

Bronze plain bearings generally do not require additional lubrication. The problem is that the engines in the mini 2 have relatively high revolutions, even over 20,000 rpm. This causes accelerated wear of the sliding bearings, and the resulting play causes the slow destruction of the ball bearing. Unfortunately, I was unable to find ceramic bearings in this size.
2023-1-12
Use props
Advanced
You need to log in before you can reply Login | Register now

Credit Rules